Movie suggestions?

Re: Movie suggestions?

Postby Visionary » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:09 am

Just watched Dracula Untold and thought it was great.Give it a 7.5 out of 10 with great visuals
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby dragonsleeper » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Netflix Bright is great... Will Smith and Orc Joel Edgerton are badasses. :D
dragonsleeper

Postby Visionary » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:07 pm

I'm going to watch it but I hate the idea of mixing the Fantasy Age with our Contemporary world. Harry Potter handled it well but I guess I'll find out soon.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Havoc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:38 am

I liked the movie but they crammed too much history into it and you never got to really know some of the characters - like the elf that was helping them. I think it would have made a much better series but then they probably wouldn't have had Will Smith in it. At least they left an opening so they can make a second movie.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 am

Havoc wrote:I liked the movie but they crammed too much history into it and you never got to really know some of the characters - like the elf that was helping them. I think it would have made a much better series but then they probably wouldn't have had Will Smith in it. At least they left an opening so they can make a second movie.

I actually liked the fact that they jumped right into the story and did not spend the entire movie establishing backstory and history. They mention important events of the past a number of times, but don't focus on them. I enjoyed that since I didn't have to watch an entire movie of world building to get started.

All in all, I really liked the movie. The mix of fantasy and modern times worked really well in my opinion.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Clutters » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Anyone mentioned Hawk The Slayer (1980) yet? Jack Palance puts in the performance of his career!

It's in my top 5 movies to watch while getting through a hangover.

Clutters
Standard Grunt

Postby newfoundma » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Visionary wrote:I'm going to watch it but I hate the idea of mixing the Fantasy Age with our Contemporary world.

I hate the idea of mixing Will Smith a movie I otherwise would want to see.
newfoundma
Silver Grunt

Postby Havoc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:38 pm

I finally had a chance to watch The Great Wall the other day and really liked the bright metallic colors of the armors. I hope the Horsemen make a helmet like the red archers wore (bird helmet). Oh yeah, the movie was very enjoyable too.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby twehner31 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:37 am

newfoundma wrote:
Visionary wrote:I'm going to watch it but I hate the idea of mixing the Fantasy Age with our Contemporary world.

I hate the idea of mixing Will Smith a movie I otherwise would want to see.

Well look at that:
both of the reasons I have thus far passed on checking out that Netflix film.
twehner31
Bronze Grunt

Postby loolar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Havoc wrote:I finally had a chance to watch The Great Wall the other day and really liked the bright metallic colors of the armors. I hope the Horsemen make a helmet like the red archers wore (bird helmet). Oh yeah, the movie was very enjoyable too.

This is literally the first positive comment I've ever heard about that movie. Given my limited movie time, I've been actively avoiding it.
loolar
Golden Grunt

Postby Visionary » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:32 am

loolar wrote:
Havoc wrote:I finally had a chance to watch The Great Wall the other day and really liked the bright metallic colors of the armors. I hope the Horsemen make a helmet like the red archers wore (bird helmet). Oh yeah, the movie was very enjoyable too.

This is literally the first positive comment I've ever heard about that movie. Given my limited movie time, I've been actively avoiding it.

I saw it when it came out and enjoyed it as well. The ending could have been better but it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than The Crap Jedi :x

Asian styled armored warriors of that nature would be welcome as would the Lizard creatures(Saurians?)
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:36 am

Clutters wrote:Anyone mentioned Hawk The Slayer (1980) yet? Jack Palance puts in the performance of his career!

I think I'll wait to watch this on my flight to Hell. :evil:
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby RyanJ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:16 am

Clutters wrote:Anyone mentioned Hawk The Slayer (1980) yet? Jack Palance puts in the performance of his career!

Better than lotr, imo.
It will not take too long before I read tour of britain key details. The sportsmen there are amazing. I really like em.
RyanJ

Postby loolar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:21 pm

RyanJ wrote:

Better than lotr, imo.

That's damning it with faint praise.
loolar
Golden Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:22 am

I watched Bright today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was handled very well mixing fantasy themes and characters in with modern times. Of course elves are conceited douchebags. And the skin patterning and look of the orcs makes me now like the shadow orc much more. Also though never actually shown Darklord reminds me a whole lot of Malachi cinderhorn which again makes me like him much more as well.
boogieman4hire
Golden Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive