My Target AND Toys r us are closing...

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

My Target AND Toys r us are closing...

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:48 pm

And I am pissed. I have only Wallmart to turn to locally. That and Walgreens. Is this happening to anyone else? Target isn't discounting squat. And Toys r us probably will up to the point they close, but they won't be getting anything new in. So what's there is there.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Re: My Target AND Toys r us are closing...

Postby Ideal » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:02 pm

zombie13 wrote:And I am pissed. I have only Wallmart to turn to locally. That and Walgreens. Is this happening to anyone else? Target isn't discounting squat. And Toys r us probably will up to the point they close, but they won't be getting anything new in. So what's there is there.

Target near me is closing too. It's really surprising to see nothing is discounted. I guess they are packing up the remains and sending to another store?
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:28 pm

That's exactly what they are doing. They have discounted some things, but not everything. Maybe 10% of stuff was discounted and the rest is being boxed up and shipped to other stores. They are boxing stuff up right in front of what few customers are still going in, like me. I've been very vocal at my Target, I even wrote to corporate and they just didn't care. The nearest Target is five towns over and I'm not driving over there every time I want to hunt for things. So I have no choice to turn to their completion.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Havoc » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:43 pm

There are only two TRU in Maine - one in Portland and one in Bangor - and both are closing.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Jim Abell » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:21 pm

I just saw the closing list... About 30 years ago I worked at one of the TRUs in Louisville and, at that time, it was the money-maker store in town. Really sad to see it on the list for closing. Lost another one 3 or 4 years back but that one closing didn't surprise anyone. Not surprised about the local TRU Express closing but the store in Lexington was another surprise. It's a big store, always looked perfect every time I was in there and it was always busy... Need to visit them all before they go away... :(
Whiskey for the men, beer for the horses... What are the centaurs having?...
Jim Abell
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:56 pm

I plan on going to TRU each week just to pick through the gradual price reduction stuff. I'll post any info I find out if I get word on any specials there might be that could be corporate wide.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Chicken George » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:05 pm

zombie13 wrote:And I am pissed. I have only Wallmart to turn to locally. That and Walgreens. Is this happening to anyone else? Target isn't discounting squat. And Toys r us probably will up to the point they close, but they won't be getting anything new in. So what's there is there.

I already have to travel 60 plus miles in any direction to find either of these stores, unfortunately, I think once we see the trend of closing stores, it tends to avalanche across the country, to be honest Target can disappear with no deep regrets on my part.

If TRU online "in stock" was better it would not be so bad, but they tend to be very slow getting online stock, I use this service but not reliable to get what I want.

I feel for you brother, would be nice if we had a community of traders here, that were more interested in trading instead of making money. I have traded here with a few of you for our mutual benefit, some others are too interested in how they can get ahead.

It would be a great way of helping those like yourself who have no or limited access.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:11 am

I hear ya CG. I used to be able to find stuff at Target that I just couldn't find anywhere else. Forget about Walmart, I think people stalk the isles at night or something for when the stock people are putting stuff out. I'm turning more and more to online buying,Mohicans I hate because you're at the mercy of the seller as far as nit picky stuff goes like eyes not painted right on figures or something. I've been burned more than a few times, I tread lightly now even with trades.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Today's news: After a trip inside Toys R Us and talking with someone I trust, I found out that top sellers like Marvel Legends and popular Girls toys will not be discounted. These items will be boxed up and shipped to another location after the store closes for good. So there's no holding out and buying these for liquidated prices. I also found out that they got a truck in and it is chock full for liquidation items. I don't know what those items are and they wouldn't tell me anything more than it was a bunch of "junk." So it would seem that instead of liquidating what is already inside the store, they are going to make the employees stock the shelves with older items for the store closing sales. I've also started noticing there are fewer employees there. I don't see some of the familiar faces that I used to.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:51 pm

The Target is now closed and boarded up. The TRU now have signs out from that say store closing and 30% off store wide (with exceptions). The Boys Action figures are 10% off. :roll: That's State Tax here, so everything is really still full price. :P
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Return to General Discussion