other 6" Kickstarters?

Re: other 6" Kickstarters?

Postby ReallyBigKid » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:05 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
ReallyBigKid wrote:Urg, official slightly taller skeleton. Still too tiny. I'm kind of pissed off that I ordered three. I wish I'd waited to see these pics. Oh well, I'll just order more from Advent of Decay. I'm pretty sure this will have been a waste of money for me though.

These were NEVER meant to fit in with Mythic Legions, and people who thought he would change the scale, when he's stated MULTIPLE TIMES they were designed to fit in with Marvel Legends, were IMHO, deluding themselves.

Like I said before, why should he try to horn in on the 4H when he'd been working on these & the Army Alphas figures already?

If they're smaller than you'd hoped, I'm sorry, but they were always meant to be Marvel Legends scale, not 4H/MOTUC scale. We all know the 4H will do their own, and after all of this activity, it only shows the interest for 'naked' skeletons in their line.

Look, I hear you. You've said all this before. But I could care less what the creator of the Kickstarter envisioned. I merely stated what I wanted, as have everyone else with a dog in this fight. Mythic Legions scaled figures are pretty much all I collect now. Of course I'm going to want as many cool things to fit that scale. And these skeletons are cool. So it's cool, alright?
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby SalemCrow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Visionary wrote:So Salem is saying don't bother to buy these or support this KS cuz the 4H might make a bare skeleton one day.

But if you want your Star Wars stromtroopers to fight a Skeleton horde like they do in the movies then buy these by the hundreds.

Skeletons and Knights go together like peanut butter and jelly

Skeletons and Jedi not really

But go ahead and buy 100 of these and show your support of 6" figures

I'm good for a few too IF they get funded

I'm done.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby mikros » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:43 am

ReallyBigKid wrote:Urg, official slightly taller skeleton. Still too tiny. I'm kind of pissed off that I ordered three. I wish I'd waited to see these pics. Oh well, I'll just order more from Advent of Decay. I'm pretty sure this will have been a waste of money for me though.

Puny

It looks the right size to me? Considering he's wearing no armor, boots, helmet and all... :?
mikros

Postby Havoc » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:05 am

I think it is still a little short for ML but even more it needs to be a more bulky figure to fit in. I recently got a pile of loot from the bbts and the Iron Banner Hunter made by Mcfarlane was in it. I love the look of the figure but my first thought was this is tiny. I grabbed a tape measure and the figure was 6.5 inches tall - 7 inches with the with the wolf cowl on. When I stopped to really look the figure is just very slim - ML skeletons have bigger biceps. It doesn't really fit in - at least with the 1.0 figures and I think the same is true with these skeletons. That said, I may buy a few if the angry head unlocks.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Sir Real » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Superimposing that skeleton on top of the ML knight, it looks to be about the right size for a ML sized human skeleton.

I think I would prefer it be even a little larger. But I'll still get some.

And then I'll also get a lot more of the sure-to-be-on-their-way ML all bone skeletons too.
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:44 pm

I was waiting for someone to do and say just that. I've been avoiding the subject because of the back and forth. But they look more realistically proportioned now. Got to keep in mind that the Mythic Legions Skeletons were bulked up to make the joint system work for them to fit into the normal line.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby ReallyBigKid » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:25 pm

If this KS gets funded, I'll be getting my three skeletons in the bone colour, then I'll be just put a brown wash over them. They should look pretty great after that.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 am

I was wondering if the bone Skeletons look better than the grey ones? The bone colored ones look too fresh from the lab as opposed to the greys that might have popped right out of the ground. What do you guys think.

I'll probably get 2-3 of every color but want a majority,say atleast 12,to be one color.

I'm leaning grey.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 am

Sir Real wrote:Superimposing that skeleton on top of the ML knight, it looks to be about the right size for a ML sized human skeleton.

I think I would prefer it be even a little larger. But I'll still get some.

And then I'll also get a lot more of the sure-to-be-on-their-way ML all bone skeletons too.

Yup looks way better taller, thanks Sir Real
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Darren » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm on the fence about the Skeletons. Good sculpt. IMO they are a little undersized for Mythic Legions. If I collected Marvel figures I would be all over them.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Darren wrote:I'm on the fence about the Skeletons. Good sculpt. IMO they are a little undersized for Mythic Legions. If I collected Marvel figures I would be all over them.

I don't think you would regret getting these Darren.Think of the Mythic Legions Skeletons as the Elite Squad with these smaller ones as the grunts that attack in greater numbers to bolster the ranks of the Skeletal Horde.

We still don't know when or if the 4H will ever make bare bones skeletons for the Mythic Legions line so I suggest picking up a few so you don't miss out. 6 would make a good squad.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby twehner31 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:20 am

Visionary wrote:... We still don't know when or if the 4H will ever make bare bones skeletons for the Mythic Legions line so I suggest picking up a few so you don't miss out. 6 would make a good squad.

I'm afraid that I'm in the pessimistic boat regarding the 4H offering their own bare bones skellies especially anytime soon. I'm not always up on all things 4H- have they ever communicated a desire to create bare bones skeletons?

They have a tried & true formula in creating sturdy skeleton figures that rely on armored torsos & gloves & boots. These also play well into the 4H focus on interchangeability. Bare bones skeletons would likely be quite a bit less sturdy and contain parts that are less interchangeable. I think that even if the 4H ultimately decide to offer such figures, it likely will not happen for quite some time. The 4H is currently working on ogre-sized figures, more trolls, dragons, etc. I believe the wishlist threads here clamor for lighter armored figures (Vikings & bandits) as well as unarmored figures (wizards, monks, peasants). I could see the 4H producing these types of figures first & then offering skulls, bone limbs & skeleton hands/feet to create skeletal Vikings & skeletal wizards, etc. long before tapping the well of bare bones skellies.

Of course I could very well be wrong about this- in fact, I truly hope that I am. Either way, I'm in for at least a few of Cryptid Toys' smallish bare bones skellies. Gotta unlock the angry skull & extra hands!
twehner31
Bronze Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 am

Visionary wrote:I was wondering if the bone Skeletons look better than the grey ones? The bone colored ones look too fresh from the lab as opposed to the greys that might have popped right out of the ground. What do you guys think.

I'll probably get 2-3 of every color but want a majority,say atleast 12,to be one color.

I'm leaning grey.

I think that no matter what colour skeleton you choose, if you want it to look good, you're still going to have to put a wash on it. I know you don't like customizing, Vis, but putting a wash on a figure is easy. It's basically dunking the figure in an extremely thin paint. With the washes available on the market now, you don't even have to mix anything up. I don't think grey looks like bone. I'm still buying the bone coloured ones and putting a dark sepia wash over them. They'll be all yellowed and dirty! :)

On another note, I can't see those other blank figures getting unlocked. As it is, I think we'll be lucky to get the other skeleton parts unlocked. I would have thought that people would be all over these skeletons. I think the small scale of them has a lot to do with it. Such a divide in what people want. People tend to talk big, but the KS numbers tell the truth. As for this KS, only time will tell. This is the second attempt for these tiny skeletons. I can't imagine they'll get another chance.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:14 pm

I feel I could mess up even just a wash on a figure.Maybe I'll bury them for 2 days in the backyard ;)
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:52 pm

I haven't pledged yet but plan to do so tomorrow but I'm sure this KS will hit atleast $40K though maybe these blank fans will come through in heavy numbers at the end.
Visionary
Goldsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive