Only 4 days left... How close are we?

Feel the Pow-- No, this description thing could get cheesy way too quickly.

Re: Only 4 days left... How close are we?

Postby DennyCrane » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Yeah, if they had extended it I would've held out some hope. But nope, I think it's dead Jim.
Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
http://DCCollect.com • Daily Specials • #24Tuesday • Org member discount • More!
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:49 pm

Sallah wrote:Products gone from Store Horsemen... Preorder ended right on time.

Now just waiting for the bad news. :(

Sallah

As disappointed as I will be, I still love this line. As soon as my funds return in filling whatever holes are in my collection and troop building. I will also hunt down vintage vehicles to use as well.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby DennyCrane » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Got my last order in before the gates shut. Went even heavier than I expected (or probably should have) but as has been said, this might be the last stand for our chances at more PL at any scale, much less 1:18. I'm sure I got us the extra leverage we needed :lol:
http://DCCollect.com • Daily Specials • #24Tuesday • Org member discount • More!
DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:12 pm

DennyCrane wrote:Got my last order in before the gates shut. Went even heavier than I expected (or probably should have) but as has been said, this might be the last stand for our chances at more PL at any scale, much less 1:18. I'm sure I got us the extra leverage we needed :lol:

I can't wait to thank you for saving the line.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby Sallah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Just got my order cancellation notice. :(

James
Check out my review channel- https://www.youtube.com/1989batmanreviews
Sallah
Standard Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Me too.

I am just so disappointed. I hope there's some kind of hopeful message from the Horsemen today. I could use it. Nothing is going right today.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Son, I am disappoint.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Roland of Gilead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:10 pm

Well we tried, and we want to thank everyone who pre-ordered, supported, and helped to spread the word for the Power Lords pre-order, but unfortunately, we just weren't able to reach the milestone we needed to reach in order to be able to move forward with production. We were able to get about 2/3 of the way to where we needed to be, but even with support from outside resources, that still wasn't quite enough to do the trick.

So, as much as we hate to say it, the Power Lords pre-orders through Store Horsemen are all being cancelled right now, the authorizations for the credit cards that were used are being cancelled, and those of you who placed pre-orders should be getting some sort of notice about that very soon.

We're sincerely sorry that we couldn't make this happen. Power Lords has been a passion of ours since childhood, but the numbers just aren't there at the moment. We were able to gain some data from this experiment that will help us in some of our future sales and pre-orders, so it's not completely a wash on our end. Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who tried hard to make this happen, but it just wasn't a possibility this time around.

For now at least, Adam Power and the rest of the Power Lords are going to leave our solar system and go off on some top secret missions beyond the stars. Wish them luck!

-FOUR HORSEMEN-

What did I say about a hopeful message? POWER LORDS is dead. But at least the Horsemen got some useful data from our pain, so no big loss. :x
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Also, it will be a few days to a week before my prepaid card give me my money back, so thanks for that too.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby DennyCrane » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Sorry gang. But if we're being honest, it's the 4H and media's fault. #frakkednews -- 2/3 of the way without much fanfare at all. That's pretty freakin' good, and could have easily made it had the line been given the first class treatment I mentioned earlier. I'm just as disappointed as you guys are, but I'm not taking the heat on this. And I won't be giving much support to any plans of a revamped line in 6-inch because that would prove the haters right.

DennyCrane
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ghost Whisper » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:39 pm

It was doomed before it even started.

I am not sure why they wouldn't have even attempted a kickstarter for this. At least that would have given some extra exposure. And would have forced them to give us updates and we would have had real time status on how it was doing.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Ghost Whisper wrote:It was doomed before it even started.

I am not sure why they wouldn't have even attempted a kickstarter for this. At least that would have given some extra exposure. And would have forced them to give us updates and we would have had real time status on how it was doing.

Kickstarter charges 5% of all sales, plus 3-5% for Payment processing fees. Perhaps the 4H thought this was going to be close and didn't think the extra exposure from KS would makeup for their fees.

Speculation of course...
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby Sallah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm

DennyCrane wrote:Sorry gang. But if we're being honest, it's the 4H and media's fault. #frakkednews -- 2/3 of the way without much fanfare at all. That's pretty freakin' good, and could have easily made it had the line been given the first class treatment I mentioned earlier. I'm just as disappointed as you guys are, but I'm not taking the heat on this. And I won't be giving much support to any plans of a revamped line in 6-inch because that would prove the haters right.

I tend to agree. It is pretty amazing it even hit 2/3 with the lack of exposure it got at most toy news outlets (outside of the initial announcement).

Had sites kept posting about it and sharing it like they do the Matty subs, I think it would have funded. :(

James
Check out my review channel- https://www.youtube.com/1989batmanreviews
Sallah
Standard Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:52 pm

I don't think you have to worry about supporting or not supporting a 6" version of the line. This preorder was the last ditch effort to make Four Horsemen Power Lords. We didn't win through, we lost, and now it's all over.

I blame the Horsemen's efforts (or lack thereof) for most of this failure. The rest I put on all those smug posters on facebook hoping to kill this line and replace it with a 6" scale instead. Congratulations, you killed it. It's not coming back. I hope your all happy.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby Miker601 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Even though they wanted to avoid the KS fees, they could have been more transparent about the ultimate goal and progress along the way like KS does. It's easier to rally to the cause if backers can see exactly how much is needed and how far away from the goal you are. All we know is they reached 2/3 of the goal. What does that mean?
They could have done a morning update on the website each day showing progress.
Miker601

PreviousNext

Return to Power Lords