2017 Outer Space Men Thread

2017 Outer Space Men Thread

Postby Adam16bit » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Seemed like time. This Friday 4/14, The Outer Space Men.com is scheduled to sell a Cosmic Radiation Astro-Nautilus.

Last week, Onell Design sold Cyclops Zardurac and a matching Pheyden Zardurac - the latter had mystery bonus Outer Space Men parts. Earlier this year we also got White Star Cyclops, Cosmic Radiation Gemini, and Cosmic Radiation Orbitron.
--AP
16bit.com
Galactichunter.com
OuterSpaceMenNews.blogspot.com
Adam16bit
Standard Grunt

Re: 2017 Outer Space Men Thread

Postby domu » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the Pheyden Zardurac bonus OSM parts! Do you know what other releases have come with extra OSM bits?

Any idea what the mystery figure (Phanoid) is?
domu
Apprentice

Postby Adam16bit » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:15 pm

domu wrote:Thanks for the heads up on the Pheyden Zardurac bonus OSM parts! Do you know what other releases have come with extra OSM bits?

Any idea what the mystery figure (Phanoid) is?

Nothing official yet, but speculation has been Pheyden Brainoid - which would be consistent with the Adventure People-reference Clawtron and X-Ray Man Pheydens from the previous two waves. Given the price I can't imagine it would be an OSM mold, but it would be super spiffy if it were and it used the Orbitron brain part.
--AP
16bit.com
Galactichunter.com
OuterSpaceMenNews.blogspot.com
Adam16bit
Standard Grunt

Postby nick » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 am

Okay - Pheyden Zardurac came with Gemini's Staff, Gemini's gun, Orbitron's star, Orbitron's gun. All in light blue clear plastic like the Cyclops Zardurac. I've compared the White Star clear parts and White Star parts are more aqua in color. Missed the sale Pheyden Zardurac.

I would guess those parts had to be manufactured along with the Cyclops Zardurac clear parts.

I can confirm the secret drop Phanoid has zero OSM connection

I think there were a lot of complaints about the way "Fugitive from ALGOL" dropped without a mention of "Gemini" in the offer. The mystery aspect made customers who either did or did not want an OSM figure buy the opposite. And it seemed like the quantity was very small. So I think the drop prior to this there was a brief blog mention that the next mystery figure was still a mystery but not an OSM and to expect OSM later. I'm talking about the previous drop, not this one.

The Glyos blog this time mentions after the fact that "Both the Vector Jump and OSM Cyclops runs were boosted up to hopefully meet the demand from folks that were visiting for just those specific figures." which seems like a good thing though clearly was not quite as limited as prior sales
nick

Postby domu » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Mystron Demonula is available now:
https://onell.store/products/osm-mystron-demonula
domu
Apprentice

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men