Should the 4H start Power Lords over at 6''?

Feel the Pow-- No, this description thing could get cheesy way too quickly.

Should the 4H start Power Lords over at 6''?

Postby jonwes » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Question... so, a new KS is coming... do you think that (given the info we were told for the Mythic Legions KS that the 4'' and 6'' were almost the same cost) the 4H should just reboot the line at 6''?

I mean, I know we've all spent a good amount of money on the 4'' figures. And I do like them a lot. But, there's a part of me that wonders if 6'' isn't the way to go, especially if the cost between them won't be that different.
jonwes
Silver Grunt

Re: Should the 4H start Power Lords over at 6''?

Postby The Gene Lantern » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:16 pm

jonwes wrote:Question... so, a new KS is coming... do you think that (given the info we were told for the Mythic Legions KS that the 4'' and 6'' were almost the same cost) the 4H should just reboot the line at 6''?

I mean, I know we've all spent a good amount of money on the 4'' figures. And I do like them a lot. But, there's a part of me that wonders if 6'' isn't the way to go, especially if the cost between them won't be that different.

I would hope not; this far in to the line I would certainly be out. I really love the 4" format for these.

I love 6" figures but it would be a real blow to have to rebuy figures at a bigger scale.
The Gene Lantern
Bronze Grunt

Postby domu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:01 pm

Absolutely not.
Buying Test Shots. Looking for any, but will pay very well for these:
B'alam, Goblin Legion Builder, Gwendolynne Heavensbrand, Jjuno the Crusher, Snagg

domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Mindless-Focus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:35 pm

No. I've invest a lot into Power Lords. That would be a huge insult. They should have just done the kickstarter with the whole line at 4" to begin with.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby JafariStew » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 am

A big no to this from me as well, I already have all the 4" figures released thus far, and wouldn't want to buy any of them over, scale change is what helped kill the modern/classic Thundercats line. :|
JafariStew
Bronze Grunt

Postby The Gene Lantern » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:28 pm

I would love a one time special set of Adam Power, Lord Power, and Gripptogg in 6" scale, but a HUGE no to a line restart.
The Gene Lantern
Bronze Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:42 pm

The rest of the line-up needs to be done in scale with the existing figures. After that, I'm ok with a 6" version of everyone.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Jeff Cope » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:27 am

No. No. No.

No.

Nope.

Nada.

Nyet.

Nein.

No!
Jeff Cope
Standard Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:58 am

No.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby jonwes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:52 pm

I sense that you guys, perhaps, do not want it to start over? :)
jonwes
Silver Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:36 pm

I have not bought any of the Power Lords figures so far. I think they look kind of neat, but I'm just not a fan of little figures. Making them at 6" would definitely get my interest. However, I totally respect that many fans have invested heavily in the line already and would feel insulted if it changed. So while I, personally, would only be interested in the line at a larger scale, I think they would alienate a bit of their established fanbase, so the trade-off might not be worth it.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Tekwych » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:25 pm

4 inch
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Golden Grunt

Postby Jayd » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:38 am

I don't think I would like to see the line "reset" as 6" but I don't see a problem with them offering 6" versions of the characters already made at 4". If there is a market for then then by all means they should explore that option.

I don't think that by expanding the line to have some 6" figures would be a terrible thing or that it would invalidate all the 4" figures I already have.
Jayd
Standard Grunt

Postby mholst87 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:55 am

Power Lords isn't a super articulated, highly detailed line. The cost difference between 4" and 6" is likely substantial for Power Lords, unlike Mythic Legions.

I have a feeling that there aren't very many people who would buy 6" power lords that haven't already bought the 4" ones. It's a different situation than Mythic Legions was in. I don't think it makes any sense to do 6" figures, their time would be better spent on other things.
mholst87
Golden Grunt

Postby djaimox » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:35 pm

no. keep it at 4 inches. but it could be cool if some of the aliens were of various sizes . i like the fact that the gripptogg figure is bigger than the 4 inch sized human. i dd like to see more of this. an intimidating 6 inch arkuss could be cool for this line (worried about the articulation at the elbows and knees on this one. might be easier to design if final product is 5- 6 inches in height...)
a 5-6 inch disguyzor could be cool too.plus the 4 inch scale is perfect for playsets and vehicles. i purchased a vintage trigore and power ship to fit with these new figures and size wise i find it looks great. would definitely like to see a " vintage sized" trigore ,power ship and power transporter for this line.

i was not fond of power lords when i was young. but i really really REALLY like your sculptural and paint work on this line. i just hope i have all the money when the PL kickstarter campain kicks off. because i want to buy at least one of each :)!
djaimox

Next

Return to Power Lords