All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Re: All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Yet another Ceph head color requested in the Vampire colors. The pics are a little washed out because of the white color used. Still playing with the lighting trying to get it right.

And here are all the colors together that I've done so far.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Naja » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Wow, Zombie, that looks SICK!!! Here's a little something to go along with that color scheme as well....

Lord Vesuvius, the Orc Vampire (Bio below)

Lord Vesuvius
Excerpt from the journal of Lucretia:

“During its rule over Illythia’s Brood up until 5,000 years ago, the Council of Eight had many rules governing its people. As a purist regime, pure-blood and born vampires were considered the elite governing class. Only humans and elves were permitted to be Turned and even then, considered second-class citizens. This way of thinking is now extinct, as my people were nearly wiped out 5,000 by an unexpected alliance between Humans, Dwarves, Elves, and Orcs. My father, Baron Volligar, his consort, Lady Valryssia, the Record-Keeper Tobias, and I were all that remained. In our defeat we chose to exile ourselves and lie dormant until a time came when instability and chaos gripped Mythoss once more. While my father, Tobias, and Lady Valryssia fell into a long sleep, I defied our pact and remained conscious. I decided to move in secret and slowly begin to rebuild our forces, only this time, they would be governed by a new way of thinking. One of my first revolutionary acts was to attempt to turn an Orc. I selected a fine specimen, Velrog- a military general of his clan. After incapacitating him and draining his blood nearly to the point of death, in return, he took more of my blood than any being I’ve Turned before. He would have taken my life had it been a moment longer. His hunger ran deep as he furiously drank from me, completing the Blood Exchange. As he rose, I realized the pure genius of my act. While my people are typically gifted with the powers of illusion, shapeshifting, or seduction, one never knows what gift will be bestowed upon them until they are turned. Velrog’s gift as it turned out, was that of flesh and bone. Unlike other vampires who transmute the living essence of other beings to fuel their own physical strength and unholy life, Velrog retained all the physical strength and stamina that he possessed in life. The value of this emergent property cannot be overstated. The most unusual part of this was that he didn’t need to feed to retain this vitality. In addition, as he Turned, the full knowledge carried in my blood, the history of my people was bestowed upon him, making him the most intellectually awakened Orc to ever have set foot on Mythoss. As he was born into his new life, I gave him the name Lord Vesuvius after the immovable mountain, and promised him command of the Right Wing of Illythia’s Army when the time came. I have been amused by observing his Orcish nature and how it interacts with the Blood of Illythia. He is a unique masterpiece indeed. As I marvel at the success of this endeavor, I cast ill thoughts toward the conceit of the old Council of Eight. The old ways are dead, and a new Army of Illythia will rise again. We will capitalize on every advantage available to us until Mythoss is ours once more.”
Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Haha! Nice Naja. That's one head swap away from Visionary's grail figure of a Vamp using the Barbarian Build. Love the bio too. And the inverted collar piece is a nice touch.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:03 am

zombie13 wrote:Haha! Nice Naja. That's one head swap away from Visionary's grail figure of a Vamp using the Barbarian Build. Love the bio too. And the inverted collar piece is a nice touch.

YUUUUUUUUPPPP!!!!!!

That's 90% there,just needs the beserker vamp head with screaming,bloody fanged,open mouth.

Nice work Naj
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Naja » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:25 am

Thanks all! After I completed him, I tried the Carpathias head on him to see if it would be a viable mashup, and it is not. Carp's head is to slender and small and it looked funny.
Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am

Naja can you do a pic when you get a chance? I'd like to see it on there
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:21 am

This is me, playing commission catch up. There have been some unexpected life issues come up that forced me to nearly stop working on stuff the past month, so all this stuff I've been showing since then have been worked on when I was supposed to me sleeping in the middle of the night. Trying to get back into the swing of things and get my pending commissions done and off the work table. No need to worry or anything, things are starting to look up.

Remember this guy from page 30?

This one had a few more parts added to it to complete this commission.

Two vampire heads were added, one to glare are you with all his nasty fury and another to fit inside the helmet. The original referince picture I was given had a pentagram on his forehead to look like it was painted in blood, but I felt I could do something better, and I didn't really want to paint a pentagram. I just did some random image searches for a Vampire Rune but I still changed it up a little bit and added a little skull in the middle as kind of a nod to myself and to fit in with the Circle of Poxxus. Anyway, enough words, here it is...

Had to cut the ears off and add a little Apoxie Scuplt to the back of the head to get the fit for the helmet just right.

Here are all the parts with the figure for the variations for Vorgus.

zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby TheToyDoc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:49 am

This whole presentation is awesome Zomb, excellent work
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby Jeremy Girard » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am

Yeah, really cool work Zombie! The earless Vamp is the stuff of nightmares
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Naja » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Zombie- what a great fully thought out figure. All the alternate heads are superb!
Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Thanks you guys and gal. I see it as an example of how even just a couple of heads can make a great figure even better. The only thing that was my idea was the Blood Skull, the rest was the idea of the commissioner. I just brought it to life, so to speak. As for the earless Vamp head being the stuff of nightmares, with that said, my daughters think that head is "cute" right alongside the Vamp and the Bone colored Ceph heads. There is something wrong with my kids. Maybe they are just used to seeing all the monsters and stuff I keep in my room.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Naja wrote:Zombie- what a great fully thought out figure. All the alternate heads are superb!

Ditto. Sweet Custom!
Izdawiz
Smith

Postby Visionary » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Geez Zombie that's a masterpiece! Love the whole thing!
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Looks like he would enjoy some fava beans with a nice chianti..
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby squeezeplay » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:57 pm

How in unholy hell do I get a hold of a damn admin???
squeezeplay
Standard Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive