The Thundercats Thread

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: The Thundercats Thread

Postby Mindless-Focus » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Nope, but I had to pay extra shipping for one of my subs. They only had $1 postage on the package so I had to pay $6.19 to get it. I've cancelled the card that they sub to. I'm done with Matty.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby EDcomics » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:10 pm

you_will_forget wrote:Has anyone had a shipping notice for Jackalman yet?

The charge went on my card on the 12th of October, but I haven't heard anything since.

Jo
Remembering why he hates Mattel's subscription models

I typed an angry response to this last night and decided not to post it. I really need to not type when I'm over-tired and annoyed.

We should have Jackalman already. Lion-O shipped late, and we actually got a heads-up email from Matty letting us know that would be the case. No such email with Jackalman. Again, Lion-O shipped behind schedule. I got my shipping notification for Lion-O on October 1st. So yes, there's still time for Matty to get me a shipping notification for Jackalman today, which would make it exactly one month later... but remember, Lion-O shipped late. That means Jackalman is officially shipping late as well. I understand the individual figure sale took place on October 17th, but that was two weeks ago. As YWF mentioned above, subscribers got charged for Jackalman on October 12th. That's nearly three weeks ago. Where is my shipping notification? Where is my tracking number? Where is my figure?

I regret signing up for the subscription. I got my Lion-O, which is what I really wanted. I was only buying the other figures to support the line and hopefully get to characters I wanted more. Unfortunately, this is the result. Not only is the line cancelled, but we can't even get the figures we paid for in a timely fashion. What a joke. I'm done with Mattel after this. If this wasn't Thundercats, and if it wasn't Four Horsemen, what reason would there be to buy Mattel product?
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby you_will_forget » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:02 pm

I didn't join in MotUC but I was all-in for the DC sub and it wasn't anywhere near the amount of fun it should have been, all due to Mattel's really poor sub and distribution model.

I had to get my Atrocitus figure from ebay as they cocked up and forgot to send me one, then didn't have any spares to send out in case of error or damage. They thought it would be okay to offer a spare of one of the earlier sub figures instead of a refund, despite being aware that as a sub customer I would already have all the previous figures. They even marked the value of the figures at about double their cost on the customs labels, meaning that I got charged an extra 20% VAT (value added tax), plus £8 handling fee, that I shouldn'thave needed to pay at all as the cost of the figures fell just below the VAT threshold. It took four-five weeks to get my figures to me each month, not including that extra week sat in customs. In comparison, I got an email from 4HM to say my Mythic Legions 1.5 was being processed on the 24th of October and received them today, with no additional charges, despite being a box of four figures instead of one. Oh, and I had a tracking number as well.

Regarding the Thundercats sub, I got an email last month warning me my card for the sub was due to expire at the end of October 2016. It wasn't. Firstly, the card I started the sub with was due to end 30th JUNE 2016, secondly I had updated my saved card details back in May when the new card came and thirdly, they had already charged the new card successfully for Lion-O. Who cost me £12 in VAT and handling charges as they had marked his value too high on the customs label.

That and the whole bait and switch with starting the sub then immediately withdrawing it without most of the main team, and having central team members as exclusives, really makes me glad my focus is mostly on the Horsemen's own properties now. I get angry, then look at my 7th Kingdom, Gothitropolis and Mythic Legions shelves and breathe out.

I just hope the people taking over MotUC will manage to do Thundercats as well. I can't help thinking when they start up the entire toy collecting community online will be holding their breath to see how they do it.

Jo
Who really does have to get to bed now
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:14 am

I just got the shipping notification for Jackalman.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Chicken George » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:38 am

Deleted by Chicken George
Last edited by Chicken George on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby you_will_forget » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:52 am

I got mine too, along with notice the next figure will be charged soon.

Let's see what happens,

Jo
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby EDcomics » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:46 am

you_will_forget wrote:I got mine too, along with notice the next figure will be charged soon.

Let's see what happens,

Jo

Yes, less than an hour after the shipping notice arrived, I got the renewal notice. Sheesh.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby mjturny23 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:00 pm

I understand everyone's issues with the service, but Jackalman looks fantastic in Pixel Dan's review - can't wait to get him. REALLY hope we get Grune!
mjturny23

Postby you_will_forget » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:23 pm

To be honest, Jackalman is one of the figures I'm most looking forward to - I always loved the bad guys in the original show.

And yes, I really hope Super 7 can get this line going, there were so many great designs. I've kind of ignored them before due to their focus on the retro-styled figures which don't appeal to me, so I hope that the legal magician at Mattel who managed to negotiate the rights can either pass on some tips or work their magic again and count S7 as a sub-contractor or something similar.

Wishful thinking maybe, but we'll see how it goes.

Jo
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby Chicken George » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:47 am

Last edited by Chicken George on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Chicken George wrote: I just hope they do not start with re-release of the current figures, and dive right into Jaga and Grune, the remainder of the original 2016 announced line up. With Cheetara close on their heals.

I hope they do. I dropped MOTUC years ago because I got tired of dealing with Matty's nonsense. As much as I would have liked 4H Thundercats toys, I wasn't prepared to go through Matty Collector to get them. If S7 does manage to continue the line, I'd like a reasonable chance to get all of them.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby EDcomics » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

Got Jackalman. Not bad. I like all the new parts. The neck fur doesn't sit on the chest as tightly as we made it fit on the prototype, so that's a bit frustrating. Tempted to glue it into place. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it. Oh, except for the extra "open" hands. Not sure what happened there. I'd like to cast up a copy of the original hand sculpt to see what changes took place during production.

I also just got charged for Pumyra. They're really raping us on the shipping cost:

Last month: SubTotal: $25.00
Shipping & Handling: $15.59
Tax: $2.84
Total: $43.43

This month: SubTotal: $25.00
Shipping & Handling: $16.99
Tax: $2.94
Total: $44.93

I suppose the increase in shipping & handling is due to the inclusion of Mumm-Ra, but that's still a ridiculous price for shipping. I should have brought the Jackalman package down to the post office and UPS center to get price quotes on shipping. Not happy. $17 plus $3 sales tax makes it an extra $20 on top of the $25 price per figures. UNACCEPTABLE. I'm so done with Mattel. Even seeing the production version of the Mutant Leader at Walmart... I didn't sculpt that, but the guy who did (I think) a nice job. In an effort to save on the cost of steel tooling, Mattel nixed the nipples and used a standard He-Man upper torso (correct me if I'm mistaken), they nixed the new forearms and instead only produced the wrist spikes as a wrist extension, leaving you with an ugly double-seem. They also rounded off all the spikes, especially the ones on his head, which are most important, I'd think. The best part of the figure is the feet, which have some nice sculpted detail, but because of the "hide the legs" packaging mentality, you can't even get a good look at them without buying the figure and opening the package. Weak. How will they mess up Mumm-Ra? So much work went into that prototype. I want it to be good.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Chicken George » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:59 pm

Last edited by Chicken George on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby Chicken George » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:50 am

Last edited by Chicken George on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby you_will_forget » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Yeah - three monthly charges and one figure received so far. Gotta love Matty.

Jo
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion