other 6" Kickstarters?

Re: other 6" Kickstarters?

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:52 am

Spongyblue wrote:I just found this one for an interlocking diorama system: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1785579518/lokt-system-diorama-walls-castle-dungeon-builder?ref=nav_search

I don't think it will make it at 1% with 7 days left, but its an interesting concept that I know folks have been asking for awhile. I hope they tinker with the concept and give it a second try. They even appear to be fans of ML, so I'm kinda surprised they haven't popped up here to spread the word.

I already mentioned these. No one seemed too interested.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:55 am

boogieman4hire wrote:
Spongyblue wrote:I just found this one for an interlocking diorama system: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1785579518/lokt-system-diorama-walls-castle-dungeon-builder?ref=nav_search

I don't think it will make it at 1% with 7 days left, but its an interesting concept that I know folks have been asking for awhile. I hope they tinker with the concept and give it a second try. They even appear to be fans of ML, so I'm kinda surprised they haven't popped up here to spread the word.

I already mentioned these. No one seemed too interested.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1340&start=45
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby beast guy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:30 pm

It sucks that the diorama system is not taking off.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 pm

It could be better executed and something the Horsemen could include in future assortments
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Spongyblue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:46 pm

Oops :oops:
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby domu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Speaking only for myself, the guy behind it has been a little off-putting during interactions on a Mythic Legions Facebook group on more than one occasion that I've seen, so I was already sort of predisposed against it. Then after seeing the product, it seems just a bit lacking in polish.
Buying Test Shots. Looking for: Bolthor, B'alam & Snagg
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:55 pm

domu wrote:Speaking only for myself, the guy behind it has been a little off-putting during interactions on a Mythic Legions Facebook group on more than one occasion that I've seen, so I was already sort of predisposed against it. Then after seeing the product, it seems just a bit lacking in polish.

Not to create trouble but how so? I don't have Facebook so I'm curious by what you mean. Is it that he seems off kilter or aggressive?
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm not shocked that this Kickstarter didn't take off. These guys should have prepared more before they launched their Kickstarter. This project needed high quality drawn images of each modular part or better yet 3D printed samples. One doorway and some doodles on a sticky note just doesn't cut it. Also, what's the point of a Link to a website that is under construction?

I hope that the creators of the Kickstarter learn from this experience. They have a really good idea.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby domu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:19 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Not to create trouble but how so? I don't have Facebook so I'm curious by what you mean. Is it that he seems off kilter or aggressive?

Aggressive is a good word for it.
Just for clarification, I haven't had any communication with him. I just remember seeing more than a couple of discussions take a negative turn out of nowhere and noticed that it was the same guy in all of them.
I don't know if I would trust his temperament to deal with any sort of critique, much less customer service concerns.
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:46 pm

Sir Real wrote:Souls of the Abyss is live now. 7" sea monster type figures, which look really great. Mythic Legions is even mentioned in the description, to say they are in the same scale. :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29 ... nera-tribe

backed!
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Izdawiz wrote:
Sir Real wrote:Souls of the Abyss is live now. 7" sea monster type figures, which look really great. Mythic Legions is even mentioned in the description, to say they are in the same scale. :D

backed!

I await your review next year. Beetlemania.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Chicken George » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:20 pm

domu wrote:

Speaking only for myself, the guy behind it has been a little off-putting during interactions on a Mythic Legions Facebook group on more than one occasion that I've seen, so I was already sort of predisposed against it. Then after seeing the product, it seems just a bit lacking in polish.

I agree, though, I think its a lot lacking is polish.

I did not know about this kickstarter till now after reading the posts, I checked it out, just does not seem to have very good sculpts and most of his add-on's are not shown on his kickstarter page, just says he will have pictures later. I can sculpt better than this and would not waste my money on such shoddy work. Looks like he rushed to get this to kickstarter, and was not ready.

I love the concept, maybe 4H can do it better, maybe wall and base pieces that snap together to form bigger sections and can be used for figure stands individually.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby domu » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Chicken George wrote:I agree, though, I think its a lot lacking is polish.

I did not know about this kickstarter till now after reading the posts, I checked it out, just does not seem to have very good sculpts and most of his add-on's are not shown on his kickstarter page, just says he will have pictures later. I can sculpt better than this and would not waste my money on such shoddy work. Looks like he rushed to get this to kickstarter, and was not ready.

I love the concept, maybe 4H can do it better, maybe wall and base pieces that snap together to form bigger sections and can be used for figure stands individually.

Totally agree. I was trying to be diplomatic ;)

The concept is solid; the execution...

He'd been talking about it for a few months prior to the Kickstarter launch. He mentioned delays in getting prototypes printed and some other issues, so I don't get why he rushed to start the Kickstarter. You only get one chance to make a first impression. All the stuff prior to launching the Kickstarter should be the "easy" part. The deadlines are more flexible. You get more opportunities to get things as close to perfect as possible before presenting them to the general public. If this is the best he could present at the moment, why bother launching? If he thought that the quality of the presentation was acceptable, his quality standards are clearly questionable. That bodes really poorly for what he would deem acceptable in the final product.
domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby ReallyBigKid » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:03 am

Izdawiz wrote:

backed!

What did you get, Iz?
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:21 am

ReallyBigKid wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:

backed!

What did you get, Iz?

Just one of the Sharkhunter figures.

They are technically Mexican Monsters so they fit in that niche of my collecting as well as being cool Mythic Legion compatible monsters. I hope it gets funded.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive