Anyone getting the Fwoosh's Articulated Icons?

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: Anyone getting the Fwoosh's Articulated Icons?

Postby SalemCrow » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:30 pm

The last 2 times they had samples, they weren't final production versions. I'm glad they had decided to ship a case of each item to test before everything was complete, or we ALL could have had necks and hands breaking all over the place.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Got mine and did this with the quickness!
Thanks to Sir Real for the idea based off his avatar during the AI campaign.
Took three different figures to put this one together. (facepalms - hard)

Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:18 pm

I've been hearing horror stories about the quality control on these. The Fwoosh say they've got extra stock to sell, but I'm having to be very judicious with my toy-related funds lately. These things are a little pricey, and if there's a high risk they'll break right out of the box, I have other things to throw my hard earned dollars at.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:13 pm

There have been some breakage, and that's something that can happen to any toy, these or Mythic Legions or mass market stuff. I'm sure that everyone that's had a problem has said so, but not everyone that was totally happy with what they got has posted as much as the people that have had problems with their figures. I myself had a Deluxe White Ninja broken, a missing figure and one with two right arms. But they corrected everything very quickly and it was very easy. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm happy with what I got. Sure, there are some QC issues, but that's to be expected with something like this being their first stab at making action figures. It's a lot better than most out there that I've seen.

Some of the customs I wanted to do I realize now, having them in hand, I'm just not going to do. The Silver Samurai is a no go because he's smaller than I expected in hand. I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to keep him or not. But others are coming along just as expected. And there are solutions to the hip problems, but I'm in agreement with others that there shouldn't be a hip problem. Or any of the other problems that there are because of the two year wait it took to get these in hand. But, as I said before, it's their first try. And they ain't too bad at all. At the end of the day, I'm glad I got what I did.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby SalemCrow » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:58 pm

I have 12 figures, and only had 2 random issues.

Now, people who ordered 200 figures will have more issues, but based on sheer volume, that would be the case with anything.

The biggest issue is the hair that was supposed to be swappable among the samurai and martial artists not being so, because the factory apparently screwed that up.

For a FIRST TIME line created by people who have never RUN a line from the ground up (even if they've worked for some companies), is quite impressive.

This line isn't as bad as the 4H Pachyderm fiasco, and I know you were around for that James.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby Dayraven » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:17 am

yeah, i'm with salem, the line, due to the nature of the characters, drew a lot of attention from action figure newbs. i'm part of a facebook group with my son, and the two of us were overtly laughing (we're german, cut us some slack) at the stupid stories of new action figure collectors roughing up their figures and getting breakages. that's mostly what it was, anyone with experience in collector figures who knew how to manage a stuck joint has zero issues. we opened 5, had zero issues, though i supervised the opening of our figures just to play things safe, but we didn't end up needing to do anything, just be careful loosening the joints. and with our cats in the house, we've both had repeatedly knock overs, no breakages. they're not as sturdy as mythic legions, very true, but we've had worse success with joint shearing on marvel legend purchases in the last year. i wouldn't hold QC against them.

that said, my issue with them is the fiddly factor. most import collectors have extensive experience with that, fiddle with the figure, something falls off, but i actually quit buying imports over that, and suddenly, i'm back in fiddly territory. tip the scabbards just a hair too far, dump out the swords, bump a leg, knock off a hand, change a head, the feet move on the ankles. it's not a deal breaker, but it is super annoying and kiboshed my plan to acquire more when they did the sale. i just don't cotton to fiddly figures. if i want more ninjas, i'll look elsewhere, especially with that cjesim dude selling some top notch looking ninja soft goods that will basically convert any base body you like.
Dayraven
Bronze Grunt

Postby phallyka » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 pm

I don't think they will scale well with them.

ทางบ้าน
phallyka

Previous

Return to General Discussion