Birnkrant Cosmic Creator OSM - Second Edition

Birnkrant Cosmic Creator OSM - Second Edition

Postby jonwes » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:37 pm

So... what's going on with these? Anyone have a clue? I'm a little lost. I went to the OSM site, and it said thanks for being patient and mentioned a free mug... and then said in big letters "THEY HAVE ARRIVED!" so I was confused. Have they arrived? Or was that always there? I might have not seen that when I pre-ordered and it just meant they'd arrived for pre-order? Looking forward to getting them.
jonwes
Silver Grunt

Re: Birnkrant Cosmic Creator OSM - Second Edition

Postby EDcomics » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Good question. I'm not sure what's going on with that series of OSM.

As for general OSM content, I'll be working to get more image galleries up next week. Hopefully I can dig up some other material as well ;)
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby dwaltrip » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Cornboy mentioned to me in an e-mail in the middle of May, that the Birnkrant edition was in mid-production. So that was a month ago....so I would imagine we will start hearing more about them soon. Plus I assume they have to get signed by Mel, which means the figures have to take the time to go through the logistics of getting to Mel and having them signed, and then back to Gary for shipping. So that could take sometime.

In the meantime, I would suggest e-mailing Gary Schaeffer and seeing what he says on there status. I have talked to him via e-mail before and he was always helpful with information.

theouterspacemen@theouterspacemen.com
Last edited by dwaltrip on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby dwaltrip » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Also, for the new (and old) people here, I think the http://www.theouterspacemen.com exclusive Mel Birnkrant Cosmic Creators series Waves 3 & 4 slipped between the cracks because it was announced when the boards where down.

The site shows they only have 36 sets of these left, so lets do our best to get them sold! As an avid OSM collector, the previous Birnkrant edition did not disappoint....and from the looks of the http://www.theouterspacemen.com Birnkrant edition, it will not disappoint either.

These are a must have for any OSM/Mel Birnkrant fan, and they even come signed by the man himself. If you haven't seen them yet, go and check them out.....

http://www.theouterspacemen.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=18&Itemid=26

dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby Spectre2001 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 am

Thanks for all the great info guys!

I ordered them when they first came out and was wondering myself where they were.

Spec
Spectre2001

Postby Tad Ghostal » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 am

When I emailed Gary a few weeks ago (after THEY HAVE ARRIVED showed up on his website) he explained that he got a CASE of the figures - as seen in the photos, and he was expecting the full shipment to be right behind. It sounded like there was a Chinese holiday that held up the full shipment, which is entirely possible. I've had to deal with the same weird shutdowns in dealing with China at work myself.

I do hope these eventually sell out and this Series continues with the "Back Nine" figures.

And I wouldn't mind seeing the 4HM CC Series continue as well - i LOVE those dayglo color schemes.
Tad Ghostal
Bronze Grunt

Postby Baena » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:20 am

This second set is gorgeous!

Is Mel's site the only place to get them? Or will they be up on store horsemen as well?

If they go through with all the characters, I'd be game to do a newly colored version of that print I did for the first series! ;)

I also hope we see more of the FourHorsemen versions too! :mrgreen:
Baena
Bronze Grunt

Postby Bruce_Jensen » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:00 am

They are exclusive to OuterSpaceMen.com (Gary's) website
Bruce_Jensen

Postby EDcomics » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:22 am

Ah, the old "Chinese Holiday" excuse ;)
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby dwaltrip » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:05 am

I talked to Gary, and he was very helpful and gave me an update. Sounds like there has been multiple timing issues on the factory's side, and he is doing his best to get them.

Right now, he is told that he might have them by July 18th. As a way to thank everyone who has stuck with him and this set, he is even throwing in a free OSM mug with all orders. That will be a pretty cool bonus gift for the wait. And seriously, what's a little wait around here. One thing all of us 4H fan's know is how to wait for cool 4H product....seems like there is always a long wait but it is always worth it.

So I guess for those waiting (including myself), just hang in there and it won't be long. For those that haven't bought this set yet, get over to http://www.theouterspacemen.com right away because they are down to the last 35 sets.

http://www.theouterspacemen.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=18&Itemid=26
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby jonwes » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks for the info guys! That clears up the "They've Arrived" thing. I don't mind waiting. I actually resisted the Birnkrant stuff because of the price, but fell in love with the first set after getting them.
jonwes
Silver Grunt

Postby Clambo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Gary's been super cool through all of this. I emailed back and fourth with him several times over the last few months and each time he's been quick to reply and very open about the issues dealing with China. Love the Mel set and can't wait to add these to the collection. SPeaking of Mel, is he on here yet? I miss reading his stories and blurbs of the past.
Please make a DCUC Warlord and/or Sgt. Rock... oh wait, Matty killed the line.
Clambo
Bronze Grunt

Postby dwaltrip » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Clambo wrote: SPeaking of Mel, is he on here yet? I miss reading his stories and blurbs of the past.

I e-mailed Mel late last night to let him know the new site is up and running....so hopefully he comes by for a visit.
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:14 pm

I can wait on Gary's OSM. What's another month or so? Used to waiting with 4H things.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Outer Space Men » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi everyone it is Gary Schaeffer. I do not frequent the boards that much as you all know but I wanted to address everyone and their questions about my new exclusive figures. I greatly appreciate everyone of you for your support and your patience. To those of you who have asked for refunds I was and still am happy to refund your money as the contract I forged with you all regarding timing has been broken. My Twitter campaign, FaceBook assaults and email blasts have been done in an effort to keep you all up to the minute informed about the progress of the figures. You have all been made aware by now the terrible delays in manufacturing and shipping. Now with some kind of Chinese shipping holiday in effect I am told that the figures will be in my hands on July 18th; almost 2 months late. As a gift for everyones patience and support you all should also know that I have decided to give you all for your past and current or new orders a free OSM coffee mug just to say a personal and heartfelt thanks. This brand which I have committed so much money to over the past 13 years is still a strong brand, even with what I believe to be a loss in fanbase members and their support due to timing, manufacturing, shipping and or the loss of the original forum whereby you all had a voice and shared your visions and opinions of the figures.

Now that this venue is up and running again I want you all to know that no matter what, I will make sure along with my wonderful partner Mel that the OSM continue to grow, thrive and blow away any and all other properties. The OSM are a timeless creation that attracts more and more fans each year. The official website is now over 67,000 registered fans on a global basis and is covering every continent, US territory, Island Nation like Tonga and every major city on the world map. I have been focussing on "Big Data" or the science of "predictive Analytics" which is one of the most important breakthroughs in Social Networking ever to illustrate to very serious film production company's the global clamoring for a full length OSM film.

10 years ago there were just about 200 baby boomers living in their moms basement eating the neighbors children who remotely remembered Alpha 7 or Colossus Rex. Today the OSM have exponentially become a major force attracting huge and varied audiences from Bangladesh to Bhutan. From Boston to Buenos Aires and every point inbetween.

Thank you all so much for your support and patience all of these long years in waiting for the newest releases of figures and thank you all so much for your continued interest. I hope to see all of you at NYCC this year. I will be there with another killer setup.

To answer the question of current Cosmic Creator Birnkrant sets. As of this morning there were 35 sets available. 2 sets had to be refunded last night however 2 sets sold between late last night to Australia and Chicago this morning so 35 is still the number. I have reserved 20 sets to take to NYCC and there are still 16 sets that have not been paid for; only reserved. I have sent emails to these people explaining that should my 35 remaining sets sell and an oversubscription occur that I will be bumping in order, those who have not paid for their sets for people who are willing to pay on the spot. It is not personal it is just business.

A special thanks to those 9 buyers who bought 10 or more sets. You are the gold standard that I seek out in the OSM universe. I will be including a set of the new L/E OSM Tee Shirts with your orders besides the coffee mugs as an extra added thankyou.

That is about it for now. Again I cannot thank you all enough for your patience and I promise you all that when you open the box with your new figures you will all say that it was worth the wait. And your coffee will taste out of this world as well.

Enjoy your summer, Gary.
Outer Space Men

Next

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men