Advent of Decay vs Power Lords budget

Feel the Pow-- No, this description thing could get cheesy way too quickly.

Advent of Decay vs Power Lords budget

Postby Miker601 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:06 am

Hello,
Don't know if this has already been answered:
I am interested in the “Power Lords” Pre-Order. My concerns comes down to one of budgeting. I believe they are going to re-open sales of Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay figures one last time. Is there an updated estimate of when that sale will occur? (Late Summer/Early Fall was the last estimate we were told and that is now). I don’t want to overcommit my budget into Power Lords and be caught unable to spend to my full desire on Mythic Legion: Advent of Decay.
Thanks for your consideration.
Mike
Miker601

Re: Advent of Decay vs Power Lords budget

Postby Ghost Whisper » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:48 am

Since you never know when the ML figures will go back up this would be my choice. If these do slip by and go into production, they will be a harder find than ML figures. Plus, they need every dollar to actually get made. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby Miker601 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:58 pm

But I'm not just speculating that there "might" be a ML: Advent of Decay Pre-Order window.

From Kickstarter update on 5/17/17 Re: Four Horseman Schedule:

"LATE SUMMER/EARLY FALL 2017 - FINAL PRE-ORDERS FOR MYTHIC LEGIONS: ADVENT OF DECAY! - We're going to be able to squeeze in one final pre-order for the items that were offered during the Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay Kickstarter campaign before we'll have to have all of the final production numbers in to the factory. It'll probably be a very short pre-order of only a week or two, so we're giving you an early heads-up about it now, and this pre-order won't delay the production process of the Mythic Legions: Advent of Decay at all. Tooling patterns for this wave are already at the factory in China and they're going through the tool making process as we write this announcement. More details on this pre-order to come as we get closer."

Seeing as how we are in "Late Summer/Early Fall" I think its a fair questions to ask if this limited Pre-Order Window is going to be opened soon or if it is a month or more off. I want to commit to a Power Lords order but I don't want to miss ML figures that I couldn't afford during the KS order period. I can't afford to drop $350 on Power Lords and then also order all the ML figures I desire if that Pre-Order window opens soon. But, with a better sense of timing on the ML pre-order period I can budget for both.

I've emailed this question to 4hmd@optonline.net, Sent a message to Four Horseman via Kickstarter and posted the question here. If they are unable or unwilling to give an update as to the ML: Advent of Decay pre-order period that is certainly their prerogative. But, seeing as how it is an issue for me, I thought it might be an issue for others and wanted to bring it to their attention. Does anyone know of a better way to contact Four Horseman with the question?
Miker601

Postby garyl » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:23 pm

I don't think you'll get an answer until they're ready for everyone to know. The Coliseum wave was a total surprise to me; the next event should be voting on and then pre-ordering the All-Star wave, followed by an Ogre wave. I would guess it will follow the All-Stars but it's no more than a guess. It's just adding quantity to the production runs and shouldn't affect anything else. So, spend as much as you can on Power Lords. Don't fret, just spend spend spend.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Havoc » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:58 am

I'm as far from an insider as there could possibly be but this is my take on how the 4H operate. With small in-house pre-orders they order some small amount of extra figures to go on sale in the store. The kickstarter extras are way, way larger in numbers. I didn't participate in the first kickstarter, but when they went on sale in their store, I had no problem getting every figure I wanted and could afford (except for one or two that they miss counted and didn't have enough to fill the kickstarter orders). And during that sale they gave the original backers a 24 hour head start in the store. It's always a gamble with these figures. I would always order what I can afford during the pre-orders because that is a sure thing - getting extra in-store figures from the kickstarter may have slightly better odds than getting figures from an in-house pre-order.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Ghost Whisper » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:13 pm

What I trying to say was that the ML pre-order is uncertain as to when it will actually go up. Typically they get delayed at least once. I would think probley closer to Christmas.
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby Miker601 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Well, not ever receiving an answer to this issue, I placed a small order to try to help the line out. Not sure it will make a bit of difference in the final analysis but at least it is something to support the line and those fans who really want this to happen.
1x Adam Power, 1x Assassin, 1x Sh'Vix, 1x Dr. Waybar, and 1 x Sydot.
Miker601

Return to Power Lords