Should the 4H start Power Lords over at 6''?

Feel the Pow-- No, this description thing could get cheesy way too quickly.

Re: Should the 4H start Power Lords over at 6''?

Postby Ghost Whisper » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Roland of Gilead wrote:
I guarantee they feel much worse about this than you do. Not to mention the hundreds of man hours and thousands of their dollars down the drain trying to make this happen to make people like us happy.

Yup. You could tell just by the total lack of effort they put into this pre-order. Minutes after getting the cancellation notice for this line I get an e-mail showing pics of the test shots how they have improved the figures. Says a lot right there.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Re: Should the 4H start Power Lords over at 6''?

Postby OmegaEnigma » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:33 pm

As someone who collects a wide variety of different types of figures, focusing mostly on inhuman characters, I can say the scale was a big detractor form, and here is why. Most of my figures are in the six - seven inch scale, and I love to cross over toy universes. Six inch Star Wars characters can fight with Marvel Legends, movie creatures can duke it out with my video game critters, but if the sale is extremely off, it doesn't work so good. Part swapping is another problem.
Having actually had several of the original Power Lords figures, smaller size really seems like a downgrade, because they were at least six inch toys.

Just for the record, I pre-ordered over $300 on this line dispite my personal issues about the scale and other factors, so it's not like I'm just talking with no intentions of support, but maybe it will help for future reference if I point out what almost made me avoid them all together.
Another thing that I found extremely disappointing about them was the choice to ignore some of the original types of articulation the first figures provided, namely the hand and arm atriculation on alien characters like Gripptogg and Raygoth. The original Raygoth pincers could open and close, and Gripptogg's forearmes were able to move independently of each other to even make a T shape not possible with the new designs, so again, downgraded.

Now combine these factors with the price, the number of variants,, and it's easy to see how this didn't make it through.
OmegaEnigma

Previous

Return to Power Lords