4H's Next Kickstarter/Expectation, Speculations,&Aspirations

Re: 4H's Next Kickstarter/Expectation, Speculations,&Aspirat

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:31 am

Hope those Motu tributes are Hordak and Panthor.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:15 am

I have a feeling Panthor is one of the tributes. It's an easy repaint of B'alam, and Cornboy said he liked that suggestion a while back.

I get why the 4H do those MOTU tribute figures, but I don't personally like them too much. With small waves they take up valuable spots for new and unique characters. That may be an unpopular opinion, but as a result of being based on a cartoon show, the color schemes often feel off to me, and unrealistic.
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby Cythagen » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:47 pm

christianpyro wrote:I get why the 4H do those MOTU tribute figures, but I don't personally like them too much. With small waves they take up valuable spots for new and unique characters. That may be an unpopular opinion, but as a result of being based on a cartoon show, the color schemes often feel off to me, and unrealistic.

I felt the same way before I had any of them in-hand.

I never purchased Unkann, and I passed on Adamonn and Keltuss during the "Coliseum" pre-order. I eventually acquired those two later on, and I'm glad that I did. Keltuss is easily my favourite 1.0 skeleton, and BOTH of those guys are among my top ten favorite pre-AoD figures. While I certainly understand your sentiments regarding the colour schemes, I've learned to let it go. 4H's colour choices have always been more imaginative than would be considered realistic or practical in real-world applications, so I don't find any of the homage figures any more garish than Torrion, Morgolyth, or Eathyron's Avian army. Besides, what is really great about all the MOTU homage figures - except Unkann - is that they include alternate heads and enough accessory choices so that none of them really have to look like their MOTU counterparts if someone doesn't want them to. That, along with their 4H-authored bios, makes them perfectly acceptable as original characters in the line.

That said, I'm totally up for an ML version of "Not-Hordak," and I'm thinking they could whip up an awesome "Not-She-Ra" that could bridge her classic look with William Stout's fully-armoured concept illustration from the 1987 live-action film's design materials.
Cythagen
Bronze Grunt

Postby Hellion » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:56 pm

I really like them, I think they are fun tributes. I keep them all displayed together though for maximum MOTU effect and don’t count them as actual characters in the ML universe.
Hellion
Silver Grunt

Postby BoBoJango » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Someone on FB said they got confirmation from Zolocon that All-stars and Soul spiller(I would think advent of decay also) are on the water and should ship out to fans in March. I misheard I apologize, I thought I heard them say they weren't going to be on the water till March.
BoBoJango
Silver Grunt

Postby Havoc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:31 am

That's a happy mistake. If it was the other way around, not so much.

edit: I just went into storehorsemen by mistake and they have posted there that the three waves would be shipping mid to late March. Talk about a hidden Easter egg - or more aptly a rotten egg. Again in the dark on what to believe - the hidden post or what was said at the toy fair. (Unless they meant shipping from warehouse).
Last edited by Havoc on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Sometimes the Horsemen will have a small batch of figures rush shipped via air to have them available for a Con.

It's too expensive to ship all the figures that way, so the rest of the figures get shipped the regular way, the slow boat from China.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Sir Real » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:21 pm

While smaller, more frequent waves I agree are a good idea, and they don't have to pay that huge kickstarter fee, I will say that I will miss the excitement of a live kickstarter, watching the bidding go up, seeing the stretch goal reveals, all the chatter here on the fortum, etc.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 am

Sir Real wrote:While smaller, more frequent waves I agree are a good idea, and they don't have to pay that huge kickstarter fee, I will say that I will miss the excitement of a live kickstarter, watching the bidding go up, seeing the stretch goal reveals, all the chatter here on the fortum, etc.

I agree. I 100% understand the need to move away from Kickstarter and go to on-site pre-orders, but I really wish they could find a way to do those pre-orders and also capture the excitement of the Kickstarter campaign. Seeing the total rise and having new reveals unlocked is a lot of fun, and while I know they don't want to do insane, 40+ figure waves anymore, I still think there is alot of be said for that Kickstarter-like energy if they can find a way to do it.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby skeletom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:42 am

Yup! I agree completely! If there were some way to make the pre-orders as exciting of an event as the Kickstarters that would rock!
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Does that make Ravaena their last kickstarter fanmade exclusive then?
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ideal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Does that make Ravaena their last kickstarter fanmade exclusive then?

I would highly doubt that.
Ravaena was the latest in a long line of fan designed figures from the 4H, most of which happened well before Kickstarter was ever a thing.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Hence why I said KICKSTARTER.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ideal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:47 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Hence why I said KICKSTARTER.

but she isn't a kickstarter exclusive, so im not sure what your point actually was

In fact none of the fanmade characters have been the Kickstarter exclusive.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Exclusive as in made or voted on by fans exclusively during a kickstarter.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive