other 6" Kickstarters?

Re: other 6" Kickstarters?

Postby twehner31 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:48 pm

The Skellies are funded obviously- here's hoping that we unlock the angry skulls and extra hands for each of them!
twehner31
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:38 pm

If Sir Real hasn't pledged yet then we should hit the $32K mark easy. So calling Sir Real come in Sir Real.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Sir Real » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello.... :D Yeah, I pledged. But just for two of each of the first three skells that are currently unlocked. I'm hoping we get all the way up to 47k to get them all.

But I think I'll up my pledge for more, for the ones that aren't technically unlocked yet, but then be ready to back it off at the last minute to be only for the ones that are actually unlocked at the end. That's the danger of pledging for not-yet-unlocked items, having to make sure your pledge amount isn't too high at the end, if you pledge for not yet unlocked items. But it may be the way to actually get them unlocked, to pledge earlier than you're actually "supposed to".
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:23 pm

I think you'll need atleast 12 of these trust me.

I'll be very happy to unlock the angry heads but if we get the translucent one too then great.Let's atleast get pledges past the $32K for the heads.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Sir Real » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Okay, done. 32,100. :D
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:54 pm

It's going to be a looooong wait for these but this might tide me over

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dy ... ner-statue
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Sir Real wrote:Okay, done. 32,100. :D

I knew you'd come thru in the end
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby loolar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:24 am

Guess I missed this... oh well, I agree that even a bit undersized they'd make great minions.
loolar
Golden Grunt

Postby Visionary » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:44 am

loolar wrote:Guess I missed this... oh well, I agree that even a bit undersized they'd make great minions.

You didn't miss it,cuz apparently there is still a way to get in on it.Try to contact BoxGhost on the Fwoosh forums it's his KS and he said there is still a way for people to still order on the Backerkits
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby SalemCrow » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:28 pm

No need to contact him. He stated that there will be a preorder option to get in on this if you missed the KS campaign. There is a 1/18th Hellscreamerz line that is doing it right now, so apparently it is an option Backerkit gives campaign owners.

Should be announced within 2 weeks or so.

Keep an eye on his Cryptid Toys FB page, the KS page for updates, or this thread/ the Fwoosh thread to see when it's announced. It'll certainly get talked about in the threads.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:52 am

What a great option for those that didn't get to jump into the KS.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby twehner31 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Hey remember this folks:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/292967578/souls-of-the-abyss-the-tiburonera-tribe

Well.. just received this email from the creator of that KS:

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd reach out to let you all know that I will be re-launching this campaign in a few months, taking ALL of the incredible feedback I got from the fan base and all the figure collectors, which I am very grateful for.

I will be re-tooling some of the articulation, fixing the hips, opening the mouth and ALSO will be producing these figures in PVC just like Mythic legions, and most every other contemporary action figure line. The MEGO, hollow body vinyl thing was a very personal thing to ME, but it obviously did not resonate with a lot of you and many feel that's a big part of why this campaign did not reach it's goal.

In an effort to make something more along the lines of what the collectors want, I'll be making it much more contemporary, using resealable packaging, etc... I would sincerely appreciate some feedback here and if you could share this news on some of the forums you guys and gals frequent, I would most sincerely appreciate it.

The overwhelming amount of positive feedback I've gotten about the DESIGN of this monster, has also been something I'm very thankful for and just to let you all know as well, the design and the sculpt will not change. I'm just ditching the whole MEGO element and going for a more updated approach to the articulation and materials.

Thanks so much for all the love and support.

Stay tuned.

SC

Can I get a 'Hellz Yeah'!? :mrgreen:
twehner31
Bronze Grunt

Postby skeletom » Tue May 01, 2018 5:20 pm

Well that's got my interest! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby garyl » Tue May 01, 2018 5:57 pm

twehner31 wrote:Hey remember this folks:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/292967578/souls-of-the-abyss-the-tiburonera-tribe

Well.. just received this email from the creator of that KS:

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd reach out to let you all know that I will be re-launching this campaign in a few months, taking ALL of the incredible feedback I got from the fan base and all the figure collectors, which I am very grateful for.

I will be re-tooling some of the articulation, fixing the hips, opening the mouth and ALSO will be producing these figures in PVC just like Mythic legions, and most every other contemporary action figure line. The MEGO, hollow body vinyl thing was a very personal thing to ME, but it obviously did not resonate with a lot of you and many feel that's a big part of why this campaign did not reach it's goal.

In an effort to make something more along the lines of what the collectors want, I'll be making it much more contemporary, using resealable packaging, etc... I would sincerely appreciate some feedback here and if you could share this news on some of the forums you guys and gals frequent, I would most sincerely appreciate it.

The overwhelming amount of positive feedback I've gotten about the DESIGN of this monster, has also been something I'm very thankful for and just to let you all know as well, the design and the sculpt will not change. I'm just ditching the whole MEGO element and going for a more updated approach to the articulation and materials.

Thanks so much for all the love and support.

Stay tuned.

SC

One part of the original figure design I never understood was the decision to curve the neck forward and mount the head at the back, instead of underneath ( like Bog Goblin ). It doesn't match the movie costume and limits the figure/head articulation at the same time. I thought these were also intended as a movie tie in. Anyway, that's my feedback; redesign the neck and mount the head from below, like the costume.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Havoc » Tue May 01, 2018 6:06 pm

I felt so bad when this went belly up. It's such a great sculpt and deserves a second chance.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive