DC Multiverse Ares Collect N Connect

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

DC Multiverse Ares Collect N Connect

Postby JamesLynch » Tue May 23, 2017 12:44 am

Does anyone have this figure? I just got all the piece today and I'm having a hell of a time getting the arms to attach. For a while I was getting frustrated, thinking I was doing something wrong, but now I'm wondering if the torso piece I have isn't defective.

The figure comes in 5 pieces spread out among 4 figures (Steve Trevor gets the head and upper torso). The head connects via balljoint, while the other connectible pieces are all similarly sized/shaped peg and sockets. The sockets look something like this:

The sockets are on the bottom of the upper torso and each of the mid-thighs, but not at the shoulders. At least, not on mine. Instead, there's an empty cavern and, deep inside the shoulder socket, there's a long horizontal slot:

That doesn't seem right to me. I would think there should be a socket similar to the other 3 in that shoulder cavern. At first I thought the shoulder peg was supposed to plug into the horizontal slot, but no matter how much force I apply to the arm piece, I cannot get it to connect inside there. I can't find any images of the side of the un-assembled torso online. I've tried watching videos, both reviews and footage of the assembly, but I see no clear angles of the shoulder joint being assembled. Some reviewers make mention that the shoulders were a little tough, but that's all. The torso piece is even packaged in such a way that you can't clearly see either shoulder socket when it's inside the box.

So, does anybody have this CnC figure, and, if so, do the shoulder sockets look like the ones on mine? Should there be a peg socket that mine lacks? Am I just doing something wrong?

Hilariously, the arm piece connects to the other sockets with no problems whatsoever:

JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Re: DC Multiverse Ares Collect N Connect

Postby JamesLynch » Tue May 23, 2017 4:05 pm

So, yeah, it turns out the part I got was defective. This is how the shoulder socket should look:

Weirdly, as I was trying to find some info about this online, I found a post from someone at the Action Figure Insider forum with the same issue, so it would seem this was not an isolated incident. I can't say how widespread it is, but if you're getting these pieces, keep an eye out:

JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Re: DC Multiverse Ares Collect N Connect

Postby OmegaEnigma » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:17 pm

There's a ring piece that is missing from the assembly at the factory. They've had this issue with a few other C&C items over the years, but frankly Mattel's quality control has gone to pots since they started the Multiverse line. I was recently able to pick up some of the 52 Doomsday figures to get the C&C parts for less than $10.00 a pop, even got Doomsday Superman for less than $6., but wow, I had no idea just how cheap and badly made this line was! To think they actually charged over $20.00 for that Robin figure when it first came out!?! It blows the mind!

I mean I listened some of the reviews, they were pretty criticized, but seriously, these are a massive downgrade from the old DC Universe stuff! Not just in articulation, but sculpting, paint apps, and of course quality control. Clayface or no Clayface, I get the rest of my Doomsday parts, I'm not wasting another dime on the Multiverse junk.
My recomendation for this problem, try to find a replacement for the torso on EBay, because without that washer like ring, you have nothing to pop the part into. That's what I'd do.
OmegaEnigma

Return to General Discussion