Custom Luna Eclipse and Crater Crawler vehicle

Custom Luna Eclipse and Crater Crawler vehicle

Postby IronHeadRat » Fri May 22, 2015 2:28 am

Hello, first post. I heard about the initial OSM revival when the first two waves were released and I liked them OK but didn't want to get into another action figure line at the time. Looking at all the series's characters as a whole- what diversity and imagination! I wished I hadn't slept on this line and have been playing catch-up since March. I bought all the in-stock Infinity Edition figures I could from the 4HM store and a few White Star figures of some I really wanted that were out of stock- Terra Firma and Gamma X. I decided to paint my Terra as the character mentioned in her bio as a crewmate, in hopes of picking up an IE Terra later on. Here is Luna Eclipse, the Woman from the Dark Side of the Moon!

My version of the magnet-pack, more of a Looney Tunes type look. I could not get a steady picture of this.

I'm pleased with it as a straight repaint but would like a different head as an alternate. I'm thinking about using a Fedzu one, any other recommendations?

While I waited for my 4HM package to arrive, I amused myself with the first two waves which I picked up on the secondary market. It was a shame these cool little guys didn't have any vehicles of their own so I went to my shed to see if there was anything in my old Star Wars/GI Joe collection I could adapt for them. This is a Star Wars MLC-3, painted in a Kandy green color like Mel's prototype OSM hot wheel cars. I gave it some Guitar Hero stickers and rechristened it The Crater Crawler! Most figures can ride inside.

IronHeadRat

Re: Custom Luna Eclipse and Crater Crawler vehicle

Postby The Gene Lantern » Fri May 22, 2015 10:10 am

AWESOME....I approve of this message :)

GREAT work!!!
The Gene Lantern
Bronze Grunt

Re: Custom Luna Eclipse and Crater Crawler vehicle

Postby IronHeadRat » Sat May 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Thanks, this was a relatively painless process due to the limited palette and the ease of painting a figure that comes apart. I'm working on Gamma-X now but I have a few more customs planned, including an Astrodite and maybe a black-and-red Colossus Rex. Too bad the community has dried up, but I guess there haven't been any releases in a while.
IronHeadRat

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men