The Thundercats Thread

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: The Thundercats Thread

Postby Chicken George » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:09 pm

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0

sorry for all the extra crap, pretty obvious I do not know how to post single pictures, if you thumb left you will see the Grune pictures as well.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ideal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:17 am

unfortunately I wasnt able to get in on the Thundercat figures. I really wanted to, it just wasnt financially feasible at the time.

At this point its kinda too late to get in on that action.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby AWCramer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:09 am

Ideal wrote:unfortunately I wasnt able to get in on the Thundercat figures. I really wanted to, it just wasnt financially feasible at the time.

At this point its kinda too late to get in on that action.

Same here man. :(
NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
DeviantArt Gallery
Week Daze - my webcomic
The Return to Anwat Gar
AWCramer
Standard Grunt

Postby Chicken George » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:54 am

Although this is not a Thundercats figure, she is going to be displayed with my T-cats. I have been wanting this figure (Masters of the Universe Kittrina) to be made for years, in fact I wrote Super 7 as soon as they took over the line and suggested there would be demand for it.

I hope I was right, either way I placed my order with BBTS already, they are 50$ each or roughly 35 each if you order the full wave thru Super 7. Since I did not want the other figures (you have to order the entire wave from them) I paid the difference and reserved two of these thru BBTS.

She was sculpted by the Four Horsemen but is done in the (to me) less desirable Filmation style but still looks pretty good.

https://aa1a5178aef33568e9c4-a77ea51e8d8892c1eb8348eb6b3663f6.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/p/full/c0f8947d-7f5d-42c2-b34b-3f2993410541.jpg
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby you_will_forget » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:54 pm

So, something new coming in December.

Unless that's that backwards date system you guys use and it means Monday.

Does anyone hold out any hope or are we expecting ReActions?

Jo
wanting to be positive, but aware of what Super7 are like
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:24 am

you_will_forget wrote:So, something new coming in December.

Jo

Four Horsemen wrote:It looks like Super 7 is cooking up something interesting for August 12

And I'm expecting this to be something retro that I have no interest in
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:04 pm

Ideal wrote:
you_will_forget wrote:So, something new coming in December.

Jo

Four Horsemen wrote:It looks like Super 7 is cooking up something interesting for August 12

And I'm expecting this to be something retro that I have no interest in

I can't rightly say what I'm expecting. Super7 has definitely taken the MotUC format and applied it to other licenses. Their Toxic Avenger and Voltron figures look like they're from the same family tree as MotUC.

But, yeah, they also do ReActions.

So, who the hell knows.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby you_will_forget » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Well, that's kind of a letdown and puts me in a bit of an awkward position.

https://preorder.super7store.com/

There's no indication of whether there will be anything new in the line other than the new heads and accessories and I kind of don't want to buy all the same figures I already have just to get the new bits. That said, if there is new stuff coming but it is dependant on the sales of these guys, I want to be buying them to make sure I can actually make up the team.

Does anyone who follows them have any further information?

Jo
Who knew he had his hopes set a bit high
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:31 pm

These are the same ones Mattel put out a while back? I missed out on those the first time around.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to buy any of them now, so I guess I'm gonna miss the boat again.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:52 pm

That's a bit disappointing. They look to be the same figures that Mattel got out before Matty Collector shut down, just with some more accessories.

I didn't buy them the first time around, but since 1) there's no indication that there will be a second wave (or more) from Super 7 and 2) they're $45 a piece for figures that probably wouldn't go for more than $20-25 at retail, I'm loathe to jump in whole hog on these.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Chicken George » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:56 am

Several you tube videos are suggesting there are 4 waves of 4 figures each ready to be reviewed maybe at power con this weekend.

While I agree that the 45 dollar price for this wave is expensive, I believe they were right around that price point for the ultimate's from the masters wave when they took over from Mattel. With the exception of show exclusives they are mostly around 35 each for those since.

These are a great way to get hard to find and expensive first released figures Lion-o and Mum-ra are much more on the open market than 45 each. They offer the extra heads and accessories to justify the higher cost. I myself have paid 15 dollars for about a dozen heads from my action figures.com and they were unpainted. So it is a matter of perspective. Another good thing is they normally make you buy the entire wave and you do not have to do that with these.

I too was disappointed to see the first wave had no new figures, but I am holding out hope for new ones revealed and maybe even allowing us to order them right after power con this weekend.

I have to say that I am very excited to see more releases, and life being breathed back into this line, and will gladly pay 35 dollars a figure for them. And 45 each if they pack all the extras into each figure.

And don't forget Eric from horsemen sculpted these, they are as close to Mythic Legions as you can get!
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Previous

Return to General Discussion