GARO

Anime, Manga, Tokusatsu, Martial Arts, Culture, ETC.

Re: GARO

Postby Gatchagrey » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:56 am

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:45 pm

That doesn't surprise me. Now, Zero played a character in... was it Faiz? Am I making that up? Am I confused?
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Gatchagrey » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:27 pm

EDcomics wrote:That doesn't surprise me. Now, Zero played a character in... was it Faiz? Am I making that up? Am I confused?

yes it was Faiz he played the dragon Orphnoch
http://www.kamen-rider.com/database/200 ... tazaki.jpg

it interesting because they used his 2 form strong and fast idea in Kabuto
"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby ChaoticDescent » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:14 am

EDcomics wrote:This continues to be a series that produces fantastic action figures. I'm about to do a mini rant about a lack of Horror figures, though, so let's make it official first.

Garo is horror?? Superficially it never looked deformed or gory enough for me to make that association. It always just looked like ornate medieval style with a little bit of animalism in there.

I really love the aesthetic of Garo though! If I survive long enough, I'd like to get into that line, but my plate's kinda full since I took on JoJo, and I never got enough Devilman by Fewture. (speaking of horror. I only have like maybe half a dozen figures. at least my Resurrection of Monstress {also sorta horror} collection is pretty much done save for a clear Gillealla.)
ChaoticDescent
Standard Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:53 am

ChaoticDescent wrote:Garo is horror?? Superficially it never looked deformed or gory enough for me to make that association. It always just looked like ornate medieval style with a little bit of animalism in there.

The enemy creatures from Garo are called Horrors. I guess you could substitute this with "Demons" or "Monsters", but in the show, they are known as "Horrors".
Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:35 am

Gatchagrey wrote:ZERO series coming
http://garo-project.jp/ZERO/

Interesting to see that they have Amemiya back as the director.
Edit: They actually have him listed as the "General Director" and the director is Ryu Kaneda.

Also, they're going to have something called the "Gold Wolf Appreciation Festival" on November 23rd.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:00 pm

ChaoticDescent wrote:Garo is horror?? Superficially it never looked deformed or gory enough for me to make that association. It always just looked like ornate medieval style with a little bit of animalism in there.

As Dorkey said, the monsters are called Horrors... but in general, I think you could classify the series as horror -- at least, when compared to Sentai or Kamen Rider. You have demonic possession, murder, scary clowns, twisted surgeons, etc... It's not the gore-fest we typically have in slasher films, and it's not a jump-scare type of show either... but it has plenty of horror elements. A little kid would be freaked out by it.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Dorkey » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:44 am

My Ryuga version of Garo arrived two weeks ago.

Thought I'd brag.

A comparison of box sizes.
The box on the left is from Bado, the box on the right is for Ryuga Garo - his cape takes a lot of space in that box.
Comparison between an E&P Garo and Ryuga Garo.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:56 am

Wow, looks great. Mine still hasn't arrived yet. I have a whole stack of stuff in my Pile of Loot on BigBadToyStore.com, but I won't have them ship it until this guy arrives.

Dorkey, do you have every GARO figure at this point? Sadly, I'm only at 5 total, but they really look great on display together. Some of the best figures I own.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Dorkey » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 pm

EDcomics wrote:Wow, looks great. Mine still hasn't arrived yet. I have a whole stack of stuff in my Pile of Loot on BigBadToyStore.com, but I won't have them ship it until this guy arrives.

Dorkey, do you have every GARO figure at this point? Sadly, I'm only at 5 total, but they really look great on display together. Some of the best figures I own.

I missed out on the E&P Taiga & Gouten, passed on the Makai Kadou Garo, Zero and Kiba (have these in E&P) as well as Jaaku (wasn't really interested in a black repaint of Garo - who was basically a copycat with a different colour in the show).

Edit: I did pick the re-issue of Gouten (without Taiga) and I passed on Raigou (Kiba's horse).
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Gatchagrey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm

ryuga looks amazing....
not sure if i can wait to get him...

and I picked up a raigou and it is freaking great figure... he dwarfs gotten...and stands nearly as tall as beserk garo...

I also do not have any of the figuarts or the Kiwami Tamashii versions either
but this is still one of the best looking figure lines out there
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:01 pm

I only just started watching Makai Senki. I don't know how the time got away from me, but I just never got around to watching this stuff. I wasn't happy with the White Night OVA, so maybe I was put off GARO for a while. I really enjoyed the original series, and so far this one is really cool. The action is really good. The film quality is really high. It looks like they really put a lot of effort into it.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Dorkey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Just a rumour, but I thought it might be worth posting:

Gai will be available as a Tamashii Web exclusive for March 2014!
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Dorkey wrote:Just a rumour, but I thought it might be worth posting:

Gai will be available as a Tamashii Web exclusive for March 2014!

These exclusives are just too darn expensive!
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Dorkey » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:03 am

BandaI should be announcing this in the next couple of days
http://ameblo.jp/garo-project/entry-11649036653.html
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Far East Connection