Backing Things at KickStarter

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: Backing Things at KickStarter

Postby mjturny23 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:49 pm

Dime Novel Legends western action figures have now met their funding goal! Onto the unlocks!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... escription
mjturny23

Postby mjturny23 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:19 pm

The Dime Novel Legends Kickstarter has just changed up its structure to make the all in a great deal for backers, even if there aren't too many items unlocked, including the sharpshooter! Here's the update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... ts/1724135
mjturny23

Postby mjturny23 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Only 52 hours left for Dime Novel Legends! The first gear set is unlocked at $10 for gun belt and two six shooters!
mjturny23

Postby mjturny23 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:00 am

IMPORTANT UPDATE

A lot of people (including me) missed that the 'Gimme two steps' option includes x3 of all the figures included in all-in! CFT have also added a second set of the 1st buckaroo, accessory set and gear set, and the head pack!

Here's a link to the pic of everything included- it's a great deal and really brings the price per figure down

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... ts/1735429

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... highlights

These are so customisable without even having to paint (swap heads, collars, waist, waistcoat, hats)
mjturny23

Postby domu » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Mayhem Mekanics' Unrustable Bastards Kickstarter has been funded. Only a few days left.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/882339483/mayhem-mekanics-presents-the-unrustable-batards

domu
Apprentice

Postby domu » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:42 pm

domu
Apprentice

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 pm

A Larry Hama action figure

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/freshmonkeyfiction/larry-hama-action-figure/description

While I typically don't collect the 3 3/4" scale, it's pretty cool that Larry Hama, who laid so much of the groundwork for the GI Joe Real American Hero fiction, is getting an action figure in a style matching the current generations of Joes.

Though I will say, their advertising is a bit suspicious. They make the claim that "One thing that Larry, one of our creative heroes, has never been-- Is an action figure." Larry Hama actually has been an action figure before. The physical appearance of Tunnel Rat was explicitly modeled on Hama.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby JamesLynch » Fri May 12, 2017 12:39 am

Just found out about this and there's only 12 hours left, but Bill Mantlo and Butch Guice's "Swords of the Swashbucklers" series from the 80's is being put back into print via Dynamite through a kickstarter campaign. Proceeds go to help with Bill's continuing medical care. Bill worked for Marvel for many years, creating characters like Cloak & Dagger and Rocket Raccoon. He was struck by a car in 1992 and has required round-the-clock care since.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dynamiteent/bill-mantlo-and-butch-guices-swords-of-the-swashbu?ref=hero_thanks
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby domu » Mon May 15, 2017 11:42 am

Animal Warriors of the Kingdom is back for a second try at funding.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... m-series-1
I backed the first attempt, and like the improvements they've made, so count me in again.
domu
Apprentice

Postby JamesLynch » Mon May 15, 2017 4:39 pm

The only thing that would have me interested in backing that would be to increase the scale.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby christianpyro » Tue May 16, 2017 1:40 pm

JamesLynch wrote:The only thing that would have me interested in backing that would be to increase the scale.

Same here. I like the idea, but I just don't like 3 3/4 " figures anymore. Which is odd, as that's all I used to collect.
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby JamesLynch » Wed May 17, 2017 12:52 am

christianpyro wrote:
JamesLynch wrote:The only thing that would have me interested in backing that would be to increase the scale.

Same here. I like the idea, but I just don't like 3 3/4 " figures anymore. Which is odd, as that's all I used to collect.

That's most of what I collected. In the 80's.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Chicken George » Fri May 19, 2017 3:42 am

JamesLynch wrote:
christianpyro wrote:

That's most of what I collected. In the 80's.

I looked at these because they say in one of their online advertisements that they are compatible/comparable to Mythic Legions, and had they been 6+ inch scale I would have been all over them. They would have been wonderful to add to the Legions.

I suspect that 4 inch scale is beloved by a lot of collectors from the 80's. So when given an opportunity to create something like this, they have become blind to any other possibilities. Anybody who wants to kickstarter, has to look at the Mythic Legions model, and come to the conclusion collectors are looking for the 6 inch scale. This argument occurred at the start of the Mythic Legions 1.0 campaign as well and may have doomed it had it been in 4 inch. Instead it has become an phenomena. The fact that they are trying for a 2nd shot at funding should let you know that the scale is not supported as much.

Could you imagine Hacks or these in 6 inch scale?
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby domu » Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 am

Chicken George wrote:I suspect that 4 inch scale is beloved by a lot of collectors from the 80's. So when given an opportunity to create something like this, they have become blind to any other possibilities. Anybody who wants to kickstarter, has to look at the Mythic Legions model, and come to the conclusion collectors are looking for the 6 inch scale. This argument occurred at the start of the Mythic Legions 1.0 campaign as well and may have doomed it had it been in 4 inch. Instead it has become an phenomena. The fact that they are trying for a 2nd shot at funding should let you know that the scale is not supported as much.

Could you imagine Hacks or these in 6 inch scale?

This is such a ridiculous comment, especially when you mention a 4 inch Kickstarter that disproves the point you are trying to make.

You don't like 4 inch figures. Others don't like 6 inch figures. Others don't like either. Others like both.

The success of Hacks shows that Mythic Legions would have done just fine as a 4 inch line. You may not have been into it, but someone else would have.

There have been many successful 4 inch Kickstarters. There have been many unsuccessful 6 inch Kickstarters. The opposite of both statements is also true. None of these statements can be extrapolated into a broader statement on the viability of a particular scale.

A Kickstarter will succeed or fail on its own merits. I think Animal Warriors of the Kingdom as they are now but blown up to 6 inches would not be funded. The animated style works fine at 4 inches, but would be derided at 6 inches as too plain. The style would need to be changed to something that would match more closely to Mythic Legions, at which point, it might as well be a completely different toyline.

AWOK is currently 50% funded in just 4 days. It's almost already reached the total of the first attempt. The design tweaks and campaign restructuring seem to be working.

I'm sure glad they didn't make the mistake of going with the guaranteed failure of 6 inch figures like Army Alphas, Lost Protectors, or that archangel figure :roll:
domu
Apprentice

Postby domu » Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am

They're 6 inch figures!
How could this have failed?!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cr ... on-figures

(Yes, that's a Shocker Toy Tick figure body.)
domu
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion