I wish my box of awesome would show up.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Re: Birnkrant Cosmic Creator OSM - Second Edition

Postby Adam16bit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Outer Space Men wrote:
Copy of Copy of DSC_0003.JPG

WHOA. Yeah. I'd buy one of those. Are we gonna make this happen? I'd buy a set just of 4 unique Astro-Nautilus repaints. I remember seeing some killer octopus-themed ones... I think one was a bone color with blue rings on it?

Mindless-Focus wrote:I wish my box of awesome would show up.

Yes, oh yes you do.

--AP
16bit.com
Galactichunter.com
OuterSpaceMenNews.blogspot.com
Adam16bit
Standard Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Still in shipping limbo.

Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Outer Space Men » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm starting to get really mad at this Kevin. Of nearly 200 boxes that I sent out only yours has not shown up yet. Do you want me to send you one of mine? Really; I am very bothered by this and I want you to get what you paid for and waited forever. What the hell? I would be ripping that post office apart. Let me know how I can help you. Best, Gary.
Outer Space Men

Postby Mindless-Focus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Outer Space Men wrote:I'm starting to get really mad at this Kevin. Of nearly 200 boxes that I sent out only yours has not shown up yet. Do you want me to send you one of mine? Really; I am very bothered by this and I want you to get what you paid for and waited forever. What the hell? I would be ripping that post office apart. Let me know how I can help you. Best, Gary.

Nah, hold on to it. I have two weeks with priority. Been up there twice now. The ass hats are less than helpful. I talked to a manager the last time. I can try again next week. Seems the whole damn place is incompetent.
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Outer Space Men » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:05 am

OMG check out this video that I just found. This one is over the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuPpnlzESio
Outer Space Men

Postby dwaltrip » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:28 am

Outer Space Men wrote:OMG check out this video that I just found. This one is over the top.

The video 'unboxing' phenomenon has always been a wierd thing to me....but hey, whatever does it for you I suppose.

I was waiting for the girl to cut off her finger with that knife. :shock:

Question, what number set does that guy have? It is the number above Mel's signature for those that don't have the set. (the thing the guy calls the date) It is in the format of xxx/200.

What is the xxx? You can see it best at the 1:13 minute mark.
Last edited by dwaltrip on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 am

Finally!!!! USPS has come through! Finally got someone at ASK-USPS to finally track it down. It's been on a east-west coast wild ride. Crazy thing is it was here Saturday and couple miles away. She said if looked like it went to up to New York and is now in CA. There is a case number out there and that if it gets scanned a flag will go up that it is missent. It is supposed to be fast tracked here. She can't garauntee it but it should be here by Saturday (again).
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Outer Space Men » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:27 am

Mindless-Focus wrote:Finally!!!! USPS has come through! Finally got someone at ASK-USPS to finally track it down. It's been on a east-west coast wild ride. Crazy thing is it was here Saturday and couple miles away. She said if looked like it went to up to New York and is now in CA. There is a case number out there and that if it gets scanned a flag will go up that it is missent. It is supposed to be fast tracked here. She can't garauntee it but it should be here by Saturday (again).

That box better have made it safe and sound.
Outer Space Men

Postby Outer Space Men » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:32 am

dwaltrip wrote:
Outer Space Men wrote:OMG check out this video that I just found. This one is over the top.

Question, what number set does that guy have? Is the is number above Mel's signature for those that don't have the set. (the thing the guy calls the date) It is in the format of xxx/200.

What a riot. I was thinking the same thing "Here honey have a box cutter and help daddy open his OSM"

At the 1:06 mark in the video you can clearly see inside Alpha's blister the number 149/200. The numbering format is exactly that on all of the carded figures. It is not a date. I looked him up to see who he is. He lives in Maine and I see that he tweeted when his box arrived and he said on Twitter that he was very pleased.

Great shot of the figures at the end of the video.
Outer Space Men

Postby dwaltrip » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 am

Outer Space Men wrote:
dwaltrip wrote:

Question, what number set does that guy have? It the is number above Mel's signature for those that don't have the set. (the thing the guy calls the date) It is in the format of xxx/200.

What a riot. I was thinking the same thing "Here honey have a box cutter and help daddy open his OSM"

At the 1:06 mark in the video you can clearly see inside Alpha's blister the number 149/200. The numbering format is exactly that on all of the carded figures. It is not a date. I looked him up to see who he is. He lives in Maine and I see that he tweeted when his box arrived and he said on Twitter that he was very pleased.

I couldn't tell if it was 144 or 149. I have set 144 so I was just curious. :o
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby dwaltrip » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:36 am

Mindless-Focus wrote:Finally!!!! USPS has come through! Finally got someone at ASK-USPS to finally track it down. It's been on a east-west coast wild ride. Crazy thing is it was here Saturday and couple miles away. She said if looked like it went to up to New York and is now in CA. There is a case number out there and that if it gets scanned a flag will go up that it is missent. It is supposed to be fast tracked here. She can't garauntee it but it should be here by Saturday (again).

Good to hear Mindless. I am sure it feels good to get a few answers.
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:46 am

dwaltrip wrote:

Good to hear Mindless. I am sure it feels good to get a few answers.

Yeah. It also just updated. Doesn't show the 3 other locations its been, but it shows CA now. I can now breath a sigh of relief. Now it's gotta come BACK to where it was.

Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Mindless-Focus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:52 am

Gary, if you do a series 4 & 5 Artist Edition, I'd still buy. This hasn't put me off one bit. Just shows why USPS is bleeding money.
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Tad Ghostal » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:21 am

Outer Space Men wrote:
dwaltrip wrote:

Question, what number set does that guy have? Is the is number above Mel's signature for those that don't have the set. (the thing the guy calls the date) It is in the format of xxx/200.

That IS a great shot of them at the end - these guys really do look spectacular with light pouring through them!

Question to everybody - has anyone else gotten a Commander Comet with his helmet halves reversed? Purple in the back/blue in the front? Was the production 50/50 or do I have an anomaly?
Tad Ghostal
Bronze Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men