Power Lords Release Checklist (Updated 3/8/14)

Feel the Pow-- No, this description thing could get cheesy way too quickly.

Re: Power Lords Release Checklist (Updated 3/8/14)

Postby Tekwych » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Roland of Gilead wrote:Looks like I missed quite a few. Is there anyplace I can purchase the holes in my collection?

eBay if your very lucky and very rich
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Golden Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm usually neither. I almost never see Power Lords on eBay. Looks like a missed a few Power Soldier variants while I was busy with other collections.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby Sallah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Will this be updated once we have confirmation of the new line moving forward?

As of now... I own one of everything on the list! Woo hoo!

Sallah
Check out my review channel- https://www.youtube.com/1989batmanreviews
Sallah
Standard Grunt

Postby domu » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Sallah wrote:Will this be updated once we have confirmation of the new line moving forward?

As of now... I own one of everything on the list! Woo hoo!

Sallah

I think you're the only one that has one of everything on the list :)

I'm close, but I'm missing the obvious one and the Lord Power Test Shot. And maybe one other test shot; I've got to dig everything out since new ones are finally arriving.
domu
Apprentice

Postby Jayd » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:01 pm

The list on the first post is actually missing the Dark Nebula soldier and Neutron Blast Power Lord.

I've started the work adding the new 17 but haven't completed it yet.

http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=Power%20Lords
Jayd
Standard Grunt

Postby Sallah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 am

domu wrote:I think you're the only one that has one of everything on the list :)

I'm close, but I'm missing the obvious one and the Lord Power Test Shot. And maybe one other test shot; I've got to dig everything out since new ones are finally arriving.

I would really love to have a full vintage set to go with them... I have all the regular figures, Trigore, the Power Ship, and a Volcan Rock- But I don't think I can bring myself to spending real money on the Beast Machines. They just look so awful to me.

Sallah
Sallah
Standard Grunt

Postby domu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Sallah wrote:I would really love to have a full vintage set to go with them... I have all the regular figures, Trigore, the Power Ship, and a Volcan Rock- But I don't think I can bring myself to spending real money on the Beast Machines. They just look so awful to me.

Sallah

Post some pics, if you can, please (particularly, Volcan Rock)! I don't have any of the vintage toys.
domu
Apprentice

Postby domu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Jayd wrote:The list on the first post is actually missing the Dark Nebula soldier and Neutron Blast Power Lord.

I've started the work adding the new 17 but haven't completed it yet.

http://www.118archive.com/archive.php?searchLine=Power%20Lords

Love your archive!
domu
Apprentice

Postby domu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:02 am

Starting digging through my Power Lords box, and it looks like I only have two of the test shots figures :(
But, overall, I have way more than I remember :)

Anyone looking to sell some of the test shots?

Found this old thread from when I got my first one:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=329&start=75
From that thread (please forgive the poor cell phone pics):
ImageAdam Power Test Shot
Imagefile-4
Imagefile-3
Imagefile-2
Imagefile-1
Imagefile-6
ImagePower Lords Test Shots
domu
Apprentice

Postby Roland of Gilead » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Ok, I need some understanding of this line from the Power Lords experts. I vaguely remember these as a kid, but I never owned any. I picked up most all the figures that have been released so far (I think I missed the power elite and power soldier "slate" versions).

I'm looking up their history and looking at the original toy line and it doesn't really match up to what the Four Horsemen have offered much at all. There are a few, but where did the power soldiers come from? The various aliens? Were they from future waves that never happened in the '80s? Where are the two major characters Arkus and Shaya from the original line?

I'm not complaining, I think all the designs are neat. I'm just trying to understand the melding of the original line with the modern one (if that exists).
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Roland of Gilead wrote:Ok, I need some understanding of this line from the Power Lords experts. I vaguely remember these as a kid, but I never owned any. I picked up most all the figures that have been released so far (I think I missed the power elite and power soldier "slate" versions).

I'm looking up their history and looking at the original toy line and it doesn't really match up to what the Four Horsemen have offered much at all. There are a few, but where did the power soldiers come from? The various aliens? Were they from future waves that never happened in the '80s? Where are the two major characters Arkus and Shaya from the original line?

I'm not complaining, I think all the designs are neat. I'm just trying to understand the melding of the original line with the modern one (if that exists).

The original designs are by Wayne Barlowe, but Eric Treadaway designed the all-new Power Soldiers and the other variants.
Izdawiz
Smith

Postby Sallah » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Roland of Gilead wrote:Ok, I need some understanding of this line from the Power Lords experts. I vaguely remember these as a kid, but I never owned any. I picked up most all the figures that have been released so far (I think I missed the power elite and power soldier "slate" versions).

The original line only consisted of these-

Adam Power/ Lord Power
Sydot
Shaya
Arkus
GGripptogg
Raygoth
Bakatak
Disguyzor
Drrench
Tork

In addition to those, we got a 4 vehicles (2 of which are very rare), the Volcan Rock playset, and 4 "Beast Machines" (half giant torso, half tank characters NOT designed by Wayne Barlowe). Barlowe designed more characters for inclusion in the line, but these never saw the light of day.

The 4H are focusing on a couple of the original characters at a time. For the first batch, they did Adam Power & Ggripptogg. Variations of those 2 were created by the 4H (including the Power Soldiers) both to add to the Power Lords mythos and to help offset tooling dollars by re-using molds. Same thing with the current wave up for preorder. Future waves will feature a mix of the last 5 from the vintage line, original creations from the 4H, and unused concepts from Wayne Barlowe.

-James
Sallah
Standard Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Thank you, that answers my questions very well.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Looking over the checklist, did they ever release any Sydot figures before the current preorder?
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

I don't mean to keep driving these threads all alone, but I am very excited about where this line is finally going.

This morning I was able to dig all my 4H Power Lords out of the garage and tried to match it up to the lists here to see what I am missing. It looks like I need the following:

ggrapptikk trooper (blue)
ggrabbtargg sgt. (fan club orange)
ggrapptikk sgt. (green)
ggrapptikk grunt (green)
ggripptogg TF excl.(grey)
power soldier ophidian squad (blue)
elite power soldier ophidian squad (red)

I believe I have everything else. I spotted a few of these on ebay, but not many. Anyone looking to let theirs go, please let me know.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Power Lords