Is This The End?

Re: Is This The End?

Postby Ideal » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 pm

osm5422 wrote:Is the sales on Power Lords actually better to justify there not being a 3rd series?

what makes you think that one has anything to do with the other?
Ideal
Golden Grunt

Postby osm5422 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:31 pm

Ideal wrote:what makes you think that one has anything to do with the other?

I figured if Power Lords are doing better in sales than OSM that Fourhorsemen would put their sculptors and money into producing them. If OSM sales were better it would make more sense to devote more time to them and produce a 3rd series. Of course they can do both lines as well, but then each release will be further spaced out unless they bring in more sculptors. Of course another factor is how much money the license costs. "If" Power Lords are public domain then they would be way less expensive with no needed license to produce them.
osm5422

Postby Ideal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:17 pm

osm5422 wrote:

I figured if Power Lords are doing better in sales than OSM that Fourhorsemen would put their sculptors and money into producing them. If OSM sales were better it would make more sense to devote more time to them and produce a 3rd series. Of course they can do both lines as well, but then each release will be further spaced out unless they bring in more sculptors. Of course another factor is how much money the license costs. "If" Power Lords are public domain then they would be way less expensive with no needed license to produce them.

they've been working on 4 lines simultaneously, not counting their work for Mattel and anything we dont know about. they know how to manage more than one thing at a time. i highly doubt they would randomly drop a line because another is selling better. if that were the case, they would drop all other lines and just do Ravens, cause those things sold like gangbusters
Ideal
Golden Grunt

Postby The Gene Lantern » Thu May 08, 2014 10:21 am

Well in talking to CB, he advised there may be some hope. If course, sales do drop on most lines as time goes on....sigh. I am actually only recently basking in the glory of the OSM so I would love to see this line continue in some way. I would definitely participate if a Kickstarter was done to produce that awesome Astrodite!
The Gene Lantern
Bronze Grunt

Postby jonwes » Thu May 08, 2014 11:53 pm

I'd love more, but to be honest I feel like I have a pretty complete collection in ways, too.
jonwes
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sat May 10, 2014 12:01 am

osm5422 wrote:

Power Lords are not public domain. They are officially licensed figures.
Izdawiz
Smith

Previous

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men