Birds available on BBTS

Birds available on BBTS

Postby domu » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:55 pm

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... hitropolis
Not all of them, and not great prices, but not bad.
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Re: Birds available on BBTS

Postby Jeremy Girard » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:52 pm

All they are missing is the black raven and Minotaur the Duck. I wonder if the 4H just dumped whatever stock they had left in these at AF Express and now at BBTS to avoid having to deal with the shipping hassles of making them available in the store again?

I'd love to see some extra wings make their way into the market somehow.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby ChaoticDescent » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:All they are missing is the black raven and Minotaur the Duck. I wonder if the 4H just dumped whatever stock they had left in these at AF Express and now at BBTS to avoid having to deal with the shipping hassles of making them available in the store again?

I'd love to see some extra wings make their way into the market somehow.

That would be terrible. To let BBTS mark-up the price double just for that isn't good for us.
As soon as I order the figures I want, I'll change my mind about 4H reissuing wave 1. :| Unless I pass on the white raven... Oh boy. I think I'm going to get the wave 2 owl to put my skeletal add-on onto, and have him VS the black raven with the open-mouth head. Fire VS ice phoenix. Cardinal VS bluejay. Quetzalcoatl VS no one.
ChaoticDescent
Standard Grunt

Postby Tekwych » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:22 pm

BBTS was made aware of a secondary interest in the birds during the KS and said that they were contacting the 4H about placing a bulk order.
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Golden Grunt

Postby Nekk-ra » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Yeah, AFX and Big Bad probably made separate orders with the Horsemen, and it was decent of the guys to wait until (hopefully) most of the KS backers got their stuff before the retailers got theirs. Not much left (Iz-Ra, Falcus, and the Phoenix), and nothing I want (have Iz, and prefer Nimituss and the blue Phoenix from s.2). The prices are high, but still a lot less than what they're going for on Ebay.
Nekk-ra
Bronze Grunt

Postby ChaoticDescent » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Nekk-ra wrote:Not much left

Everything's still up.

Strange that the cardinal and rooster are the most expensive. Were they really the ones that sold the fastest?
ChaoticDescent
Standard Grunt

Postby Nekk-ra » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:16 pm

ChaoticDescent wrote:
Nekk-ra wrote:Not much left

Everything's still up.

Strange that the cardinal and rooster are the most expensive. Were they really the ones that sold the fastest?
t

Really? When I clicked on the link it only showed the three I mentioned. That's weird. :oops:

I don't know why Cardinus would be so expensive. It was the last of Ravens to sell out, and took a while to do so.
Nekk-ra
Bronze Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Meh. I'd love another shot at the birds, but at $70-85 a piece? No thanks.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Sir Real » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:49 pm

This could be the "best" prices we see these guys at, from here on out. If series 1 is re-released, I believe I read a comment where it was said that there would be some paint differences. But that was just hypothetically; there has been no word at all if series 1 will be released at all (except for the obvious total repaints of some of the series 1 birds for series 2: white rooster, white owl, etc.)

I will say that I did get a Cardinal and a Rooster from BBTS, even at those prices, just so I would have my "required doubles" for those two, since they were my two favorite.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby homunculus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Yeah, I picked up a white raven. Because I am weak.
homunculus
Bronze Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:43 pm

I won't say if I got any more... :D
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby homunculus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:58 pm

You're safe here, Sir. We've all got the same disease. Also, Eagalus and Cardinus are gone now.
homunculus
Bronze Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:40 pm

Sir Real wrote:This could be the "best" prices we see these guys at, from here on out. If series 1 is re-released, I believe I read a comment where it was said that there would be some paint differences. But that was just hypothetically; there has been no word at all if series 1 will be released at all (except for the obvious total repaints of some of the series 1 birds for series 2: white rooster, white owl, etc.)

And if that's the case, I'll have to live without. They're great figures, and I'd like to own most of them, but I've yet to meet the 6" action figure that'll get me to pay out $80.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby kgswaim » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:20 pm

I bought one of each (before Eagalus and Cardinus sold out). I had a small credit at BBTS so I got them shipped for free. I calculated that I spent about $75 pre figure. I've come close to bidding crazy amounts on ebay, but I always managed to come down from the ledge. I spend $60+ on S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla figures, so pricey action figures aren't that new to me. And I definitely think 4H figures are worth it.
kgswaim

Postby Sir Real » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Rooster is sold out now too.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Next

Return to Gothitropolis & Raven Kickstarter