Figure Stands

Figure Stands

Postby Naja » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:24 pm

Has anyone had any luck finding alternative figure stands to what 4HM are offering? I'm looking for something clear that I can use to raise the birds off the ground so I can better showcase all those alternate foot sculpts!
Thanks in advance.
Naja
Apprentice

Re: Figure Stands

Postby Neptunebastard » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Naja wrote:Has anyone had any luck finding alternative figure stands to what 4HM are offering? I'm looking for something clear that I can use to raise the birds off the ground so I can better showcase all those alternate foot sculpts!
Thanks in advance.

There are a bunch of different Japanese figure stands you can order from Amazon or Big-Bad-Toy-Store, Tamashii Effects is one line, I think that's by Bandai. They're made for lighter weight figures, Gundam and such, but they work...if you use multiple stands or get one that has multiple pieces, the basic clear stand by itself wouldn't support a Raven, you'd need at least two to fly a bird. I only have one set, I spent $30 on one that has 3 bases, 6 arms, and some blast effects and it's cool...not as cool as I wanted it to be but it's cool, I can't post the pic at work but I have Blizzard and Beetle fighting Iron Man for my first experiment with it...I do have Beetle flying balanced on one arm/stand b/c he's flying horizontally and I have the arm straight and connected to his waist but for complex positions you'd definitely need more than one arm to hold them up as they have 2-3 elbows and they don't lock...which is why they aren't quite as cool as you want them to be but they still work.
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby garyl » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:37 pm

I bought a couple Obitsu stands for the birds when I first got them, and they do lift them pretty high up; but there was so much swaying back and forth that I didn't trust it to hold up over time. These wings are so heavy I doubt if the birds legs will be able to support the weight of them over time either. I've decided to eventually try to make some custom stands out of clear acrylic rod; maybe heat form it and/or connect pieces with acrylic cement. Something that would support them at the base of the wings, where they connect to the body, rather than around the figure's waist. I think a custom stand is the only way for me to get them in the right positions and at the right height without risking damaging them.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Naja » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Are the 4HM stands adequate for lifting the birds up an inch or two?
Naja
Apprentice

Postby garyl » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Naja wrote:Are the 4HM stands adequate for lifting the birds up an inch or two?

There is a review of them on the OAFE website, " Four Horsemen Display Base Review ". that may help you decide. You could also easily show the feet just through creative posing; such as the Steven Seagal straight kick, the Jean Claude van Damme spinning back kick, or ( my personal favorite ) giving each other pedicures.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Return to Gothitropolis & Raven Kickstarter