Time for a NEW LINE?

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Time for a NEW LINE?

Postby Gatchagrey » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm

I am not a fan of ML...but I am a fan of 4H...
I would love for them to do another 6 inch LINE outside of ML again....
and when I say new line I also me the return of some other lines...
so what are your thoughts ...keep the continuing ML...return to 7th kingdom/ symbiotech/ etc.. or start a brand new concept (and what would you like to see 4H tackle)
"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Re: Time for a NEW LINE?

Postby Darren » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:46 pm

I believe that the Horsemen had originally wanted the Mythic Legions line to be more than just Knight's and fantasy. I have often heard people say Galactic Legions. What are you looking for?
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Gatchagrey » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:47 pm

galactic legions could be cool...just depends on what direction they would take it... I would prefer something more along the lines of a tech knight rather than a tech marine...sort off thing

as for what I like to see...its hard for me to say..but I know it when i see it..i guess you can call it Asian fantasy...but not necessarily samurais and ninjas (though that be cool too) something mixes sci-fi and fantasy...
while I can see the appeal of mystic legions the "classic" fantasy just isn't striking a chord in me...I just find the armor designs bland...

not sure if that helps
"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 pm

I really like the new armored Power Lords figures. I guess that is one direction that they could go with Galactic Legions. I personally would prefer a Steam Punk line. The Horsemen could bridge the gap between the current Mythic Legions and Galactic Legions with Steam Punk.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Spongyblue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Steam Legions to Atomic Legions to low tech space exploration Cosmic Legions to galaxy wide Galactic Legions? I'm down.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Spongyblue wrote:Steam Legions to Atomic Legions to low tech space exploration Cosmic Legions to galaxy wide Galactic Legions? I'm down.

Steam Legions sounds really cool. The Horsemen should trade mark that.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:24 pm

I do recall the 4H saying the Mythic Legions line would be more than just fantasy figures, that they would be "myths" or all time periods and cultures. I think one of the examples thrown out was cowboys and myths of the Old West. I can't remember if the 4H brought up the idea of Eastern mythology (samurai, ninja, oni, etc.) or if that was just something fans were hoping for.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:55 pm

JamesLynch wrote:I do recall the 4H saying the Mythic Legions line would be more than just fantasy figures, that they would be "myths" or all time periods and cultures. I think one of the examples thrown out was cowboys and myths of the Old West. I can't remember if the 4H brought up the idea of Eastern mythology (samurai, ninja, oni, etc.) or if that was just something fans were hoping for.

I would want Red Riding Hood done with Azza Spiritbender's body. I just think that would be cool. Especially if they created an armored werewolf warrior later. But I don't think beyond that I'd want any more famous fairytale type of characters beyond that because fairytale retellings can get pretty awful quickly. Though I will consider the more fantasyesque stories like St George and the dragon. Actually it would be pretty funny if they released a bog goblin with a scepter and crown as homage to the princess and the frog.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Drakull » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Historical character would be awesome, with faithful details and I think very hot sales : Gladiator, Roman legion, knight by century and by realm, Greek -Egyptian- Persian soldier from antiquity, and so many, infinite possibilities and no licence
Drakull
Bronze Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Abraham Lincoln.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:09 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Abraham Lincoln.

The 4H lines are always heavy on reuse, though, and Abe has a fairly unique look to him. Unless the 4H wanted to make a Conan O'Brien figure, I can't think of too many other people who'd match that (and Conan would require likeness clearance, anyway).
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:04 am

I just meant shirtless muscular barbarian Lincoln with his top hat. And because movies so accurately potray history he is the ultimate adversary of Illytheas brood. You know since he's a vampire Hunter.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Gatchagrey » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:22 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:I just meant shirtless muscular barbarian Lincoln with his top hat. And because movies so accurately potray history he is the ultimate adversary of Illytheas brood. You know since he's a vampire Hunter.

see its discussion like these.... is why we got minotaur the duck
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Spongyblue » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Gatchagrey wrote:
boogieman4hire wrote:I just meant shirtless muscular barbarian Lincoln with his top hat. And because movies so accurately potray history he is the ultimate adversary of Illytheas brood. You know since he's a vampire Hunter.

He also fought Gengis Khan with Captain Kirk on another planet.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 pm

Gatchagrey wrote:

That's why we need more discussions like this.

Spongyblue wrote:
He also fought Gengis Khan with Captain Kirk on another planet.

And that's why he's our greatest president.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Next

Return to General Discussion