Ninja Scroll & Ninja Scroll 2

Anime, Manga, Tokusatsu, Martial Arts, Culture, ETC.

Ninja Scroll & Ninja Scroll 2

Postby EDcomics » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 pm

I don't know if there's any news about the sequel, but...

I wonder if they can recapture the "magic" of the first one. Of course, I'm not an uninitiated 15-year-old anymore, so the shock factor won't come into play this time. I'm a little concerned about the villain designs. The "motorcycle" guy looks a bit goofy, and the CG origami effects are kind of underwhelming. Still, I have hope.

------------------------------------

From Wikipedia:

Anime sequel:
An official sequel, Jūbē Ninpūchō 2, is classed as in production with no specific release date. The film is scheduled to be written and directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri, and will most likely be released in the west as Ninja Scroll 2.
In North America, the Ninja Resurrection anime films were marketed as sequels to Ninja Scroll, but were actually created by a separate animation studio. The only similarity they both share is a lead character named Jubei. The Jubei in Ninja Resurrection was Yagyū Jūbei while Ninja Scroll featured Jubei Kibagami.

I remember being tricked into thinking Ninja Resurrection was a sequel to Ninja Scroll, but it just wasn't. As the article says, the only similarity is the main character's name. The story of Ninja Resurrection is actually an old one, which has been done in live action film many times over.

NINJA SCROLL:

NOT NINJA SCROLL:
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Re: Ninja Scroll & Ninja Scroll 2

Postby TheFallen » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:12 am

This is one of my all time favourite anime along with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. I would love to see a sequel that captures the same magic as the first one.

Another thing I would love to see is a line of fully articulated action figures. It is one my grails.
TheFallen
Bronze Grunt

Postby Dayraven » Sun May 03, 2015 1:28 pm

color me in on this idea too, i'd be down for figures like nobody's business.
Dayraven
Bronze Grunt

Postby Jay Ocegueda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:44 am

Ninja Scroll is the best anime series ever, period.
Hey, wanna know how to become a millionaire for free? Well, it's pretty easy! The only thing that I love more then these games is Vegas slots. The secret is playing slots on a mobile phone.
Jay Ocegueda

Return to Far East Connection