ML 2.0: Advent of Decay Quality Issues

Re: ML 2.0: Advent of Decay Quality Issues

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:30 am

edgs2099 wrote:Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love these things. The point of this tread isn't to shit on them. Maybe I'm naive, but if we can identify specific line wide issues, maybe the guys can move to remedy that for future releases.

Didn't they add more twisty ties after the initial 1.0 release due to a lot of face bashing/paint scuffing against packaging? I thought i read that they did.

That’s correct. They did. I’m not sure there were any twist ties in the original 1.0’s, or maybe just around the waist. The most widespread issue was the skeleton legion builders having paint scuff marks on their foreheads. I had maybe five figures total with this issue out of my two all-ins (like 60+ figures).

The twist tied across the chests were supposed to remedy that problem. And they have, but they’ve created, in my opinion, a far worse and more widespread problems. I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but definitely over 50% of my figures from Advent of Decay have marks from the twist ties. The worst are the ones wearing tabards or with bare legs. I haven’t seen a single picture of a Delphina without the mark on her torso, except for the sample the Four Horsemen posted.

It’s incrrdibly disappointing that this issue is so widespread and wasn’t caught earlier.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby garyl » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:50 pm

The few issues I've had ( joints and a couple figure mix ups ) have already been covered by others here so I wont repeat them. I just was going to offer an observation on the twist ties problem. Only a few figures of mine were affected out of maybe 5 dozen or so. Some very slight indents across unarmored legs, which I probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking for them following the reports; and one across the raised center of the mail torso ( what people have been calling the 'rotary dial' ). What I noticed and think might be the main cause of this problem is that on certain figures, instead of just securing the tie with a couple of twists which is all that's needed, the ties are twisted to a ridiculous degree at which point its like a tourniquet. I think if the 4H were to alert the factory to the problem and have them tell whoever is packing these figures that a couple of twists is plenty, that might be all that's needed to fix the problem. And tell them before they package my Delphina's!
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby worldwar_hulk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:22 am

ToDigAndBeDug wrote:
edgs2099 wrote:Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love these things. The point of this tread isn't to shit on them. Maybe I'm naive, but if we can identify specific line wide issues, maybe the guys can move to remedy that for future releases.

Didn't they add more twisty ties after the initial 1.0 release due to a lot of face bashing/paint scuffing against packaging? I thought i read that they did.

That’s correct. They did. I’m not sure there were any twist ties in the original 1.0’s, or maybe just around the waist. The most widespread issue was the skeleton legion builders having paint scuff marks on their foreheads. I had maybe five figures total with this issue out of my two all-ins (like 60+ figures).

The twist tied across the chests were supposed to remedy that problem. And they have, but they’ve created, in my opinion, a far worse and more widespread problems. I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but definitely over 50% of my figures from Advent of Decay have marks from the twist ties. The worst are the ones wearing tabards or with bare legs. I haven’t seen a single picture of a Delphina without the mark on her torso, except for the sample the Four Horsemen posted.

It’s incrrdibly disappointing that this issue is so widespread and wasn’t caught earlier.
The tie twists thing is especially disappointing because they could just use the thin clear rubber bands, or even the fabric rope/string style tie twists instead. I imagine either of those 2 options would not have marked up the figures.

Ahh... bummer.
Here's to moving forward! Super excited about new stuff coming down the line. Hopefully some of the littler things mentioned in this thread can be addressed before they're all packaged up and shipped out from china.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby LipSmack » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 am

Im also curious, what is everyones thoughts on the plastic being cast in white for almost everything?

Personally id prefer black plastic, as paint rub and missed apps would at least look like some kind of wear or damage, with white poking through though I get really disappointed. Is it just me? I mean they do cast the hinges in appropriate colors so that is great, I just want them to go a bit further
LipSmack
Standard Grunt

Postby worldwar_hulk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:26 am

LipSmack wrote:Im also curious, what is everyones thoughts on the plastic being cast in white for almost everything?

Personally id prefer black plastic, as paint rub and missed apps would at least look like some kind of wear or damage, with white poking through though I get really disappointed. Is it just me? I mean they do cast the hinges in appropriate colors so that is great, I just want them to go a bit further
Yeah, that was one of the handful of things that I mentioned in my first post.
viewtopic.php?p=70149#p70149

Personally I'd prefer neither Black nor White plastic, unless that's what the figure calls for. I'd rather see each part have colored plastic the same color as the paint that is mainly used on that part. Or close to the same color.

I remember when there was this mishap with Mattel using Black plastic on a MOTUC figure (I think it was Vikor, maybe it was just the head? I can't recall) and then painted flesh tone over it. People lost their freakin minds about that one. Firstly because that wasn't the standard leading up to that point. Also because of the paint scraping problem, revealing black underneath.

My guess is, that this happens because it's probably cheaper to do it this way rather than using the different colored plastics? I don't know. But in either case, I'd gladly pay a little more if that's what it takes to not continue having this happen.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby Nekk-ra » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:36 am

ML 1.0 also had the paint over white plastic, but it does seem like the paint for some of my 2.0 figures comes off far easier than previous waves.
Nekk-ra
Bronze Grunt

Postby Satam » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 pm

No paint on any of my Knubnik's joints, which are yellow, not white (still weird). His mace was severely bent in the package and the handle has an odd silver wash, which makes no sense considering it's painted brown and grained like wood. He also the wrist peg issue noted by others.
Hera is missing black paint around her ears in a weird vulcan type shape around them.
Satam
Bronze Grunt

Postby profcobra2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:12 pm

My Herra also has paint missing around the ears. One of her feet is covered in splotches of the emerald green paint from her armor. The leg of one of my Vampire LB doesn't want to stay in either. Otherwise, these are perfection.
profcobra2
Standard Grunt

Postby tigerq » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 am

The foot of 2.0 are smaller than 1.0,plus the ball joints are weak and loose ,that make them easy to fall and not easy to stand straight
tigerq

Postby Roland of Gilead » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:36 pm

I've only opened my Goblins so far, but I'm having a hell of a time keeping their should armor from falling out and the figures from falling down.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby Satam » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Roland of Gilead wrote:I've only opened my Goblins so far, but I'm having a hell of a time keeping their should armor from falling out and the figures from falling down.

You were having trouble getting the shoulder pauldron pegs to fit the holes in Knubnik's (and I assume the others) back(s). Did you try heating up the holes a little with a hair drier? I did that and left the pauldrons cool so the pegs would be solid. They went in pretty easily, and they're staying put.
Satam
Bronze Grunt

Postby Roland of Gilead » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to try that.

I did find a pack of NECA action figure stands last night at Target that appear to work very well with Mythic Legions.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Previous

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive