Power Lords - General Discussion Thread

Feel the Pow-- No, this description thing could get cheesy way too quickly.

Re: Power Lords - General Discussion Thread

Postby Ghost Whisper » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:30 pm

JafariStew wrote:I found it interesting that according to this recent interview on He-Man.Org, that the number #2 working title for the original Masters Of The Universe line was "Lords Of Power!" Coincidence? Or did this unused name somehow make it's way to Revell.... :?: :evil:
http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=1068

Geez JafariStew, you got me all excited. I saw a new post and thought there was some new Power Lords news. :?
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby JafariStew » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Ghost Whisper wrote:
JafariStew wrote:I found it interesting that according to this recent interview on He-Man.Org, that the number #2 working title for the original Masters Of The Universe line was "Lords Of Power!" Coincidence? Or did this unused name somehow make it's way to Revell.... :?: :evil:
http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=1068

Geez JafariStew, you got me all excited. I saw a new post and thought there was some new Power Lords news. :?

Now your just being silly, there's never any new Power Lords news. :twisted: (I kid I kid... ;) )
JafariStew
Bronze Grunt

Postby RebelTrooper » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:47 pm

I have a lot of 4 Power Lords figures for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread if anyone is interested: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1164&p=21727#p21727

Thanks.
RebelTrooper
Bronze Grunt

Postby RebelTrooper » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:06 pm

RebelTrooper wrote:I have a lot of 4 Power Lords figures for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread if anyone is interested: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1164&p=21727#p21727

Thanks.

These figures are now SOLD.

Thanks.
RebelTrooper
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ghost Whisper » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:00 am

Well, it's been many months with no news on the PL front. Anyone have inside info as to whether they will show anything at SDCC? Or is the line pretty much toast?
Ghost Whisper
Silver Grunt

Postby The Gene Lantern » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Ghost Whisper wrote:Well, it's been many months with no news on the PL front. Anyone have inside info as to whether they will show anything at SDCC? Or is the line pretty much toast?

Good question; no word at all on the Kickstarter that was supposed to take place this summer.....
The Gene Lantern
Bronze Grunt

Postby jonwes » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Kinda wondered if, between the new releases of Ravens and Mythic Legions there's not much bandwidth for poor Power Lords.
jonwes
Silver Grunt

Postby The Gene Lantern » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:16 am

jonwes wrote:Kinda wondered if, between the new releases of Ravens and Mythic Legions there's not much bandwidth for poor Power Lords.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well, Jon. I guess time will tell. It's been well over a year since a regular release and the Ravens and ML are doing gangbusters.
The Gene Lantern
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:47 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:
jonwes wrote:Kinda wondered if, between the new releases of Ravens and Mythic Legions there's not much bandwidth for poor Power Lords.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well, Jon. I guess time will tell. It's been well over a year since a regular release and the Ravens and ML are doing gangbusters.

I wouldn't lose hope just yet...
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby The Gene Lantern » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:06 pm

EDcomics wrote:
The Gene Lantern wrote:

I wouldn't lose hope just yet...

I JUST saw Michael Crawford's SDCC coverage of the Four Housemen booth!

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2015/sdcc201 ... rsemen.htm

Armored Adam Power, Armored Soldier and Armored Alien Soldier, *3* superb Raygoth variants!

Wow....OK, NOW I am excited! :mrgreen:
The Gene Lantern
Bronze Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:17 pm

While I am excited and want these, I feel it's a little bit too late. How long has it been since a release? How long until these will be IF they will be. They're going the kickstarter out with these, aren't they?
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby EDcomics » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Mindless-Focus wrote:While I am excited and want these, I feel it's a little bit too late. How long has it been since a release? How long until these will be IF they will be. They're going the kickstarter out with these, aren't they?

It has been a while, but the green trooper and clear green Lord Power weren't that long ago.

We know the Glyos connection has been dropped. To what extent that will affect the current prototypes... I'm not 100% sure. I do think they'll go the Kickstarter route this time around, but we'll have to wait and see what the final approach is. I'm mostly excited about the new Power Soldier body, as it's something really very new. For me, it really broadens the scope of Power Lords. I think that while there IS a fanbase for the original toy line and property, there's a chance here to open it up to a new audience. That's always a tricky thing, but the teched out suit upgrade feels very modern and fun to me, and I hope people like it enough to help Power Lords take off.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Thinktank » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:51 pm

I am glad to see some news. Out of the original 10 designs, we a now 5 molds deep. The enhanced power soldier mold puts the line one ahead. I hope they get this rolling again in time for the holidays. :mrgreen:
To ponder folly, serves only to compound it.
Thinktank
Standard Grunt

Postby JafariStew » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Look I love the 4H, & as excited as I am to see new figures, (that Power Suit Adam is REALLY awesome), I can't help but think...variant Adam, & variant Soldiers...this soon...really?
These are the characters I already have on my shelf.
It doesn't (right now) feel like the Power Lords line I signed up for. :o
I've been looking at that Sydot for over a year now...
I can't see newbies going nuts for this on a kickstarter...hope there's more different "classic" characters to be shown. :oops:
Last edited by JafariStew on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JafariStew
Bronze Grunt

Postby Thinktank » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:58 am

The power suit adam is the Assasin armor figure with his Adam's head and colors. The hip joints are what tipped me off.
To ponder folly, serves only to compound it.
Thinktank
Standard Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Power Lords