Movie suggestions?

Re: Movie suggestions?

Postby BoBoJango » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Visionary wrote:And Castlevania Season 2

That's what I meant but for some reason I said Dracula.
BoBoJango
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:55 am

I was extremely unimpressed with Castlevania season 1. I intend to give season 2 a shot, but im not expecting much out of it.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:24 pm

Ideal wrote:I was extremely unimpressed with Castlevania season 1. I intend to give season 2 a shot, but im not expecting much out of it.

It wasn't all perfect but some of it was. I'm looking forward to it returning and wish we could get some figures out of it too.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:59 am

My chief complaint was that it was too short. Hope they have more episodes in season 2.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby you_will_forget » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Season two is eight episodes, compared to season one's four.

Jo
Who will read or watch anything Warren Ellis writes, though sometimes regrets it
My daughter starts school on the 3rd of September - I'm pretty sure we only had her a month or two ago
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby BoBoJango » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Ideal wrote:I was extremely unimpressed with Castlevania season 1. I intend to give season 2 a shot, but im not expecting much out of it.

I didn't like it much when I first watched it. Then I saw season 2 was coming out so I rewatched it and like it better,
BoBoJango
Silver Grunt

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:42 am

Just watched the Errol Fylnn Robin Hood with the kids. That holds up great. Check it out if you've not seen it before.

Has anyone watched Disenchantment? If so what do you think?
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Postby twehner31 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:08 pm

So this next suggestion is anything but an action packed thrill ride- it's actually more of a romance film with a fantasy setting. And it's Russian made so the only English will be found solely in the subtitles.

That said, I still dig the film- solid acting, great effects & a good story line:
I am Dragon

At the very least it contributes its own unique take on dragon lore. It is free on Amazon Prime.
twehner31
Bronze Grunt

Postby Forcehunter » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:32 pm

The anime/manga Berserk is a good one that I draw inspiration from. It goes from good ol' times with the boys in a mercenary company to grimdark world of evil and trying to get revenge on the one guy who turned the world into Hell.
Forcehunter
Standard Grunt

Postby newfoundma » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm

It's not a movie, but the comic book "DIE" announced yesterday sounds really exciting to me. It's about a group of teens who get sucked into a Dungeons and Dragons world, with a fantasy world designed by the amazing artist Stephanie Hans.
newfoundma
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:36 am

newfoundma wrote:It's not a movie, but the comic book "DIE" announced yesterday sounds really exciting to me. It's about a group of teens who get sucked into a Dungeons and Dragons world, with a fantasy world designed by the amazing artist Stephanie Hans.

I need to try to remember to keep an eye out for this. both of the comic shops in my town are far more concerned with pokemon and magic tournaments than they are with even attempting to stock current comics, so i'll undoubtedly have to track it down online
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby newfoundma » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Ideal wrote:
newfoundma wrote:It's not a movie, but the comic book "DIE" announced yesterday sounds really exciting to me. It's about a group of teens who get sucked into a Dungeons and Dragons world, with a fantasy world designed by the amazing artist Stephanie Hans.

I need to try to remember to keep an eye out for this. both of the comic shops in my town are far more concerned with pokemon and magic tournaments than they are with even attempting to stock current comics, so i'll undoubtedly have to track it down online

If you ask your comic shop to pre-order it for you, they really should, or else they're turning away money and in the wrong business. If you're into digital comics at all, you could buy it directly from Comixology or Amazon, or buy the collection from any book or mortar book store. Image Comics usally comes out with the first collection of a comic a month after the first arc, and almost always for the very affordable prices of $10.
newfoundma
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:13 pm

This thing looks really creepy awesome.

Mandy

If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Spongyblue » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:32 pm

The Dragon Prince on Netflix. One of the producers who created The Last Airbender worked on this. I've only seen a few episodes, but it looks pretty good.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby Kristof123 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:47 pm

crazybirdman wrote:Has anyone watched Disenchantment? If so what do you think?

i binged watched it the weekend it went up on Netflix. its ok, though a bit more serious than the beloved silliness of Futurama.
Kristof123

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive