Wolfbat Next Please!!

Re: Wolfbat Next Please!!

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Mr Yac wrote:eh, there are plenty of characters that i'm sure have placed way higher then him in multiple Fan-Ex votings. hell didn't ice Guy come in 2nd to both 7th Kingdom winners?

Sez who?

We actually know that Wolfbat lost to Raven by less than 50 votes. We don't know how well any of the other characters you referenced did numerically speaking.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby beast guy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Izdawiz wrote:
beast guy wrote:Werewolves seem to be popular at the time even though that may be starting to wane. Although I think the Vampire Queen could give better variants.

Well keep in mind that the last bunch of Queens the Four Horsemen did sold terribly which doesn't exactly inspire confidence that an all female Vamp queen line would do any better. Believe me, if I thought the Vamp queen line could do as well or better than Wolfbat, I'd be 100 percent behind it. In fact I have heard some stories (from very reputable sources) about how bad that line of Queens sold that I almost couldn't believe them when I heard them.

I think you are thinking of the Wolfbat as one single werewolf figure, instead of a whole line of unique variants.

The Wolfbat would only be one variant and maybe the only werewolf or wold/bat hybrid among them. And while some may claim the don't like him he only lost to the Raven by a very few votes so plenty of people like him.

Finally, if you don't think that the Four Horsemen could knock a bunch of Wolfbat variants out of the park, then you haven't been paying attention. :D

I like Wolf Bat and I agree the Horsemen could do some awesome variants for him. I just think the Vampire Queen could be used to make more interesting variants.

They could go all translucent black to create a denizen of a shadow realm.

They could create a cloudy translucent variant to make a ghost for fans of the paranormal.

They could create a werewolf lady based off classic Universal werewolf to give a sort of bearded lady effect for the guys who are too macho to be girl figures.

I could go on but I will leave it at this. Would you rather play with Lassies or lassies?

btw. I blame low sales on the fact two thirds of the queens court were cats. ;)

edit

How could I forget a zombie variant? Everybody loves zombies.
Last edited by beast guy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Izdawiz wrote:Sez who?

We actually know that Wolfbat lost to Raven by less than 50 votes. We don't know how well any of the other characters you referenced did numerically speaking.

i'll be honest my memory is a bit hazy as the first couple votes were so long ago, but I do recall him being in the first 2 (certainly the 2nd) FanEx and he never made it beyond round 1, he lost to Scarabus as well so we have at least a 2 time loser (possibly 4) so I hardly think calling him what the fans wanted is accurate in the least
Mr Yac
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:48 pm

EDcomics wrote:I voted for WolfBat over the Raven, but I need a break from this sort of thing. Time for something new.

Yeah, I can see you wanting a break but I don't think all 1300 something people on Kickstarter have indicated they need a break.

Heck they just pledged over a quarter million dollars for a series of birds and one feathered serpent. What makes you think they would react the same way to Symbiotech or Magma Corps or the unnamed "new thing" that you are calling for?

To a lot of people the Ravens are the new thing and people are asking for more birds more Minotaurs, more elephants etc. Doesn't seem like those people need a break yet.

People like to build collections. Keep changing your format, scale etc. and you lose momentum for that sort of thing.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:50 pm

beast guy wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:
beast guy wrote:Werewolves seem to be popular at the time even though that may be starting to wane. Although I think the Vampire Queen could give better variants.

Well keep in mind that the last bunch of Queens the Four Horsemen did sold terribly which doesn't exactly inspire confidence that an all female Vamp queen line would do any better. Believe me, if I thought the Vamp queen line could do as well or better than Wolfbat, I'd be 100 percent behind it. In fact I have heard some stories (from very reputable sources) about how bad that line of Queens sold that I almost couldn't believe them when I heard them.

I think you are thinking of the Wolfbat as one single werewolf figure, instead of a whole line of unique variants.

The Wolfbat would only be one variant and maybe the only werewolf or wold/bat hybrid among them. And while some may claim the don't like him he only lost to the Raven by a very few votes so plenty of people like him.

Finally, if you don't think that the Four Horsemen could knock a bunch of Wolfbat variants out of the park, then you haven't been paying attention. :D

I like Wolf Bat and I agree the Horsemen could do some awesome variants for him. I just think the Vampire Queen could be used to make more interesting variants.

They could go all translucent black to create a denizen of a shadow realm.

They could create a cloudy translucent variant to make a ghost for fans of the paranormal.

They could create a werewolf lady based off classic Universal werewolf to give a sort of bearded lady effect for the guys who are too macho to be girl figures.

I could go on but I will leave it at this. Would you rather play with Lassies or lassies?

btw. I blame low sales on the fact two thirds of the queens court were cats. ;)

Then why did ALL of the queen variants, (cat and not cat) sell poorly? Since you could get whatever combination of variants you wanted and pick and choose, that belief doesn't hold up.

It wasn't that they were cats, but that they were cats without fur because they had repainted human legs and arms.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby SalemCrow » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:09 pm

I'd like Wolfbat, as well as the Ministry of Hunters.

Honestly, I wasn't compelled to get any of the first Queen's court, and if I'm being honest, the Vamp Queen's not doing much for me either.

In my mind the 4H excel at the more out there designs that allow for their creativity to shine.

I'd be all for Symbiotech as long as both figures are fully articulated. I was really fond of of a few of those designs.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby beast guy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Then why did ALL of the queen variants, (cat and not cat) sell poorly? Since you could get whatever combination of variants you wanted and pick and choose, that belief doesn't hold up.

It wasn't that they were cats, but that they were cats without fur because they had repainted human legs and arms.

Fair points but doesn't the second one point out part of the reason why they didn't sell so well?

Here is an interesting article regarding part of the vote in which Raven won.

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/11116.shtml

The vampire Queen was quite popular.

edit

Although it looks like Wolf Bat took lees of a beating than MoH who had beat out the Vampire Queen.

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/11126.shtml
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:28 pm

beast guy wrote:

Fair points but doesn't the second one point out part of the reason why they didn't sell so well?

edit

Although it looks like Wolf Bat took lees of a beating than MoH who had beat out the Vampire Queen.

Raven vs. Ministry of Hunters, I remember that was a tough choice for me - I wanted both of them to win.
I ended up going with Raven because I didn't have any avian heroes. The Ministry, as attractive as they were, seemed quite similar to Garo, which meant with a small amount of customizing, I could make my own version of the Ministry.
Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:38 pm

beast guy wrote:

edit

Yup. That's right. The real final two (voteswise) were Wolfbat and Raven. MOH only got to the finals because it was a single elimination tournament and they were in a different bracket.

Vampire Queen was fourth most popular at best. Which would make her less popular than the Queen and her retinue were when they were made the first time.

Let's be honest here, one of the big reasons the Queen got made was because she was a smaller figure and the 4H wanted to save some money on her and build up some capital to make Scarabus a more expensive figure. That backfired.

Now that Kickstarter has demonstrated that it can raise the capital, there is no reason to settle for a less popular, smaller, less expensive figure just so that we can raise money to make a bigger, more popular figure.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Sir Real » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:55 pm

In the MTV Geek interview, the FHM said they might do something completely.different than any of their previously known properties. I'm paraphrasing. I hope they license individual DC and MOTUC characters that Matty won't do and just make them themselves. J/k, of course, but I wonder if that's even feasible. If the subs fail, that is.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Sir Real wrote:In the MTV Geek interview, the FHM said they might do something completely.different than any of their previously known properties. I'm paraphrasing. I hope they license individual DC and MOTUC characters that Matty won't do and just make them themselves. J/k, of course, but I wonder if that's even feasible. If the subs fail, that is.

Heck, I'd love to see them introduce a whole new bunch of designs that would knock our socks off. We'll just have to wait and see...
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:20 pm

All this bad mouthing the Queens, I just have to say that I loved those figures. I thought they were well done. Some of my favorites. I LOVE Isadorra. I hope they do make the Vampire Ladies line. There were some great variants in there like the Red Devil Lady. GOT to get her. Great, now I need to go hunt for pictures. :D
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 pm

I don't think anybody is saying the Queen was a bad figure, she was just not the figure most of us wanted and certainly not as visually interesting as the majority of her competition
Mr Yac
Silver Grunt

Postby Baena » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:39 pm

I totally support the idea of WolfBat... SOON.

But Next?

I wants me some more 7th Kingdom yo!!! :mrgreen:

PS, the Queen and her variants freakin' ROCK!
I could see the vamp ladies being next too... Most of the work is done there, it kind of makes sense. Keep in mind, I'm highly biased on her... Still love that character and all her variants shown thus far.
But I also see them doing her later, and feel they'd do really well if the next Kickstarter was something very FRESH.
And some of the 7thK designs that I'm aware of? Would BLOW YOU AWAY.
Same could be said of Gothitropolis too frankly... Basically... I'm voicing my vote here, on a character that none of us have seen (general fandom-wise). Something that would not only take advantage of the lightning they've struck just now with the Raven Kickstarter, but also get everyone talking and dreaming about these worlds all over again. Because they are soooooo deep.

Doing Symbiotech next? That would rock too... A whole new line, one that is near and dear to their, and some of our, hearts.

Iz, I'm not trashing your Were-Bat idea either... Really I'm like a kid in the 4HM Toystore dreaming of all of it coming out. I want it all!!! "I want the golden egg Dadddyyyyyyyy!!!!" (Chocolate factory anyone?)

Love your various ideas for the Were-Bat. All are very cool and I agree, with the armor done right, could easily be a hybrid between 7thK and Goth.

In the end... I hope that FanEx5 is precisely what some have mentioned. Let Kickstarter be it's vehicle, let the fans vote on it, Property, character, etc. It's the 4HM way it would seem. And it's what we're all about. 8-)
Baena
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:47 pm

I agree Baena let's get Fan Ex 5 up and running so that it can culminate in the next Kickstarter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again because I think it bears repeating, no disrespect to the Queen or the Vamp Ladies. I loved all of them. Unfortunately the same can't be said in terms of what everyone else thought in terms of sales.

I would love to see some shared tooling between 7K and Gothitropolis and right now when it comes to designs that have been revealed, Wolfbat would probably best serve that purpose.

But I'm totally up for something all new as long as Seventh Kingdom and Gothitropolis aren't neglected. Revealing some or all of the Seventh Kingdom bible would go a long way I think.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Gothitropolis & Raven Kickstarter