Power Lords in 2016?

Feel the Pow-- No, this description thing could get cheesy way too quickly.

Re: Power Lords in 2016?

Postby Adam16bit » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:19 pm

Mindless-Focus wrote::( :( :(

I can't even anymore.

Soooo who owns these molds and sculpts when the license presumably one day expires?

*casts eyes to the recent Orbitron at Onell Design*
--AP
16bit.com
Galactichunter.com
OuterSpaceMenNews.blogspot.com
Adam16bit
Standard Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:19 am

I know Gary Schaeffer owns the molds for the OSM. He's been talking about 4 new repainted last year. There are 3 more coming. Now, I'm not sure if Gary footed the bill on making Orbiton (fave OSM right now).
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby JafariStew » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:00 am

I'm not sure why I (...or any of us) still come here. :oops:
JafariStew
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ghost Whisper » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:53 pm

JafariStew wrote:I'm not sure why I (...or any of us) still come here. :oops:

Indeed. It was about 9 months ago they made a post that the line is "not dead". Not a peep since. :?
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby Adam16bit » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:15 am

Hope can be a real time-sink.
--AP
16bit.com
Galactichunter.com
OuterSpaceMenNews.blogspot.com
Adam16bit
Standard Grunt

Postby Hockeymask » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:17 am

I'm glad the horsemen replied with a lengthy letter to my last post, and I wanted to wait a long time until I posted again so as to not look like a guy who complains every 3 weeks OR (what I wanted more) to brag about great reveals at SDCC.

At this point, I don't care if the line is "dead" on their end because to me and I'm sure a majority of the crowd - it is dead. I won't wait 9 years to complete a line that consists of less than 20 characters. Also I'm sure myself and others feel this way, but with what has come out since, I'd much rather collect the Birds, Mythic Legions and the Thundercats (even if it goes into limbo) as those lines mesh so well together and with MOTUC and have so many characters and races that overlap. I'd love to have 6inch Power Lords to go with New Adventures because stylistically PL DO NOT mesh with OSM or the other glycos lines.

PL you had a decent reboot run. RIP

I'd be interested in a 6 inch reboot even with the same wait, as those figures would have more play/display value with MOTUC/ML/TC and the wait wouldnt be as bad looking as it is looking at a shelf with Adam and Gripptogg and 60 recolors of each - for the record I love recolors, just not when they consist of the ENTIRE line.
Hockeymask

Postby Ghost Whisper » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Hockeymasl wrote:PL you had a decent reboot run.

Nope, not even close. :x

It's a shame how it was allowed to just...die.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby Hockeymask » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:15 am

Now I understand why others would disagree with my feelings on this, so this is only how I feel personally...but it's been so long, that I feel they should just cut ties and reboot at the 6 inch size. Other then finishing the 3 3/4 or whatever they are, that size really have no purpose, there are no other figures they scale with now and they aren't even glycos compatible which was the main reason they were put at this size in the first place.

Poop happens, move on and restart at the more articulated and detailed 6 inch scale. Which would be open up displaying this with the far more numerous 6 inch 4h lines. I wish they would just poll fans on move on from that. Id even be okay with some slight retooling for articulation and simply upscaling the orignal molds as I think everyone agrees those giant 2-Ups (?) looked awesome.
Hockeymask

Previous

Return to Power Lords