The Outer Space Men - General Discussion Thread

Re: The Outer Space Men - General Discussion Thread

Postby RebelTrooper » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:17 pm

In case anyone might be interested, I posted a wanted list for some Outer Space Men and/or Power Lords here:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=606

I'm really looking to acquire a Metamorpho Holiday Edition(Green transparent) figure. I've got several OSM figures up for trade but I'd also be willing to buy the Metamorpho as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
RebelTrooper
Bronze Grunt

Postby CornboyMayse » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:44 pm

RE: OSM GALACTIC HOLIDAY & GALACTIC HOLIDAY ULTRA FIGURES...

The chromed out accessories came in on Tuesday - few days later than we expected - so we just got all of the sets that're currently available (20 GH and 1 GHU) together and are shipping those out on Monday. Ni is currently working hard on more GHU sets but the holidays unexpectedly set him back a bit. We should be able to get the remainder of those that've been ordered sent out to everyone in a couple weeks. Don't worry - having seen them in person they're WELL worth the wait.

Also, the original plan was to offer both silver and gold accessories, but the factory informed us that making to gold vac-plating would take a little longer than the silver so we opted to do only silver in order to save a little time and try to get these out to you ASAP. Just a little side note... We made extras of the silver vac-plated accessories and will be offering sets of those for sale by themselves on Store Horsemen very soon.
CornboyMayse

Postby domu » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:15 pm

CornboyMayse wrote:We made extras of the silver vac-plated accessories and will be offering sets of those for sale by themselves on Store Horsemen very soon.

That's great news!
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby RebelTrooper » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:09 pm

CornboyMayse wrote:RE: OSM GALACTIC HOLIDAY & GALACTIC HOLIDAY ULTRA FIGURES...

The chromed out accessories came in on Tuesday - few days later than we expected - so we just got all of the sets that're currently available (20 GH and 1 GHU) together and are shipping those out on Monday. Ni is currently working hard on more GHU sets but the holidays unexpectedly set him back a bit. We should be able to get the remainder of those that've been ordered sent out to everyone in a couple weeks. Don't worry - having seen them in person they're WELL worth the wait.

Also, the original plan was to offer both silver and gold accessories, but the factory informed us that making to gold vac-plating would take a little longer than the silver so we opted to do only silver in order to save a little time and try to get these out to you ASAP. Just a little side note... We made extras of the silver vac-plated accessories and will be offering sets of those for sale by themselves on Store Horsemen very soon.

Thanks for the great update!
RebelTrooper
Bronze Grunt

Postby slackrguy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:26 pm

3 more part swaps I did with the White Star figs (& an Alpha Terra) I got from AFX. Getting them painted is waaaaaay down the line, but I'll get there eventually. :)
OSM Coppernica.JPG
OSM Coppernica.JPG (29.57 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
I'm calling her Coppernica. Like the Astro Nautilus face, the Inferno face, imo, is androgynous. The reversed fire looks like a cascading hair of fire. I did switch the calf placement so the legs bent out a little more than they initially did to improve stability.
OSM Delta 1.JPG
OSM Delta 1.JPG (26.16 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
After using the male boots on another figure, I had a set of female boots to use. Alpha's body lends itself to either gender, imo, so it lent itself to Delta 4. Terra's head is smaller and a poor fit with the Alpha helmet, so that is a Commander Comet helmet and it is a bit loose.
OSM Oracle.JPG
OSM Oracle.JPG (39.24 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
This guy is similar to one of Mel's sketches. I used Mystron's chest and Horro's planet to make him more like the other figures from Saturn. Again, Horro's scope isn't gender specific so I felt it worked well on a male body. The tentacles are actually 2 parts and the peg piece popped off of the tentacle piece on mine, an easy fix but be mindful if/when you get a Horrorscope.
slackrguy
Silver Grunt

Postby RebelTrooper » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Those are some pretty interesting parts swaps.

I have a question for slackrguy or anyone else who might know. Does the Horroscope head fit on the Terra Firma or Ohpromatem torso?

The reason I ask is that both Terra Firma and Ohpromatem have collar on their torsos and I was wondering if the tentacles would fit with the collar.

In other words, does the collar get in the way of Horroscope's tentacles?

Thanks.
RebelTrooper
Bronze Grunt

Postby slackrguy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:13 pm

It fits somewhat, but not super great. For the most part, the tentacles clear the collar, but the neck area caves in a bit whereas the bottom of the tentacles is flat.

So, the piece can be pushed down and the tentacles will catch the collar (but are flexible enough to bend). Even though it is not a 100% true fit it may still be doable.

I haven't glued my tentacle pieces back together yet, so they were already separated before I just tried what you were talking about. So I can't say whether or not the pieces will hold on their when pushed down onto the Terra/Ohpro torso, but they might. :)
slackrguy
Silver Grunt

Postby RebelTrooper » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:10 pm

slackrguy wrote:It fits somewhat, but not super great. For the most part, the tentacles clear the collar, but the neck area caves in a bit whereas the bottom of the tentacles is flat.

So, the piece can be pushed down and the tentacles will catch the collar (but are flexible enough to bend). Even though it is not a 100% true fit it may still be doable.

I haven't glued my tentacle pieces back together yet, so they were already separated before I just tried what you were talking about. So I can't say whether or not the pieces will hold on their when pushed down onto the Terra/Ohpro torso, but they might. :)

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it will be a bit tricky.

I have the Holiday Ultra Horroscope on order so I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before I can give it a try.
RebelTrooper
Bronze Grunt

Postby Tad Ghostal » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:37 am

CornboyMayse wrote:RE: OSM GALACTIC HOLIDAY & GALACTIC HOLIDAY ULTRA FIGURES...

Has anyone gotten a shipping notice or change in order status in the last 24 hours?

I have not.
Tad Ghostal
Bronze Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:56 pm

Little early for that, isn't it? Holidays aren't over yet. Some people are still with family.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Tad Ghostal » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Mindless-Focus wrote:Little early for that, isn't it? Holidays aren't over yet. Some people are still with family.

? :?

I'm just responding to the information posted by Cornboy that they were planning on shipping them out yesterday. If they shipped, there would have been shipping notices. If others got notices and I didn't, that would indicate to me that I wasn't one of the first 20 orders.

Any which way, a Happy New Year to the OSM faithful!
Tad Ghostal
Bronze Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:27 pm

I'd be really be surprised if anything shipped before the holiday.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Mindless-Focus wrote:I'd be really be surprised if anything shipped before the holiday.

CornboyMayse wrote:we just got all of the sets that're currently available (20 GH and 1 GHU) together and are shipping those out on Monday.

normally i would agree with you, the holidays usually push shipping back considerably, but Tad is just going off of what was directly said by Cornboy 2 days ago
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby slackrguy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:37 am

This weirdo badeirdo guy has a labratory creation monster vibe to him, imo. The nodules on Electron+'s head remind me of eyes when seen at this angle. Plus I like the CRT vibe of the helmet placement.
Attachments
OSM Pluto gaurd.JPG
OSM Pluto gaurd.JPG (41.51 KiB) Viewed 6309 times
slackrguy
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Terra Firma and Jack Asteroid make a cameo in the second video: http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=1965
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men