Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Re: Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Postby Visionary » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:23 pm

I can do it as long as they aren’t too iconic like say a Superman or Batman against Orcs. So ya as long as they fit aesthetically with the look or feel of ML I’ll mix them in.

Great pics btw
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Jeremy Girard » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:08 pm

SD-2 wrote:
What about you guys… do you really mix ‘n match :?:

I do, but only with characters/heads that I don't have a personal connection to. For example, I used that Ares head on one of my customs (http://www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic/cust ... an-stygian) and it worked fine for me because I was never much of a DC comics fan outside of Batman, so I don't even know much about Ares.

The same thing with Cull Obsidian, although for that one I did tweak it a bit and added some ears (http://www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic/custom/hive).

If I know a character, using that head or figure in ML doesn't work for me. Like you said, all I can see if the original character it came from. I couldn't use a MCU style Thor because all I would see is the Chris Hemsworth character, but I am fine using a head from a wrestling or video game figure because I don't watch wrestling or play video games, so in my universe, those heads do not automatically connect to an existing character. Bottom line, I think it is a personal, person by person decision as to what works for their display and what does not fit.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends, Batman Ooze Pit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079K9PDLW/re ... KCbTSVEB6B

Nice price.Should be great with any 1:18 figures like that BossFight stuff
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:
SD-2 wrote:

I do, but only with characters/heads that I don't have a personal connection to. For example, I used that Ares head on one of my customs (http://www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic/cust ... an-stygian) and it worked fine for me because I was never much of a DC comics fan outside of Batman, so I don't even know much about Ares.

The same thing with Cull Obsidian, although for that one I did tweak it a bit and added some ears (http://www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic/custom/hive).

If I know a character, using that head or figure in ML doesn't work for me. Like you said, all I can see if the original character it came from. I couldn't use a MCU style Thor because all I would see is the Chris Hemsworth character, but I am fine using a head from a wrestling or video game figure because I don't watch wrestling or play video games, so in my universe, those heads do not automatically connect to an existing character. Bottom line, I think it is a personal, person by person decision as to what works for their display and what does not fit.

The Obsidian Warrior and Growgann are amazing new additions. I marvel at your ability to seamlessly reuse parts in a fresh and interesting way.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby SD-2 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Visionary wrote:I can do it as long as they aren’t too iconic like say a Superman or Batman against Orcs. So ya as long as they fit aesthetically with the look or feel of ML I’ll mix them in.

Great pics btw

Thank you sir!

Izdawiz wrote:
Jeremy Girard wrote:
SD-2 wrote:

Gods, Man... those customs are nothing short of amazing! Brordartmakr Boneblade is seamless, as Izzy pointed out :!: And the Ares head looks way better on him than it does on the original fig :!: But, Growgaan has to be my favorite of the two. He’s absolutely flawless… wow :!: :shock:

Vish, I totally agree… Superman is gonna be “Superman” no matter how you dress him up to try to use him as another fig…

But, what about the Planet Hulk?

I ‘dunno… I can see him as a giant troll fighting the other ‘verse He-Man. Who could easily be seen another character as well. Or do you still think he’s too iconic :?:

With some figs ‘tho, I think that the proportions are a little too off to really make it work…
SD-2
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:12 pm

He Man and Hulk are definitely iconic but He Man already fits into a Sword n Sorcery motif like ML. And I definitely added Gladiator Hulk to the Orc/Troll battles as well. He’ll look great in the Colosseum battles.

But to each their own ofcourse when it comes to what look you want to achieve with what characters. Superman could always be transported to Mythoss for a Stranger in a Strange Land type battle.
I would prefer Iron Man since I like to see how he would adapt to the world around him.Magic powered armor?
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:43 am

Looks great but 5” scale
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby boogieman4hire » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Hell no. And they seem overpriced
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby mikros » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:09 am

SD-2 wrote:What about you guys… do you really mix ‘n match :?:

It depends on how well it matches the aesthetic and how iconic it is. I used to have Marvel Legends Angela with Mythic Legions until we got females. Now I have no other humanoid characters, but I do have a LOTR horse, the giant lizzard from Rampage and the Indoraptor from Jurassic World, as well as a little skeleton pet from Skeleton Warriors. I'm considering adding stuff from smaller scale lines to serve as halfling and fairies.
mikros

Postby zombie13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am

I'm starting to get out of trying to add figures from other lines to compliment Mythic Legions because it's starting to get big enough and diverse enough on it's own. Now that said, I wouldn't say no to adding smaller scale figures for little Sprites like I've seen Jeremy do, or add Mounts from other lines (just not horses) if it adds to the over all "fit in" feel. But adding humanoid sized characters from other lines is starting to become a big NO for me. I will add in some monsters or creatures for the characters to face off against on the shelf, but only if they are obscure enough that it doesn't look too recognizable. Plus I'm working on all kinds of parts to help add to the growing diversity of Mythic Legions. New Heads, feet and a few other surprises are coming. Maybe not as fast as I'd like, but they are coming.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Visionary » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:30 pm

Amazing detail.I’ll bite at $30 but damn $30!?!?!

Imageamerica atm near me
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Luthersquire » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:36 am

Wow - that's some sculpt - if the final production figure looks anything like the 3D render

I'm not familiar with Fig Biz's reputation - do they produce a quality product? How true to form is the end result compared to the mockups

My concern is, with "Features about 10 points of articulation" (per BBTS), some of the great sculpting is going to fall away to articulation, or the sculpting is going to stay and we'll have a nice looking statue.
Luthersquire

Postby Visionary » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:44 am

As long as she has neck,shoulder,elbow,hip,knee,and ankle joints after that is extra to me. I’d want to put her on a flying dragon mount or horse.

Hope her ass survives to the final product as well.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby SalemCrow » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Visionary wrote:As long as she has neck,shoulder,elbow,hip,knee,and ankle joints after that is extra to me. I’d want to put her on a flying dragon mount or horse.

Hope her ass survives to the final product as well.

I wouldn't count on that level of articulation. Based on the renders for her and their Bill & Ted figures, the look like they are designed for swivel shoulders and T crotch hips. I'd love to be proven wrong, but the sculpts would be too cut up with ball joints in those areas.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:32 pm

10 points seems like it would be the shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, waist, and neck, all swivels or hinges. If it was more than a simple swivel or hinge, most toy companies would advertise that as an additional POA. If the shoulder swings outward on a disc and rotates on a peg, that's 2 POA in each shoulder, for example.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive