THE MISSING MEL: THE BIRNKRANT MYSTERY...

THE MISSING MEL: THE BIRNKRANT MYSTERY...

Postby Four Horsemen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Hey, all! We just wanted to let you know that Mel Birnkrant - the original creator of the Outer Space Men - is well aware of our new website and forums, and he's vowed that he will be returning and creating his own little corner of our universe in which to interact with everyone again and bestow on us all his decades of toy creating wisdom, but right now he's in the middle of a massive project that consuming nearly all of his time and energy and it's something he's really passionate about and really needs to focus on. It shouldn't be too long before he wraps that new project up, and then we're certain he'll be here to tell everyone about it and join in on all the fun again. Until then, please keep a seat warm for Uncle Mel. :)

-FOUR HORSEMEN-
Four Horsemen
Site Admin

Re: THE MISSING MEL: THE BIRNKRANT MYSTERY...

Postby Dorkey » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Not only am I looking forward to Mel's return, but now I'm getting excited about this "massive project" he's working on.
Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Gatchagrey » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Dorkey wrote:Not only am I looking forward to Mel's return, but now I'm getting excited about this "massive project" he's working on.

what he said...
"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, its tactile, real!, They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations, A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some."
Gatchagrey
Silver Grunt

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:59 pm

I say he gets his own section this time around, "Mel's Musings" perhaps, or "the BirnkRANT"
Mr Yac
Bronze Grunt

Postby dwaltrip » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Great update 4H. I think we were starting to get a little worried about where he was. Glad to hear all is well.

I agree, I think Mel should have a more set place on these boards that is easy to find for everyone. His presence and his posts here were always a highlight for many of us.
dwaltrip
Silver Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:59 pm

I gotta say, in the absence of the old forums, I really missed reading Mel's posts. They were pure poetry. I loved reading his insights on the OSM. Heck, I just ed loved reading his musings both here or on his site. Whether it was about robin's egg blue or the double douche (shower for two), I really enjoyed it. I remember being so enthralled by his musings on his site that I spent three hours just going from page to page. I read about Christmases and cats. The randomest topics, but it was written with such passion and was just eloquently so. I highly, highly recommend finding them and going through them. I think I'm not alone in saying this, but we love having Uncle Mel here. We all share the same passion. Can't wait to have him back and hearing about this new project.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Mindless-Focus » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Oh, and I'm not trying to brown nose it. Personally, I think losing this community and Mel was the biggest lose when the forums went down.
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby jonwes » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the update.
Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. [url="http://www.eonquest.com"]EonQuest.com[/url]
fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
www.twitter.com/eon_quest
jonwes
Silver Grunt

Postby beast guy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:23 pm

I never responded to Mel's posts but they were always a pleasure to read. I am anxiously awaiting his return.
beast guy
Bronze Grunt

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:06 pm

Four Horsemen wrote:-FOUR HORSEMEN-

can I also add that as much as I enjoy Mel's participation can we hope that you guys will be a bit more active this time around then you were on the FanEx boards, as amazing as Mel is we are on a Four Horsemen message board for a reason :P
Mr Yac
Bronze Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 pm

With them short a sculptor now, I can imagine they are behind the 8ball. I would GLADLY give a few days of my time to help them for free if I was given a peak at all things Power Lords.
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby Jeff Cope » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Count me amongst those who is very much looking forward to Mel's return to the boards. His comments and insights were definitely missed while the boards were down.

I'm also excited and curious to find out what he's been working on.
Jeff Cope
Standard Grunt

Postby Clambo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:02 pm

I hope this project Mel is working on is a revamp of Animax w/ FHM sculpts!!! Please, please, please... :D
Please make a DCUC Warlord and/or Sgt. Rock... oh wait, Matty killed the line.
Clambo
Bronze Grunt

Postby Four Horsemen » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:06 am

Mindless-Focus: We're not short a sculptor. We've had a couple of freelancing scuptors that have been doing work for us here and there for years, and they are both now more integrated into the daily cycle of projects that come through our door. To be truthful, because of those two, our production and efficiency seems to have increased immensely. Please unofficially say hello to the two newest members of the Four Horsemen stable - Bill Mancuso & Djordje Djokovic! :)
Four Horsemen
Site Admin

Postby Baena » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi Bill!

Hi Djordje!

:mrgreen:

These two are amazing! Seriously, if you guys don't know who they are or what they've done, chances are VERY good you have their figures on your shelves already. Probably some of your favorite figures even.

And both are amazing human beings to boot. :)
Baena
Standard Grunt

Next

Return to OSM - The Outer Space Men