Anyone getting the Fwoosh's Articulated Icons?

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Anyone getting the Fwoosh's Articulated Icons?

Postby yellowmartian » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:05 pm

I was wondering if anyone here donated to the Fwoosh's Articulated Icons Kickstarter. I just found out about these figures. They look awesome and I have plans to make a white deluxe ninja into Storm Shadow and turn Solitaire the modern Ninja into Snake Eyes. Anyway, they have Samurai figures too, which look amazing too. I am curious to see how well those figures fit in with Mythic Legions figures. Another side note, does anyone know if Mythic Legions 2.0 will include any wizards or elves or true goblins?
yellowmartian

Re: Anyone getting the Fwoosh's Articulated Icons?

Postby zombie13 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:03 pm

I pledged. These will be smaller compared to Mythic Legions. There are pictures of the ninjas next to marvel legends and they were just a hair smaller. Personally, I don't think they will scale well with them.

As for Mythic Legions 2.0, we really don't know for sure. Elves have been said would be a stretch goal characters.
Autocorrect is my nemesis. Glitter is my mortal enemy.
zombie13
Silver Apprentice

Postby deceptifocus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:23 pm

Well I would think ninjas would be smaller than barbarians and knights anyway. I haven't ordered any of them but they would make for great foot soldiers, hand ninjas, GI Joe characters, and that silver samurai.
deceptifocus
Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:29 pm

I probably bought more than I should have. But yes, I bought the majority of them as group fighters for figures like Marvel Legends. And I'm making The Silver Samurai with mine. :D

I didn't buy near as many as most others did. But looking back, I should have only got a few so as to save more money for Mythic Legions. :P

I'm in love with the line.
zombie13
Silver Apprentice

Postby Neptunebastard » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:09 am

I bought them all. And then a few more.
Neptunebastard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:01 pm

I bought a small handful as they do look like good figures, and I don't think they'll be too much smaller then the Legions characters.

I plan to use two black Ninja and the Black samurai with the antlers as members of Gorgo's legion. I like the idea that Gorgo is assembling warriors of all kind to fill his ranks, and having a few ninja will be perfect spies for him.

I also got the Blue ninja and Not-Snake Eyes...because they looked cool.

Doubt I'd get any more of this wave of figures though, there are a few more characters I would love to create via part swapping but they're just too pricey and I already bought far more then I should've.
Ziero01
Golden Grunt

Postby Circean6 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:49 pm

I kicked in enough for so I can have some goons for fight scenes & the NOT-Silver Samurai.
Circean6

Postby squeezeplay » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:05 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... a-action-f

I'm opening my backerkit to add more ninjas. If anyone wants to ride my backerkit to get figures at the pledge prices, let me know. You'd have to pay me for them now and then actual shipping from me to you once they arrive here. I have hundreds of positive references from 15 or so years of online trading.
squeezeplay

Postby fetty-wampa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:11 am

squeezeplay wrote:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1764488827/articulated-icons-the-feudal-series-ninja-action-f

I'm opening my backerkit to add more ninjas. If anyone wants to ride my backerkit to get figures at the pledge prices, let me know. You'd have to pay me for them now and then actual shipping from me to you once they arrive here. I have hundreds of positive references from 15 or so years of online trading.

I've already opened my backerkit once to add more ninjas, and think I want to open it again to add even more. Were you able to do so this late in the game? I was worried it might be closed for good.
fetty-wampa

Postby squeezeplay » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:54 pm

fetty-wampa wrote:I've already opened my backerkit once to add more ninjas, and think I want to open it again to add even more. Were you able to do so this late in the game? I was worried it might be closed for good.

If you email support@backerkit.com and ask them to reopen it so you can add more they will let you do it, provided you tell them the AI creators will allow it. Pabs at The Fwoosh (the founder) told me personally on Facebook that it was cool.

They just announced another factory problem/delay so we have a few more weeks to add stuff.
squeezeplay

Postby zombie13 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:51 pm

The latest delay kind of stings a little. Not going to lie. I'm a patient man. I can wait, but I probably won't be venturing out on Kickstarter other than the Four Horsemen stuff now. I've done all their stuff so far and branched out with AI and the Raptor figures but I think I'm done unless it's something truly spectacular or from other properties that have a few campaigns under their belts. No offense to the fwoosh crew, I know it's their baby, but I foresee many more delays or issues with the AI figures.
Autocorrect is my nemesis. Glitter is my mortal enemy.
zombie13
Silver Apprentice

Postby crazybirdman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:18 am

Yeah, whenever I see the thread title I just think "I dont know, am I!?"
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 pm

zombie13 wrote: No offense to the fwoosh crew, I know it's their baby, but I foresee many more delays or issues with the AI figures.

Yeah, these delays are a bit much. I am tired of reading updates where they talk about how they are committed to shipping the best possible quality figures and will not compromise on quality. I mean, that is great and I appreciate that commitment, but delay after delay to fix these issues has sucked any enthusiasm I had for this line. Commitment to quality is awesome, but at some point you need to deliver the product. After all these delays, to find out about yet another one that they did not catch before really makes me question the professionalism of the AI team. I get that this is their first try at this and that they all have full time gigs, but for me this has moved past simple delays into just being flat out unprofessional.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Golden Grunt

Postby SalemCrow » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 pm

I understand the feelings on the delay, but we're now 2 years out from the first 4H Mythic Legions KS and have people gotten the art book yet? No? I can live with a month or so delay to get better figures, rather than get my items in the mail and have them fall apart when I take them out of the package.

The 4H also had the issue with the FanEX Pachyderms, and I KNOW some people here were around for those, so I am definitely more understanding of the Fwoosh.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:04 am

I'm just bummed the didn't discover the problem the last time they had the figures in hand or the time before that...
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Next

Return to General Discussion