2013 Holiday OSM Arrive!

Re: 2013 Holiday OSM Arrive!

Postby Tad Ghostal » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 pm

I'd love to see some photos of those Ultras, Clambo!
Tad Ghostal
Bronze Grunt

Postby RebelTrooper » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Clambo wrote:The rest of mine arrived today. I'm digging them overall. The Ultras are a bit rushed looking, paint wise that is. Not worth the extra $ really, but I wanted to hold them in person and was willing to risk it. Not unhappy with them, but won't be going for any others in this fashion. Personal opinion though, to each his own. I got the GH Ultra Terra and Jack, in case you were wondering. I also got the GH NON-ultra Rex and Gamma-X and they kick ass.

Bring on the Infinity editions.

I checked my order status on Monday, and it showed that my order had shipped and was scheduled for delivery on Monday and it did indeed arrive on Monday.

I agree with you that the Ultras seem rushed looking as far as their paint jobs are concerned. Be careful when turning the joints as the Horroscope that I bought had the paint start to lift off the plastic as I moved the foot so that I could get her to stand up. I should have held the foot and lower leg tightly before trying to move the foot. The paint didn't actually chip off but it is lifted off of the plastic a bit. I too got the Ultra Jack Asteroid and he seems to be in better shape although I may try to sell or trade him as I don't really like the closed eyes look he has. I didn't really notice the closed eyes look until after I placed my order. I was also willing to take the risk, but to me, the Ultras are a miss, but not everything is going to be a home run. I'm still looking forward to the Infinity Editions and the Power Lords line.
RebelTrooper
Bronze Grunt

Postby osm5422 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:19 pm

I received the GH Ultra Colossus Rex last week and I love him! The paint color is drastically different (blue instead of green) but he looks magnificent! Of the 4 Fourhorsemen Colossus Rex that I now have he is the only one that I feel looks better with his armor on. The other Ultras look pretty cool but I have so over spent on toys lately that I need to cut back some and may not be getting any more ultras.

I can't wait for the Infinity Colossus Rex. At some point in the near future i'll be able to photograph every Colossus Rex toy ever made in one big group shot. This is exciting!
osm5422

Postby osm5422 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:24 pm

Oh, here is a photo of Rex, with and without armor.

osm5422

Postby SPACE ACE » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:23 am

Dang! When did the OSM Holiday Ultras sell out? I guess I procrastinated too long since I went to place an order and found that only the regular 2013 holiday versions are still around.
SPACE ACE

Postby Four Horsemen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:09 pm

We pulled them for now to check stock, and Ni is currently making a few more. Once we get that worked out we'll put a few of them back up. The Ultra Colossus Rex figures are completely sold out though.
Four Horsemen
Site Admin

Postby bobazarre » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:18 am

ahhh man, I waited too long also, I was about to purchase and noticed they weren't listed anymore.. Make a couple more Ultra Colossus Rex figures please!
bobazarre

Postby EDcomics » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:34 pm

bobazarre wrote:ahhh man, I waited too long also, I was about to purchase and noticed they weren't listed anymore.. Make a couple more Ultra Colossus Rex figures please!

I remember something about Ni being open to doing requests on these guys... so getting something like Ultra Colossus Rex may not be impossible.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby bobazarre » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Hey EDcomics thanks for the suggestion, I emailed Ni at his website and asked about it so hopefully he replies back that he can or is willing. I have all the OSM releases so far so really hoping I don't miss this GH Ultra set.
bobazarre

Postby EDcomics » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:44 pm

bobazarre wrote:Hey EDcomics thanks for the suggestion, I emailed Ni at his website and asked about it so hopefully he replies back that he can or is willing. I have all the OSM releases so far so really hoping I don't miss this GH Ultra set.

Hey. You know, I may have worded that a bit incorrectly. I thought perhaps you'd be able to order it, made-to-order, from Store Horsemen. Since you've emailed Ni directly, I'm sure he'll give you better information. It is, of course, a licensed property... so I don't think Ni could just sell it directly... but again, better to ask him AND the 4H for accurate info.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby bobazarre » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:22 am

Ok ya I gotcha on that comment, looks like I might be outa luck to get one unless
I buy one from a previous owner of one or one pops up on eBay someday, darn
bobazarre

Postby EDcomics » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:49 am

bobazarre wrote:Ok ya I gotcha on that comment, looks like I might be outa luck to get one unless
I buy one from a previous owner of one or one pops up on eBay someday, darn

Well, don't give up hope just yet. Let me get on this tomorrow and I'll see what info I can dig up. Gotta get some sleep now, though.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby bobazarre » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Great thanks!
bobazarre

Previous

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men