GARO

Anime, Manga, Tokusatsu, Martial Arts, Culture, ETC.

Re: GARO

Postby Gatchagrey » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Dorkey wrote:BandaI should be announcing this in the next couple of days
http://ameblo.jp/garo-project/entry-11649036653.html

drool.. me wants...

do you know of any others they may release from the show...the gold ryuga was a bit of a surprise but made sense.. any chance of a gold version of the other 2 like in the final episodes...
"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 am

Gatchagrey wrote:

drool.. me wants...

do you know of any others they may release from the show...the gold ryuga was a bit of a surprise but made sense.. any chance of a gold version of the other 2 like in the final episodes...

The actual identity of "Gold Ryuga" hasn't been made clear. Some say he's Ryuga, but there are a few inconsistencies. Somebody at Bandai said it is Ryuga with some artistic liberties taken. Another person at Bandai said it's a character from the next Garo series which was accidentally given an early release, and if they pulled it from the Tamashii Web site, this would cause more trouble than allowing for the figure to be sold - I'll try to get an answer at Tamashii Nation (if they send me an invitation).

Other than that, no information on any new Garo figures at the moment.
Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:09 am

And, it's official!

Bandai has listed Gai on Tamashii Web
http://tamashii.jp/item/10529/
6.090yen with delivery in late March 2014 (Japan)
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Gatchagrey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Dorkey wrote:
Gatchagrey wrote:

drool.. me wants...

The actual identity of "Gold Ryuga" hasn't been made clear. Some say he's Ryuga, but there are a few inconsistencies. Somebody at Bandai said it is Ryuga with some artistic liberties taken. Another person at Bandai said it's a character from the next Garo series which was accidentally given an early release, and if they pulled it from the Tamashii Web site, this would cause more trouble than allowing for the figure to be sold - I'll try to get an answer at Tamashii Nation (if they send me an invitation).

Other than that, no information on any new Garo figures at the moment.

really interesting info.. let us know if you get more info

also someone posted this on another toku board

That's what I mean. Gai is the last night they need to release to be caught up. But apparently the line has sold so poorly that they probably won't be making any new figures to accompany that Zero series. Maybe a reissue of zero but I think that's about it

any info on that?

BTW sent you and email...dorky
"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Gatchagrey wrote:also someone posted this on another toku board

That's what I mean. Gai is the last night they need to release to be caught up. But apparently the line has sold so poorly that they probably won't be making any new figures to accompany that Zero series. Maybe a reissue of zero but I think that's about it

any info on that?

BTW sent you and email...dorky

Actually, they need to release Sonshi to be caught up, I'd love to get my hands on that bat-winged Makai Knight.

Anyway, the poor sales is what has brought every recent item from Makai Kadou to Tamashii Nation exclusives (Baron was the last Knight sold in stores). As exclusives, there really isn't too much of a risk in manufacturing.
If the above assumption was made due to the delay in releasing Gai, this apparently was not a financial matter. From what I understand, there was trouble working out the details of the bow - whether it would be one piece as it was in the begining of the show, or have it as a two piece bow/sword (as a two piece item, could they do a better job than what was done with S.I.C. Chalice's bow?) as it was repaired after battling Sonshi.

Once again, I'll see if I can get some more insight into this matter at Tamashii Nation (if my invitation ever arrives).

BTW, saw the e-mail - I'm on it.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Just arrived.

I had thought that Zen was supposed to be a red Makai Knight, but up close, he appears to be copper.

Between design and colour, this may be my favourite Makai Knight so far.

However, if you play with your toys, Zen may be a disappointment. I feel he has less range of motion than Ryuga, and when posing Zen, his arms and legs kept popping out of their sockets - his jaw even fell off at one point. Another issue I'm having is with his gold knee piece (right knee) which keeps falling off, but I think this may not be a common problem.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Hmm... Your description of the figure worries me. I haven't preordered it, but I've been considering picking it up when it arrives in stock at BBTS. Very steep price for me, though, especially so soon after Ryuga. Still, I want to see my collection grow. Time to start narrowing my toy-collecting focus, and I think these guys are on the menu.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Dorkey » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:57 pm

EDcomics wrote:Hmm... Your description of the figure worries me. I haven't preordered it, but I've been considering picking it up when it arrives in stock at BBTS. Very steep price for me, though, especially so soon after Ryuga. Still, I want to see my collection grow. Time to start narrowing my toy-collecting focus, and I think these guys are on the menu.

Like I said, I like him - a lot. However, he is more for display than play.
So, ultimately, the question becomes "do you want him as a toy, or as a piece of art?"
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:05 am

Never got my invitation for Tamashii Nation 2013, but I went anyway - and they let me in, no questions asked.

No plans for Sonshi at the moment.
"Garo Shou" is supposed to be the gold version of Ryuga from the final episode.
Prototypes of the gold Zen and Gai were on display (pictures should be up at IAT soon - if they accept my pics).
Zero's steed, Ginga was also on display, but photography wasn't permitted.
The Bandai represntative mentioned that they have no plans to bring the Garo/Makai Kadou series to an end.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Gatchagrey » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Dorkey wrote:Never got my invitation for Tamashii Nation 2013, but I went anyway - and they let me in, no questions asked.

No plans for Sonshi at the moment.
"Garo Shou" is supposed to be the gold version of Ryuga from the final episode.
Prototypes of the gold Zen and Gai were on display (pictures should be up at IAT soon - if they accept my pics).
Zero's steed, Ginga was also on display, but photography wasn't permitted.
The Bandai represntative mentioned that they have no plans to bring the Garo/Makai Kadou series to an end.

cool I saw some coverage on some sites was hoping you made it there..
that is awesome news man I would love a ginga ....
and thanks for the info on the line continuing
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Gatchagrey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Gatchagrey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:38 pm

soooo mine
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:48 pm

I just saw the preorder went up for him on BBTS. Too rich for my blood, even if I could get it a little cheaper. It looks like a really nice item, though.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Gatchagrey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:26 pm

EDcomics wrote:I just saw the preorder went up for him on BBTS. Too rich for my blood, even if I could get it a little cheaper. It looks like a really nice item, though.

it is available for about 110 shipped from big in japan....I want to ask dorkey to pick me up one but I ask him for too much as it is.....
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Trailer for the Garo anime.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Far East Connection