Latest non-4H purchase

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Latest non-4H purchase

Postby Ideal » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Just a place to talk about some recent purchases that you think are cool, but arent Four Horsemen related.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Re: Latest non-4H purchase

Postby Ideal » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:08 pm

ok, i really started this thread for one reason: i finally got my hands on a Play Arts Kai Ichigo and im freakin excited about it and had to share

Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Dek » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Hey,

I was able to pick up the Spider-Man 2 super poseable movie figure for 10 bucks. He's always been my favorite Spider-Man toy, and my old one I use for a Spider-Man display, so it was cool to get a second one cheap to mess around with when I watch TV and movies. Joints are all pretty tight too. I don't think the guy knew what he had.

I also got the playmates animated ninja turtles and I have to say they rock. Pretty poseable and all look a little different to make some distinctions. I recommend them to anyone who likes the new cartoon or the old TMNT toys.

I'm an old school superhero comic book geek, so that's where most of my tastes lie.

Dek
Dek
Bronze Grunt

Postby Dek » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Hey,

Ideal is that a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime in your background and if yes, how is it? I heard it breaks real easy.

Dek
Dek
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ideal » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Dek wrote:Hey,

Ideal is that a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime in your background and if yes, how is it? I heard it breaks real easy.

Dek

yeah, thats MP Roddy back there. overall, id probably say im dissatisfied with him. he is difficult to get parts in the right place and then doesnt hold together that well (especially the torso). while i've not had any actual breakage, there are parts that constantly pop off, even though they seem like they are not supposed to be able to, and the plastic showed signs of wear and stress very fast

all in all, im glad i own him, but im also glad i didnt pay a whole lot for him
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Last non-4H toy purchase was the SH Figuarts Tyranno Ranger (Red Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for us Americans).

I'm now up to 15 Super Sentai Figuarts (Shinken Red, Princess Shinken Red, Shinken Gold, Red Buster, Red Hawk, Black Condor, Dragon Ranger, Deka Red, Gokai Red, Gokai Yellow, Bouken Red, Tyranno Ranger, Akiba Red, Akiba Blue, and Akiba Yellow), along with 4 Kamen Rider Figuarts (The First, Ixa, Kabuto, and Thebee), and half a dozen Tiger & Bunny Figuarts (Barnaby, Wild Tiger, Wild Tiger Top Mag, aka the Crap Suit, Iron Bison, Oragami Cyclone, and Sky High). I also have a number on preorder (Ptera Ranger, Kiba Ranger, RyuRanger, Hurrican Red, Kyoryu Red, Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Blade, and Fire Emblem), and few that I'll be preordering as soon as they become officially available and/or the preorders are reopened (Alternative Zero, Kamen Rider Femme, the rest of the Zyurangers, Blue Rose, the rest of the Hurricangers), and I wouldn't mind picking up a lot more of the other teams (Gokaiger, Dekaranger, Shinkenger) if I somehow come into better employment. And, of course, there are Figuarts that we all know are coming, like Dragon Kid, the rest of Jetman, etc.

Yes, I'm a little bit addicted to SH Figuarts.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Dek » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Hey,

Ideal I was able to pick up a Toys R Us Grimlock for like $60 when he first came out, I think he was mispriced, and I love that thing, sturdy, poseable, Grimlock, all good qualities in a toy. The others are way too expensive for me. Though I do admit to getting Prime and Magnus when they first came out for like a $100 bucks each, but they blow even Grimlock away in size. Shame about Rodimus, I was thinking of getting him if they ever reissued, but I hear more negative than positive.

Dek
Dek
Bronze Grunt

Postby slackrguy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Just got 3 armories from Spy Monkey. The toxic glow, doppleganger, and cold steel.
slackrguy
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:14 am

Ideal wrote:ok, i really started this thread for one reason: i finally got my hands on a Play Arts Kai Ichigo and im freakin excited about it and had to share

I needs me one of them. Where did you pick him up at?
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:17 am

zombie13 wrote:
Ideal wrote:ok, i really started this thread for one reason: i finally got my hands on a Play Arts Kai Ichigo and im freakin excited about it and had to share

I needs me one of them. Where did you pick him up at?

i managed to get him on ebay, actually. amongst all the ridiculously high auctions, i slid in and picked him up for only $65

my next target is gonna be the Play Arts Kai Roy Mustang

its too bad that these things arent easier to find locally. i only have one comic shop within 100 miles that comes close to stocking them on a regular basis, and its rare then too (i think it is mainly when someone custom orders one and then doesnt come to pay for it).

i had high hopes when TRU was stocking the Kingdom Hearts stuff for a while, but after the first couple figures from the Kai line, they stopped putting them in stores
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Dorkey » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:08 am

JamesLynch wrote:I'm now up to 15 Super Sentai Figuarts (Shinken Red, Princess Shinken Red, Shinken Gold, Red Buster, Red Hawk, Black Condor, Dragon Ranger, Deka Red, Gokai Red, Gokai Yellow, Bouken Red, Tyranno Ranger, Akiba Red, Akiba Blue, and Akiba Yellow)

Just a technicality. The Akiba Rangers are unofficial, therefore they are not Super Sentai.

I managed to pick them up as well as a couple of Shachiiku (their name is based on the slang "shachiku" consisting of components of the words kaisha, or company and kachiku, or livestock - combined, it becomes "company livestock"). I passed on Deluknight (delusion + knight), but I'm not sure if that was such a good idea. I also passed on Cho-Akiba Red (Super Akiba Red), the season two versions of Akiba Blue and Akiba Yellow as well as Cho-Akiba Red Super (Super Akiba Red Super) and I feel this was the correct decision. Finally, I'm hoping they come out with Marucina from the first season (or a second season version that doesn't have to transform), because the samples that Bandai had displayed were cute/hot.
Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver.
Dorkey
Bronze Grunt

Postby Mindless-Focus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:12 am

My last purchase was one each of series one Star Wars Black six inchers. Should be here Monday.
[This space for rent. Inquire within.]
Mindless-Focus
Apprentice

Postby SalemCrow » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:03 am

My haul from the last 3 weeks or so.

MAFEX TDKR Batman
NECA Predator Trophy wall
NECA skull pack
NECA SDCC Albino Predator
MOTUC Mossman from Big Lots
Mattel '66 Batman & Robin 2 pack
FiguARTS Green Ranger

Just ordered this morning:
Wave 1 of the Star Wars Black series 6" figures from BBTS
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby you_will_forget » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:18 am

With Mattel announcing that they've given up on collectors' DC figures, my attention has moved to Lego.

It's very dangerous for me, so I'm being extremely careful. I've bought the six Turtles sets this last month and I'm hoping I can stay there for the time being.

I've bought a couple of Play Arts Kai figures - Armoured Batman and Nurse Harley from Arkham Asylum, but I didn't realise at the time of ordering that they were 9", not 6", which has caused me a few display problems. I'm hoping to get the Mass Effect figures at some point, but it looks like they are sticking with just the five figures which niggles at my completionist nerve a bit.

Jo
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby naugem » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:31 am

I lost interest towards the end of the retailer DCUC line, when the figs got more expensive and hard to find. And I never got into MOTUC, but I also moved to Lego a while back, and it has become my main toy-related expense. Mostly Star Wars sets, but since I also like MOC'ing, I buy some sets specifically for the parts.

Recently there was an offer on the UCS B-Wing set in the Lego store and I took the chance to buy it.

Also, after a long hiatus, I got the itch to buy some figures around March and got myself an Ame-Comi Brainiac statue. It's cool but the paint apps could/should be better. I also got myself a DCUC Magog and a Hordak staction (but those are 4HM sculpts, so I guess they're outside the scope of this thread :P).
naugem
Golden Grunt

Next

Return to General Discussion