Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Re: Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:29 pm

The Undertaker is ready to fight

If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Visionary wrote:The Undertaker is ready to fight

Yeah that is cool. Were there any identifying tags or marks on those skeletons, Vis?
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby PersonWhoIsJoe » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Visionary wrote:The Undertaker is ready to fight

Yooo, those props look sick! Can't wait to assemble a spooki environment.

Speaking of, applying a Mr. Super Clear matte coat does wonders to those bootleg skeleton dudes

https://i.imgur.com/d2S9WH0.jpg

Also magnetized the jaw, so I can do stuff like this.

https://i.imgur.com/QbNY4Ow.jpg
PersonWhoIsJoe
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 pm

No RBK the only tag was a very small clear sticker that peals off easily. Other than a few wobbly joints and the big head it's great for $5 each.

Ya Joe I was thinking of painting one white since this look a bit dingy.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Ziero01 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Those things are sold at Home Depot?

I've always liked the Rement skeletons, but was never a fan of their scale. A few of those guys with better joints and a quick was could really bulk up my undead hordes...
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 am

The joints ain't the problem. The limbs are made of very soft plastic, almost like rubber. I've been messing with one just posing him around and he likes to shelf dive more than a Nineties Punk Rock band singer likes to stage dive. Also, I've had to swap the Left and Right Femurs because they were assembled on the wrong leg. But for the $5 price tag and the size, they are a fun little toy to just putz around with. I've thought about using one as a "Skelly of the Shelf" like the "Elf on the Shelf" during Christmas. But the wife doesn't want to ruin the "magic" of Christmas just yet for the girls. Thing is, my six year old is as sharp as a tack and I think she's going to figure stuff out VERY soon. My other is Nine and she's asking SO many questions about things beyond her years. I think I may be in trouble with them both. :oops:
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby PersonWhoIsJoe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 pm

zombie13 wrote:The joints ain't the problem. The limbs are made of very soft plastic, almost like rubber. I've been messing with one just posing him around and he likes to shelf dive more than a Nineties Punk Rock band singer likes to stage dive. Also, I've had to swap the Left and Right Femurs because they were assembled on the wrong leg. But for the $5 price tag and the size, they are a fun little toy to just putz around with. I've thought about using one as a "Skelly of the Shelf" like the "Elf on the Shelf" during Christmas. But the wife doesn't want to ruin the "magic" of Christmas just yet for the girls. Thing is, my six year old is as sharp as a tack and I think she's going to figure stuff out VERY soon. My other is Nine and she's asking SO many questions about things beyond her years. I think I may be in trouble with them both. :oops:

I haven't had any issue with mine just yet, though he could probably do to have a floor polish joint tightening. I think as long as those joints are tight, unless your display area is super hot he should stay standing.
PersonWhoIsJoe
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 pm

PersonWhoIsJoe wrote:I haven't had any issue with mine just yet, though he could probably do to have a floor polish joint tightening. I think as long as those joints are tight, unless your display area is super hot he should stay standing.

Well, I do live in south Louisiana and it's been a scorcher this summer. It's been so hot here that the Devil went back to Hell to cool off for a while. He just couldn't handle it.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby PersonWhoIsJoe » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm

zombie13 wrote:
PersonWhoIsJoe wrote:I haven't had any issue with mine just yet, though he could probably do to have a floor polish joint tightening. I think as long as those joints are tight, unless your display area is super hot he should stay standing.

Well, I do live in south Louisiana and it's been a scorcher this summer. It's been so hot here that the Devil went back to Hell to cool off for a while. He just couldn't handle it.

Ah yeah, that'd suck. I take it you didn't have a good experience with Covenant figures when they used softer plastics?
PersonWhoIsJoe
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Yeah, I've had a couple of self divers, but I didn't unbox all of them due to space. I'll see them drooping and re-fix them. Starting to cool off a little now so hopefully it will not happen as much.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Havoc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:46 am

Visionary wrote:The new acquisition arrived today and he's beautiful! Especially the Flaming Dragon Sword that will be used to battle the Ice Troll.

Have you put this figure next to a troll yet? How does he size up? I think you're right that Mr. Brimstone would make a good adversary for the ice troll - Ice vs Fire.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:43 pm

I haven't been able to open a Troll yet due to space "issues" but this thing is atleast 10" high and there's one for a great price on eBay now with the game and art book which I didn't get with mine for $10 more.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3204776823
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Havoc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Thanks Vis, already have one on the way. That one is cheaper than what I paid, but in four days for the bid to be final a lot can happen. I was basically wondering if he looks heavy enough to take on a troll, but then again he looks quick and mean with that spikey armor and flaming dragon sword.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby SD-2 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Havoc wrote:
Visionary wrote:The new acquisition arrived today and he's beautiful! Especially the Flaming Dragon Sword that will be used to battle the Ice Troll.
Have you put this figure next to a troll yet? How does he size up? I think you're right that Mr. Brimstone would make a good adversary for the ice troll - Ice vs Fire.

That's an awesome figure :!:

Is it well articulated :?:

So how about Shark ‘Anthros :?:
I even put little fur skirts on them for you, ‘Vish. I can’t wait for the new MLs to get here :!:
Of course they're already wearing jeans :!: ;) :P
Last edited by SD-2 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SD-2
Standard Grunt

Postby SD-2 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Oh...

Just looked him up. He a statue.
SD-2
Standard Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive