Latest non-4H purchase

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: Latest non-4H purchase

Postby Tekwych » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:23 pm

JamesLynch wrote:Saba
I just have to figure out how/where I'm going to display it.

Your Belt? :D :P
Choose the things to fill your mind or the world will fill it for you.
Tekwych
Golden Grunt

Postby CoffeeCupRobot » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:03 pm

The 3AGO Zombkin pack arrived. Thought milky was going to be my fave but Charkin is very rad!

ImageThreeA 3AGO Charkin by CoffeeCupRobot.com, on Flickr
CoffeeCupRobot

Postby EDcomics » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Nice photo. What kind of camera are you using?

Would never get one of the zombies, but the Zombkin was certainly tempting. 3A stuff is good stuff. I just have thematic issues with them sometimes ;)
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby CoffeeCupRobot » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Cheers Ed!

This pic was taken on a fuji x100s that I always have on me (also use Canon-7d-5d-1d....)

Yeah you either love 3A or can't be bothered. I think they're brilliant. I like the artsy style and the Adventure Kartel line always have this crazy saturday morning cartoon for adults feel to it.
CoffeeCupRobot

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:56 pm

This past week for me has been good. Great actually. Got a NECA Godzilla from All Monsters Attack. He looks fantastic. He was my first NECA Godzilla and he is fantastic. I also was very lucky to have the found Toys R Us exclusive of the Terror Dog meaning awesome monster dog for just $15. And I walked into a fye and found the much coveted (by me) Marvel Legends Moon Knight. On top of finally receiving my MOTU Ultimates last Monday. So far super fantastic. And I have this $14 gift card for Toys​ R Us where I'm planning to go to this weekend to find NECA's Friday the 13th Part 4 Jason which I shall then have for half off with the card.
boogieman4hire
Golden Grunt

Postby phallyka » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:48 pm

arent Four Horsemen related.

ทางบ้าน
phallyka

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:36 am

phallyka wrote:arent Four Horsemen related.

ทางบ้าน

Yeah it doesn't say that. Just not Four Horsemen purchases. You do realize how many lines have or had figures sculpted by them right? Between them gentle giant and Jean St. Jean I barely have my collection.
boogieman4hire
Golden Grunt

Postby OmegaEnigma » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:57 am

Well after over a year of it being out, i finally got all the parts to make the C&C Doomsday figure, and fortunately it was much better thanntha other figures in the set by far. Got the whole thing for less than $40., so I'm happy. Mattel is defonately going down on many levels though, and I read Hasbro made a bid to buy them out, so I think the age of Mattel is almost over, sad to say.

Got the Mohawk Gremlin from NECA not long ago, very well done figure! Picked up the Five Nights at Freddy's nightmare set from FUNCO for a deep discount, pretty nice but not on par with Evolve Goliath or Legacy figures.
Been getting hooked on Marvel Legends a bit again since Hasbro finally started doing a better job, they are turning out some pretty sweet items! Man Thing, Ulik, and Gladiator Hulk have all been my more recent additions, very happy with them all! Also custom swaped some parts to make some things that are totally not in the comics, but I like the way they look better now. Got Warlock with Death's Head, gave Titius Space Venom's body, or I gave Space Venom Titius's head and claw depending on how you look at it.

Been an awsome year for toys to me! :mrgreen:
OmegaEnigma

Postby boogieman4hire » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:57 pm

OmegaEnigma wrote:Well after over a year of it being out, i finally got all the parts to make the C&C Doomsday figure, and fortunately it was much better thanntha other figures in the set by far. Got the whole thing for less than $40., so I'm happy. Mattel is defonately going down on many levels though, and I read Hasbro made a bid to buy them out, so I think the age of Mattel is almost over, sad to say.

Got the Mohawk Gremlin from NECA not long ago, very well done figure! Picked up the Five Nights at Freddy's nightmare set from FUNCO for a deep discount, pretty nice but not on par with Evolve Goliath or Legacy figures.
Been getting hooked on Marvel Legends a bit again since Hasbro finally started doing a better job, they are turning out some pretty sweet items! Man Thing, Ulik, and Gladiator Hulk have all been my more recent additions, very happy with them all! Also custom swaped some parts to make some things that are totally not in the comics, but I like the way they look better now. Got Warlock with Death's Head, gave Titius Space Venom's body, or I gave Space Venom Titius's head and claw depending on how you look at it.

Been an awsome year for toys to me! :mrgreen:

Near completing my Man thing and I'm very happy with the torso with some limbs that I have so far. I underestimated his massiveness.
boogieman4hire
Golden Grunt

Postby loolar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:07 pm

EDcomics wrote:Latest preorder. TK Project KT-003 Takeya Style Jizai Okimono "Dragon" Iron Rust Look Edition... I'm still not sure if I want the horse or not. It looks like these use the Revoltech joint. The novelty of that joint kind of wore off on me a while back, but there must be some reason why Takeya is ok with it. For something like this, it seems to work pretty well. The joints aren't too terribly visible in the photos.

Thread necromancy!

This has me so enchanted. After living in Japan for two years, and being part Japanese, I really wanted something like this. The Dragonball Z Shenron looked excellent, right up until the cartoony head and the sawed off antlers that look like tree branches.

This Jizai Okimono "Dragon" on the other hand... how much did you pay for it originally? What should I expect to pay? I'm looking at a BIN on Ebay for $67.57 with $12 shipping ($80 essentially). There's also a "full color" variant that seems a little cheaper. I've read that posing it is a nightmare, as the body segments tend to "spin" around an axis. I will definitely want this for posing, so I'd love your impressions on that.
loolar
Golden Grunt

Previous

Return to General Discussion