Another Outer Space Men website

Another Outer Space Men website

Postby Bruce_Jensen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:46 pm

I chanced upon a website that's new to me showcasing the Outer Space Men. There are formatting issues with it, but I enjoyed seeing the photos of the 4HM aliens nest to the originals. Here's someone besides Mel, or Gary who owns the 2nd Series aliens! http://outerspacemen.angelfire.com/four-horseman-comparisions.html

The main site is:
http://outerspacemen.angelfire.com/index.html
Bruce_Jensen

Re: Another Outer Space Men website

Postby Mindless-Focus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:13 pm

If you go to the OT forums, look in their OSM thread, you'll find the site owner. He shown it to us in one of the more recent pages.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Bruce_Jensen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 pm

thanks--- took me a while though to figure out "OT forums". I don't really frequent any toy forums except the 4HM site though, so it's new to me
Bruce_Jensen

Postby dwaltrip » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Bruce_Jensen wrote:thanks--- took me a while though to figure out "OT forums". I don't really frequent any toy forums except the 4HM site though, so it's new to me

Well if you figured it out....please share...because I have no clue either.

(I am sure it will be obvious once you say it)
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 pm

My bad. The October Toy forums. Home to Glyos. We have a 63 page OSM discussion there.
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Mindless-Focus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Here it is. Right under my post. User name is John421.

http://www.octobertoys.com/forum/viewto ... &start=870
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby dwaltrip » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Got it....and yes, it was obvious once you said what it was. I am actually a member there (more a lurker) and check the forum all the time. I just never connected it at "OT" in my head.
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby AWCramer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 am

Really neat seeing the side-by-side pics
NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
DeviantArt Gallery
Week Daze - my webcomic
The Return to Anwat Gar
AWCramer
Standard Grunt

Postby osm5422 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm glad you guys like the site. I was going to post it here in February but there wasn't an active forum at the time. I am fortunate enough to have the 3rd best OSM collection in the world, and it was a lot of fun putting the site together. No other web site categorizes and catalogs every OSM style toy ever made so I knew I had to do it. There is a really nice post by Mel Birnkrant on the guest book (and a pretty cool Gary post as well). I can honestly say that meeting Mel and buying the 2nd series aliens from him at the Atlantic City toy show in 1991 was the highlight of my life to this point, and getting to sit and talk with Mel for 2 hours was the best part. He is as nice and knowledgeable as he is creative.

As for technical issues, large angelfire pics are not compatible with handheld devices so the large pics tend to get horribly stretched. I contacted angelfire about it and they are aware of the issue. This site definitely needs to be viewed on a computer. There are amazing photos of Inferno with his fire lit in several different time exposures. To quote Mel, it looks like real fire!
osm5422

Postby Bruce_Jensen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am

John / osm5422 ~

your part in the OSM story, and helping bring the series two figures out into the public's attention is a great read, and utterly fascinating!

I'm a grateful benefactor of your persistent enthusiasm for the Outer Space Men.

Bruce
Bruce_Jensen

Postby osm5422 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Thanks Bruce! I am truly honored to be a part of OSM story and super glad that I finally got a website up and running this year. I'd been wanting to set up a page for the last 10 years but I am not very good with html so the project seemed intimidating. I can't wait to get the last bunch of FH OSM so I can take a really cool group photo. I also hope that there is a way for there to be a 3rd series of all new aliens.
osm5422

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men