1 Year Since This Statement...

Feel the Pow-- No, this description thing could get cheesy way too quickly.

1 Year Since This Statement...

Postby Ghost Whisper » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:56 am

Four Horsemen wrote:Hi All.

I wanted to jump in here and set some things straight before speculation started to get out of hand. I could write up responses to all of the issues point by point here, but I really feel like it would be more productive to address the bigger picture. The past is the past, and we'd love to go back and make a lot of different decisions along the way, but this business is a learning process no matter how long we've been in it. Certain things like the newsletter just flat out didn't work, but for most of the issues there is always a good reason for why things are done the way they are done.

To address the biggest elephant in the room: The line has not been abandoned, and it hasn't been until we say it has. It's moving at a snail's pace, but we have not forgotten Power Lords, and we certainly haven't ignored it. Although the release schedule has been underwhelming, the amount of work that we are putting in behind the scenes has been tremendous. We've put hundreds of hours into sculpting and developing what we hope is the future of the line. So far we have prototyped Sydot, Raygoth, the Power Soldier Assassin, and Disguyzor. There are other characters that have been started as well. Each one of those has at least 4-5 variants. Those include multiple head sculptures, multiple accessories, and multiple paint masters. There are other things that we have been working on in an attempt to revitalize the line that we can't reveal yet, but again a lot of work has gone into it.

So where does that leave us now: We are currently finalizing the sculpting and fabrication on the above mentioned characters. This has been a tough hill to climb lately. We have been slammed with Mattel work (which actually pays the bills here), and we are in the midst of a colossal move here at the office. (This is also why we've been so quiet since SDCC.) Once the the prototypes have been 100% finalized then they will be shipped to China for pricing. As soon as we get those numbers and have time to analyze them we will put up a large pre-order for what we are calling series 2. That will probably be three of the figures plus variants. The plan is that it will be the most amount of Power Lords product that we've offered at once to date. If that goes well, then we will follow a similar approach to speed up the releases and make up for some lost time.

Power Lords was set up with a plan based on the way that Outer Space Men was handled. With OSM we took a while, but we did accomplish what we set out to do which was getting all of the original characters out to fans. We were even able to get 4 extra characters done, which was an amazing bonus. With PL the same system just flat out didn't work, and it's taken us a while to figure out how exactly we can make it happen. The simple fact is that the numbers just didn't work. We think that given the right set-up the numbers can work. We've taken so much time and put so much thought into retooling things because we want to make sure and get as many characters as possible out there. We want them all!

Now I want to just speak about this line on a personal level. Power Lords is one of my favorite toy lines of all time, and it's possibly had more influence on me creatively than any other. To get this license and work on these figures has been an ultimate dream project in a career filled with dream projects. I understand the frustration with the lack of movement on this line. I apologize for that, and we are all sorry for that here at the studio. Trust me, it's frustrating from our end as well. As a fan I just want more figures. As a toymaker I want to sculpt more figures. So far I've invested thousands of hours, years of development, and a ton of money into line. It's all been worth it because it's Power Lords. I still think that Power Lords was way ahead of it's time, and I think that even though the wait sucks that Power Lords is worth the wait.

-Eric
Four Horsemen

Since then, not only has nothing come out but there has not even been 1 single statement on the line or a single prototype revealed. Since the last Power Lords release (other than the 2 recolors) there has been...

Gothitroplis Birds
Gothitroplis Birds 2.0
Gothitroplis Birds All-Stars
Mythic Legions 1.0
Mythic Legions 1.5
Mythic Legions 1.75
Mythic Legions All-Stars
Mythic Legions 2.0 (well, on the way at least).

So it is safe to say that if they desired to keep the line going there was certainly an opportunity to do so. But not 1 single thing regarding Power Lords has come forth. With all due respect Eric, this line has been abandoned.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Re: 1 Year Since This Statement...

Postby Hockeymask » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:08 am

Heart breakingly, I have to agree.
Hockeymask

Postby Boomdaddy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Or as I see it:
$1600 I dropped (so far) for Eagle Force Returns 4" Kickstarter and not with 4H.
$875 I dropped (so far) for Marauder Valkyries Kickstarter and not with 4H.
$1500 I dropped for Marauder Task Force 4" Kickstarter and about another $1500 and counting on MTF figures since and not with 4H.
$1500 I dropped for Boss Fight Studios HACKS 4" Kickstarter and about another $1200 and counting not with 4H.
A bunch I plan to spend on Hellscreamerz 4" Kickstarter and not with 4H.
A bunch I plan to spend on Zombie Labs 4" Kickstarter and not with 4H.
Two go rounds of the Fun Pub GI Joe subscription 4" line and not with 4H.

4H might as well stay at 6" at this point bc they just can't compete at 4" anymore. Any excitement they had behind the line was squandered unfortunately. They could have kept it moving and probably also had a successful Kickstarter line at 4" for the Mythics Legions (6" and 4" wlcan co-exist -see Hasbro's Marvel lines). They left money on the table I suppose.
Boomdaddy

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:18 pm

They have been crazy busy with Mythic Legions, and yes it has been a long while, but I won't believe Power Lords has been abandoned until Eric Treadaway says it has been abandoned.

Check out my new post on:

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=2955
Izdawiz
Smith

Postby garyl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Izdawiz wrote:They have been crazy busy with Mythic Legions, and yes it has been a long while, but I won't believe Power Lords has been abandoned until Eric Treadaway says it has been abandoned.

As with Nate, another interesting interview. You should do more of these.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm

garyl wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:They have been crazy busy with Mythic Legions, and yes it has been a long while, but I won't believe Power Lords has been abandoned until Eric Treadaway says it has been abandoned.

As with Nate, another interesting interview. You should do more of these.

Thanks!

I'm glad I got to interview the two main west coast guys that work with the Horsemen .

I've already done a lot of Horsemen and East coast folks interviews.

Maybe I'll do some more next Power Con?
Izdawiz
Smith

Postby Bruce_Jensen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:32 pm

I very much hope that we'll see more some day. I'm patient.

I just got another black Ggripptogg off eBay. My favorite of the variants, the first I purchased arm falls out of the socket regularly. Overused i guess!
Bruce_Jensen

Postby Ghost Whisper » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Lol. Whatever.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:12 pm

I think my Power Lords collection is going to quickly be replaced by the Hell Screamerz line. Anyone interested in more PL figures?
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 pm

I just saw the following announcement:

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=3047

I'm not into 4" figures anymore and was hoping they'd also make 6", but I'm happy for all of you guys that have been waiting.
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Mindless-Focus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:05 pm

I'll believe it when I see them. If they want to send me a test shot of one of the new guys, I'll believe it.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Boomdaddy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:20 am

christianpyro wrote:I just saw the following announcement:

http://www.powerlordsreturn.com/?p=3047

I'm not into 4" figures anymore and was hoping they'd also make 6", but I'm happy for all of you guys that have been waiting.

I think we all quit waiting forever ago. They f'ed the actual fans on this line a long long time ago. There is no good will to give or Fs left to give either.
Boomdaddy

Return to Power Lords