Backing Things at KickStarter

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: Backing Things at KickStarter

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:20 pm

I almost went in on one of the Athletic type, but the price point was double the cost of a Mythic Legions figure. That's a big NO for me. It's a blank and a Mythic Legion figure is fully painted. I get what they are trying to do, but I can't help support that price point.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby you_will_forget » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Same sort of thing for me - the figures look really nice, but I have no interest in blanks.

If they'd offered a few painted options I might have been tempted.

Jo
Can't paint for toffee
My daughter starts school on the 3rd of September - I'm pretty sure we only had her a month or two ago
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:40 pm

I can paint a customize just about anything. But given that I can do that, I can't buy a single figure aimed at people like me because of it's price. It's a shame too. They really do look great, and I applaud them for making it as far as they did and wish them all the luck in the future. I'm just not that into it at that price point. I would have loved to get the Athletic build to make my ultimate Orc Female, but I'll keep looking for parts elsewhere.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:59 am

Unfortunately I think the people that would get the most use out of these are more likely to source fodder from existing figures, so these won't have the same draw as they would if they were not blanks
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ideal » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 am

I know this isn't the normal kind of thing we do/see around here, but i just backed this on kickstarter. Its enamel pins of various magical creatures but with less than inspirational messages on them.

I find them very amusing and a couple of them are perfect for my kids

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1645878693/mood-rudes-an-enamel-pin-collection-of-mythical-be?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=rude%20moods

Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Previous

Return to General Discussion