other 6" Kickstarters?

Re: other 6" Kickstarters?

Postby ReallyBigKid » Tue May 01, 2018 6:41 pm

I'm so happy that I'll get another chance at that Shark Hunter: Souls of the Abyss figure.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Darren » Tue May 01, 2018 7:36 pm

"I will be re-tooling some of the articulation, fixing the hips, opening the mouth and ALSO will be producing these figures in PVC just like Mythic legions, and most every other contemporary action figure line. The MEGO, hollow body vinyl thing was a very personal thing to ME, but it obviously did not resonate with a lot of you and many feel that's a big part of why this campaign did not reach it's goal."

I have to give this guy credit. I love that he is taking feedback. I have zero interest in Mego style figures. That was the reason why I passed on the Kickstarter.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:32 am

I'll give it a look see once he has something up again. Mego didn't do it for me either, but if I like what I see, I might pick one up. It's a neat design.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Visionary » Wed May 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Hope he fixes those scrawny legs
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Wed May 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Darren wrote:"I will be re-tooling some of the articulation, fixing the hips, opening the mouth and ALSO will be producing these figures in PVC just like Mythic legions, and most every other contemporary action figure line. The MEGO, hollow body vinyl thing was a very personal thing to ME, but it obviously did not resonate with a lot of you and many feel that's a big part of why this campaign did not reach it's goal."

I have to give this guy credit. I love that he is taking feedback. I have zero interest in Mego style figures. That was the reason why I passed on the Kickstarter.

I am actually surprised he is taking that feedback. During his campaign, he was kind of defensive about all the feedback from people saying that they didn't care for the MEGO approach. He seemed to have the attitude of "it's my creation and I will do what I want with it" instead of listening to what the community was clearly telling him. Even at the end of the campaign he basically was like "well, I did it my way and it didn't work, so screw it I will go and do other projects like books and stuff." Honestly, his attitude during the campaign kinda turned me off what I thought was a pretty cool looking figure.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Wed May 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:
Darren wrote:"I will be re-tooling some of the articulation, fixing the hips, opening the mouth and ALSO will be producing these figures in PVC just like Mythic legions, and most every other contemporary action figure line. The MEGO, hollow body vinyl thing was a very personal thing to ME, but it obviously did not resonate with a lot of you and many feel that's a big part of why this campaign did not reach it's goal."

I am actually surprised he is taking that feedback. During his campaign, he was kind of defensive about all the feedback from people saying that they didn't care for the MEGO approach. He seemed to have the attitude of "it's my creation and I will do what I want with it" instead of listening to what the community was clearly telling him. Even at the end of the campaign he basically was like "well, I did it my way and it didn't work, so screw it I will go and do other projects like books and stuff." Honestly, his attitude during the campaign kinda turned me off what I thought was a pretty cool looking figure.

Yeah, reading through his comments and updates, at one point he was like "you're just gonnna put it on a shelf anyway, what do you care how the joints are?"
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Wed May 02, 2018 3:09 pm

Ya his attitude did suck now that I remember. Hope he's changed his outlook.

I hope he adds the sarong/skirt piece that some of you have suggested before.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Roland of Gilead » Wed May 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Awesome! I was in on the first kickstarter as I wanted a bunch of these to go with the rest of my Mythic Legions. It sounds like that's just what the creator has in mind this time.
Roland of Gilead
Silver Grunt

Postby twehner31 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Visionary wrote:Ya his attitude did suck now that I remember. Hope he's changed his outlook.
I hope he adds the sarong/skirt piece that some of you have suggested before.

I know I was upset that he didn't seem at all interested in moving away from the MEGO style construction, but I think he may have become a bit defensive at all the feedback pushing him to change. By his own admission, he saw that sort of construction as nostalgic to his own childhood and so became rather attached to it. Hopefully a bit of time away from the project has seen him set aside any defensiveness.

I think that even if he changed nothing else but the construction of the figures, this time around the KS will fund easily. And he will see even greater success with other tweaks, like adding the seaweed sarong that he had planned to add even the last go 'round.

I'll definitely be supporting his KS again- it'll just be a question of how much support based on how the final products turn out.
twehner31
Bronze Grunt

Postby Havoc » Wed May 02, 2018 5:41 pm

I hope he also considers stretch goals - others figures or repaints, weapons packs, that seaweed skirt and other artifacts. These generated a lot of excitement on the 4H's kickstarter.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:I am actually surprised he is taking that feedback. During his campaign, he was kind of defensive about all the feedback from people saying that they didn't care for the MEGO approach. He seemed to have the attitude of "it's my creation and I will do what I want with it" instead of listening to what the community was clearly telling him. Even at the end of the campaign he basically was like "well, I did it my way and it didn't work, so screw it I will go and do other projects like books and stuff." Honestly, his attitude during the campaign kinda turned me off what I thought was a pretty cool looking figure.

I'll be honest, while I can't remember the specifics, I do remember this guy having a noticeable attitude that turned me off from his products. I backed the original KS for these things, even despite the outdated Mego construction because I felt the figure would still be workable. Going for a more modern build and articulation style, while also adding improvements to the figure as a whole is a great move and a massive step forward.

....but there was just something about this guy that left a bad taste in my mouth and I'd be very hesitant to back any more of his products. To this day I haven't been disappointed by a single successful KS I backed mainly because I've been fairly picky about what I support. But this guy is on the line for me and I'm leaning towards skipping it entirely. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we get some actual Lizard men in the Legions so I feel I'd be happier waiting for that then supporting this.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ashtalon » Fri May 04, 2018 12:32 pm

I asked during the original KS about bicep swivels, but I believe the answer wasn't to my liking. I didn't view this as so much attitude by the KS creator, as he just wanted to make the figures a certain way. He designed the creatures, made a movie, and wanted to make Mego-style figures of the creature. This may seem odd to say, but I don't think he was really planning on getting into the figure business. Just trying to make a novelty of sorts based on his own property. He likely didn't research or understand the appeal of the action figures beyond the attachment to the film itself.

The fact that he's responding to the criticism and coming back with a modified campaign is a good sign he's done more research into action figures and what people want out of them. I'll support him. Hell, I supported the Dime Store western figure KS, and the guy running that was far worse in attitude. I almost didn't support the Dime Store KS because of the attitude involved. Decided to support it at a small/modest level anyway. Learning from your mistakes and giving it another go is something that should be supported in my mind. I like the creature designs and figure I can use them with other brands, like Mythic Legions or Marvel Legends, so I'll support the new KS.
Ashtalon
Bronze Grunt

Postby worldwar_hulk » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 pm

Action Force (6" Military-ish styled super articulated figures) -
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ac ... %20figures

Also thought I'd mention another. Not quite for me but maybe someone else will like em.
Articulated Dogs - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lo ... %20figures
(There's a Mythic Legions figure featured in their pictures, thought that was kinda cool)

And lastly, this campaign has ended, but I thought I'd still mention them because they've got a way for you to preorder figures still.
Army Alphas (6" Super Articulated, GIJoe styled Figures) -
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... ts/2546071
Preorder - https://armyalphas.backerkit.com/hosted ... ers/175847
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby Gigaleo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Oh I remember this project, I loved the creature design but I was out when I saw they were going to be on Mego bodies. Not for me. If he's updating these to full on 6" fully articulated figures though, I will definitely back it.
Gigaleo

Previous

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive