Mythic Legions: Soul Spiller

Re: Mythic Legions: Soul Spiller

Postby twehner31 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 am

Izdawiz wrote:Just Looking at the photos and videos I might agree with you, but it's a weird thing, when you have her in hand those weapons totally fit her, especially the axe. She has a kickass vibe that just makes it all work perfectly together.

jscott991 wrote:Eh, giant battle axe and frost elven warrior don't really go together in my opinion. We'll see what I think when I have her...

Ziero01 wrote:To me, the battle axe, large knife and bow all work perfectly on a hunter character, which with her big fur cloak I feel is what she's supposed to be...

Obviously, I'll have to see for myself once she finally arrives in hand.

I actually like the idea of a Winter Elfin WARRIOR wielding a seemingly 'non-traditional' battle axe, especially since the axe bears those raised, flowing markings that speak to an 'Elfin' style for me. But then I just don't see the need for such a warrior to also wield a longbow. Spilling blood up-close & personal-like doesn't seem to jibe with also adeptly picking off targets from long range.

A Winter Elfin HUNTER, on the other hand, would make great use of that longbow. But then I feel a smaller hand axe for throwing, chopping, even skinning might be better suited for such a character to also wield.

As she stands now, I could see maybe switching out her weapons on display: either the battle axe in hand with Dwarven sword on hip OR the longbow in hand with quiver & either a slimmer short sword or a smaller hand axe on hip.

Bottom line though- she will be displayed & prominently so!!!
twehner31
Bronze Grunt

Postby newfoundma » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 am

I am sure the canon will contradict this (since she comes with an alternate soldier head), but since she is the only frost elf so far, I envision Frostbow as a bit of a warrior hermit, living in a hut in the mountains apart from the rest of Elvin society, hunting Ice Trolls.
newfoundma
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 am

People really have read a lot into the cape (which I don't even intend to use). :)

I didn't really get a hunter / hermit vibe. I sort of saw her as more of an ice princess / high elf type. But that's the great thing about these figures: they can be whatever you want since they aren't based on a legacy product (like MOTU or GI Joe or whatever).
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Soundwave » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:48 pm

The new video for Soul Spiller is pretty awesome.
Soundwave

Postby Visionary » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:52 pm

I'd kill for a YouTube series like this.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Wait what?! Lord Veteris is a bad guy and he's the lost twin of Sir Gideon!( made the last part up) And I'm confused. Is Cowarros evil too? I can understand Veteris being evil but not a tribute figure of a good guy.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:19 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Wait what?! Lord Veteris is a bad guy and he's the lost twin of Sir Gideon!( made the last part up) And I'm confused. Is Cowarros evil too? I can understand Veteris being evil but not a tribute figure of a good guy.

He's most likely some sort of transforming Orc, so it makes sense he'd be a member of the Legion. Unkaan was an homage to Man-at-Arms but ended up being the Legions Weapon Master. So it wouldn't be the first time they made a heroic homage figure evil.

That said, the video showed Cowarross by himself, where all the others were with their factions. There's always the chance he's a deserter from the Legion (for being a coward) who ends up joining with the heroes to stop the greater evil. His background did look like it was some cozy cottage or something, so it's possible he ran away and hid in the north where our fleeing heroes come across him and convince him to become a hero.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Very cool video. Just reinforces how awesome Thallyn looks. Still doesn't really tell what Soul Spiller is, but I'm guessing the sword that comes with the troll?
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby garyl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm

jscott991 wrote: Still doesn't really tell what Soul Spiller is, but I'm guessing the sword that comes with the troll?

Cowarros is Soul Spiller, the clumsiest of demons.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby garyl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Wait what?! Lord Veteris is a bad guy and he's the lost twin of Sir Gideon!( made the last part up) And I'm confused. Is Cowarros evil too? I can understand Veteris being evil but not a tribute figure of a good guy.

They all look evil to me.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 pm

garyl wrote:They all look evil to me.

I would have guessed Thallyn was evil too.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Eh.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:55 pm

Ziero01 wrote:

He's most likely some sort of transforming Orc, so it makes sense he'd be a member of the Legion. Unkaan was an homage to Man-at-Arms but ended up being the Legions Weapon Master. So it wouldn't be the first time they made a heroic homage figure evil.

That said, the video showed Cowarross by himself, where all the others were with their factions. There's always the chance he's a deserter from the Legion (for being a coward) who ends up joining with the heroes to stop the greater evil. His background did look like it was some cozy cottage or something, so it's possible he ran away and hid in the north where our fleeing heroes come across him and convince him to become a hero.

He has a human face. He is a human.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 am

boogieman4hire wrote:He has a human face. He is a human.

I was talking about Cowaross, who comes with the catman and orc heads :D
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby beast guy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Has there been any word as to which factions the characters belong?
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive