Getting Marvel Legends on the Cheap

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: Getting Marvel Legends on the Cheap

Postby Ideal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:04 am

Ive taken to buying parts on ebay to finish out the BaF. Its something I wouldnt have even considered a few years ago, but I have a hard time pushing myself to even buy figures of characters I want.

Most recently, I really wanted Adam Warlock and Death's Head II from one of the Guardians waves, but I've passed on buying them over a dozen times, even at half the price.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby SD-2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Yeah… I broke down and bought a few that were in my Amazon cart. I’m so weak :!: :oops: Taskmaster and Punk-Rock Spiderman went back up in price, so I passed on those... for now… :P
JamesLynch wrote:I don't know, at this point I'm about ready to give up on Marvel Legends. It's just gotten to the point where they're pumping out too many, too fast, and too few of them are anything I'd actually want... …There's one or two figures I want (or sometimes characters I want, since the rampant parts reuse means sometimes the figures of cool characters turn out kind of lame), one or two I wouldn't mind having, but then a BAF that I want. I have several partially completed BAF's sitting around that I doubt I'll ever finish, and a few that I completed but still felt bad buying several figures I didn't want just to do so (or paying a premium on eBay to get just the BAF piece).

I know what you mean… and I’d rather have more new figs. that have never been made e.g.:
Executioner,
Count Neraria,
Sphinx,
Power Princess,
Quasar,
Attuma,
Shang Chi,
Firelord
Classic Storm, or
Classic Drax
And I've been dying for a BAF Superadaptiod!
JamesLynch wrote:The line feels too watered down, and now with Bandai Tamashii and Revoltech and Figma really covering a lot of the same ground but in much higher quality, I'm starting to feel really disillusioned with Marvel Legends.

I love those lines, and have quite a few them from both lines, and for posing and set ups they’re great… But I could never afford to collect those the way I have Legends and Multiverse. :cry:
Ideal wrote:Ive taken to buying parts on ebay to finish out the BaF. Its something I wouldnt have even considered a few years ago, but I have a hard time pushing myself to even buy figures of characters I want.

Most recently, I really wanted Adam Warlock and Death's Head II from one of the Guardians waves, but I've passed on buying them over a dozen times, even at half the price.

I definitely have a harder time pulling the trigger these days… But I do love having these 3D representatives of my childhood Icons. I keep saying once they put out that above I’ll stop! :x We’ll see! :D
SD-2
Standard Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:51 am

Stores in my area are closing. Toys R Us, Target (already gone), FYE in the mall, even the local comic shop. Each have/had Marvel Legends on discount, some deeper than others. I've probably bought more Legends than I should have recently. I told myself the more I spend on those the less I can spend on Mythic Legions, but sometimes a deal is too good to pass up. Now all I'm left with is Walmart - which is almost impossible to find anything at the TWO in my town, Walgreens - which is spotty at best, and GameStop - which tell me they aren't going to always carry Legends. The Last time I bought from Gamestop was during one of their sales. I caught three legends on clearance PLUS a promo sale combined, I ended up getting four for less than retail price for one. Then there is a store called "Dirt Cheep" and they seem to get all those returned figures that people swap parts out and return to other stores for about half the retail price. Anyway, if your town is anything like mine, I'd check all these places. So many places are closing and liquidating stuff, you never know what you'll find. Get in on it while it lasts, because once stores close like this they ain't coming back. Then what will we all do? Buy off the internet. Boo. :(
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Previous

Return to General Discussion