GARO

Anime, Manga, Tokusatsu, Martial Arts, Culture, ETC.

GARO

Postby EDcomics » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 am

This continues to be a series that produces fantastic action figures. I'm about to do a mini rant about a lack of Horror figures, though, so let's make it official first.

EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Re: GARO

Postby EDcomics » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:49 am

So ok, we know about (or own) stuff like this:

...but when are these Super Deformed Horrors going to come out? There are more planned than I even knew about until tonight!

EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Dorkey » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Concerning the Art Storm SD Garo series, the base horror (blue), and Ungray (muli-coloured) were re-released in July 2012. Humpty (in box) had an original release date of July 2012.

If you look at the archived pictures of most toy sites that have coverage of Japanese toy shows such as Wonder Festival and Super Festival, you'll probably see that the first pictures of these figures date back to some point in 2010.
Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Dorkey wrote:Concerning the Art Storm SD Garo series, the base horror (blue), and Ungray (muli-coloured) were re-released in July 2012. Humpty (in box) had an original release date of July 2012.

If you look at the archived pictures of most toy sites that have coverage of Japanese toy shows such as Wonder Festival and Super Festival, you'll probably see that the first pictures of these figures date back to some point in 2010.

I do remember the original reveal was a long time ago. I tend to rely too heavily on BigBadToyStore.com. They still have GARO on preorder, and none of the others were ever listed. I guess I missed out. Maybe eBay or Amazon can be my friend on this toy hunt.

Thanks for the info, Dorkey. Be sure to let us know what stuff you're watching/doing/whatevering over there.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Gatchagrey » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:17 pm

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Well, now I just feel silly.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Gatchagrey » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:24 pm

me wants
"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby sSHADOWw » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Gatchagrey wrote:Image

me wants

What's the difference from the previous ones? I have all their previous figures, one of my favorites and I always have people asking me about them. All I say is dont know much but they are bad ass!
sSHADOWw

Postby Gatchagrey » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:16 pm

first off they are based on the third series.. the previous versions had removable armor much like the sic figures while the newer ones starting from the second series are tool with the non removable armor...

this figure in particular ids the golden version and is a totally different design than the orginal figure...
here is the black version of that same figure and the other characters form the show

Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:24 pm

EDcomics wrote:So ok, we know about (or own) stuff like this:

...but when are these Super Deformed Horrors going to come out? There are more planned than I even knew about until tonight!

What is that first gold and.black figure? And where do I get one?
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Gatchagrey » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:37 pm

the first one is berserk garo and someone has it for a decent price on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/13-5-Garo-Zaruba- ... words=garo

its about 12-13 inches high and very heavy... they actually have t so you have to rmove the shoulder and hip joints to change position..
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:09 pm

Gatchagrey wrote:the first one is berserk garo and someone has it for a decent price on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/13-5-Garo-Zaruba- ... words=garo

its about 12-13 inches high and very heavy... they actually have t so you have to rmove the shoulder and hip joints to change position..

Thanks for that link. Grabbed it. :D

And thanks Ed, for posting that pic in the first place. :mrgreen:
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby EDcomics » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Sir Real wrote:Thanks for that link. Grabbed it. :D

And thanks Ed, for posting that pic in the first place. :mrgreen:

Quite welcome, sir :) This is a really unique item. It's not quite an action figure, but definitely not a statue. My only gripe about it is that it's weighty and top-heavy, so I suggest leaning it up against a wall, or finding some kind of support for it to "sit" on. The "Prop" accessory that comes with Berserk Garo is beautiful.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Gatchagrey » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:45 pm

just watched the latest episode of the new series and I have to admit though I miss all the special effects and cool unique monster this has turned out to be a pretty cool show...

there is some awesome stunts being done in this episode...and from what I can tell they are being done by the main actors for the most part...

still if you are not watching this you really are missing out..just fun stuff here
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:54 am

Gatchagrey wrote:just watched the latest episode of the new series and I have to admit though I miss all the special effects and cool unique monster this has turned out to be a pretty cool show...

there is some awesome stunts being done in this episode...and from what I can tell they are being done by the main actors for the most part...

still if you are not watching this you really are missing out..just fun stuff here

Well, I'm currently missing out -- not just on this, but a LOT of stuff. Things have been so busy lately, but a post in the GARO thread is always enough to make me pause and take notice ;) I'll have to check out this new series ASAP.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Next

Return to Far East Connection