Backing Things at KickStarter

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: Backing Things at KickStarter

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:20 pm

I almost went in on one of the Athletic type, but the price point was double the cost of a Mythic Legions figure. That's a big NO for me. It's a blank and a Mythic Legion figure is fully painted. I get what they are trying to do, but I can't help support that price point.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby you_will_forget » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Same sort of thing for me - the figures look really nice, but I have no interest in blanks.

If they'd offered a few painted options I might have been tempted.

Jo
Can't paint for toffee
My daughter starts school on the 3rd of September - I'm pretty sure we only had her a month or two ago
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:40 pm

I can paint a customize just about anything. But given that I can do that, I can't buy a single figure aimed at people like me because of it's price. It's a shame too. They really do look great, and I applaud them for making it as far as they did and wish them all the luck in the future. I'm just not that into it at that price point. I would have loved to get the Athletic build to make my ultimate Orc Female, but I'll keep looking for parts elsewhere.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:59 am

Unfortunately I think the people that would get the most use out of these are more likely to source fodder from existing figures, so these won't have the same draw as they would if they were not blanks
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ideal » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:21 am

I know this isn't the normal kind of thing we do/see around here, but i just backed this on kickstarter. Its enamel pins of various magical creatures but with less than inspirational messages on them.

I find them very amusing and a couple of them are perfect for my kids

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1645878693/mood-rudes-an-enamel-pin-collection-of-mythical-be?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=rude%20moods

Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:20 pm

This looks kind of interesting, though, much like the Fwoosh's Articulated Icons, these things seem to be largely aimed at skirting the edge of legality in terms of making figures that clearly represent Marvel and GI Joe characters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1489380015/army-alphas-1-12-6-inch-scale-action-figure-line
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:07 pm

I was wondering when these would come back. If this was a year ago, I'd be all over this. But I've largely cut out my Marvel collecting once again. There's just too much cool stuff out there and not enough money to buy it. I still may pick up one or two just to have, I love stuff created like this. I just can't army build them like I would have the first time these went live on Kickstarter. That one didn't reach funding, so this one will be interesting to see. I pledged for his last KS with the Skeletons and Male Blanks, but those are still in the phase of correcting factory specifications before production. It's a SLOW burn sort of wait.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:49 am

I've been patiently waiting for these to come back up.
I'm hoping that the stretch goals bring around some of the options they offered last time, they had a desert camo variant that I really wanted but haven't seen yet this time.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:43 pm

Ideal wrote:I've been patiently waiting for these to come back up.
I'm hoping that the stretch goals bring around some of the options they offered last time, they had a desert camo variant that I really wanted but haven't seen yet this time.

That Green Army Man variant would also be tempting. For me, anyways, but I tend to have a fondness for things that are so silly they're cool.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:33 am

JamesLynch wrote:This looks kind of interesting, though, much like the Fwoosh's Articulated Icons, these things seem to be largely aimed at skirting the edge of legality in terms of making figures that clearly represent Marvel and GI Joe characters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1489380015/army-alphas-1-12-6-inch-scale-action-figure-line

This is sitting at 43k of 60k needed to be funded with 10 days left to go

I don't have any social media sources I can advertise this on (I removed my footprint due to personal matters), so I'd appreciate if you guys could help get the word out. I really want to see this go through.

Plus they've hinted in the comments that the desert camo figure I actually want may be one of the stretch goals, even though it doesn't look like any of the stretch goals will be reached.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm

Ideal wrote:This is sitting at 43k of 60k needed to be funded with 10 days left to go

I don't have any social media sources I can advertise this on (I removed my footprint due to personal matters), so I'd appreciate if you guys could help get the word out. I really want to see this go through.

Plus they've hinted in the comments that the desert camo figure I actually want may be one of the stretch goals, even though it doesn't look like any of the stretch goals will be reached.

Well, $44,000 now, so it's getting there. I've shared a few times now, but I suppose it won't hurt to share again.

The nice thing about campaigns like these is that if the campaign is successful, but the stretch goals aren't all unlocked, a serious young toy company will often still make the stretch goals later on, especially if they don't require additional tooling. A new paint deco on the molds that have already been paid for has a pretty good chance of still being made down the line.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 am

That sad part is there are people that will only participate in something like this only once it says it's already funded. Those same people will turn around a complain if/when it doesn't get funded. Just one more reason I don't understand the human race.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:14 am

zombie13 wrote:That sad part is there are people that will only participate in something like this only once it says it's already funded. Those same people will turn around a complain if/when it doesn't get funded. Just one more reason I don't understand the human race.

indeed.
I pledged with the expectation that the figures I want are A) actually a stretch goal, and B) the stretch goal will be met.
a "wait and see" approach rarely works out
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:43 am

It's close to $50000 with 6 days left. I feel like they can do it. I do.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:11 am

There was a comment on the KS about how there really hasn't been much coverage or discussion about these as compared to something like Mythic Legions. I was gonna comment back that there is a discussion going on here about it, but I realized its only a few of us talking about it, and its in a generic KS thread, which kinda proves their point.

Its interesting how some KS's are well known and other, relatively similar ones, are all but ignored. This is my second time backing this particular project, after the first one didn't gain any traction, and it really isn't getting any attention this time around either.

Hopefully it makes at least the minimum goal, even if the desert camo soldiers I wanted from last time never make it back around
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion