Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Re: Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Postby Bill DeGeest » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:31 am

Picked up McFarlane Toys Fortnite Ragnarok and Marvel Legends Hercules this past weekend.

Herc is a modern look but is close enough to work with Legions for me. Ragnarok could do with a wash on the bone parts but other than that, pretty keen.
Squirt gun full of poison.
Bill DeGeest

Postby Gama » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Now that steeds are coming to Mythos, how about these horses? They are made by Breyer and are 1/12 scale. They are not ariculated and are a little bit undersized for Mythic Legions but look good with them IMO. Reins and saddles are sold separately, and it can get expensive with the accessories, but the horse as is is cheap, 10 bucks plus tax at Tuesday Morning.

Gama

Postby Ideal » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:50 pm

There was discussion about those sometime after ML1. Some people felt they didn't scale well with the figures.

I remember looking at them when Toys R Us was still around, but never puked the trigger on them
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Gama » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:09 pm

Ideal wrote:There was discussion about those sometime after ML1. Some people felt they didn't scale well with the figures.

I remember looking at them when Toys R Us was still around, but never puked the trigger on them

Oh, never read that. I've been seeing them for a month or so and finally pulled the trigger on that Mustang yesterday. I guess if you put them side by side with an ML1 body they will look even more undersized so I understand why some collectors felt that way, but with a slender body like this Elf Ranger the contrast in size is not so glaring, IMO. You could think of them as "young" horses and blend them with the regular horses (Balius) in a display. They are definitely not as detailed as Balius but they are way cheaper.
Gama

Postby Ziero01 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm

SD-2 wrote:So…

I picked up the “85 Years” Thor at Target the other day, and I really like him.

This is the 4th “Classic” Thor we’ve received. I’m counting the Marvel Select” Classic” among these. Although he really has limited ‘artie (except for his head movement, oddly enough).

Ultimately I do like Thor “85 Years” the best. What are your thoughts :?: and how do feel about his compatibility :?: with the ML line

I have him on Pre-Order with Hasbro's new shop, but he'll easily be the default Thor in my Marvel Legends display. I think he looks absolutely fabulous and is a welcomed upgrade to my BaF Odin wave Thor....who is really kinda crap. Though I'm curious as to how his hammer holds up, is the handle thick enough to prevent warping if it's held up for extended periods of time?

worldwar_hulk wrote:Seriously? No one else is gonna do it? I'm gonna have to be the one?

Alright. I'll do it. But just remember, you guys made me do this...

I didn't even know they made a fat goblin, I've only seen the smaller ones. It's good he comes with a loin cloth though, that's the one reason I didn't get the smaller guys. They only come with a little fig leaf, which is just silly. These guys do look a bit more cartoony then the other ones as well, it's probably the large eyes, tiny head and odd smile. The Orc head actually looks much better imo, but even that is just way too small.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 pm

Great Thor pics SD-2! He goes well with ML

That MacFarlane Ragnarok figure looks ok but the frost beard is throwing me off a bit.Herc fits right in too.

I bought one of the Breyer horses but it was the Unicorn so I’m fine with it’s scale and static pose.

Might get the Pegasus too
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby SD-2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:21 pm

Izdawiz wrote:
I want Fat Thor and another Beta Ray Bill.

It’s funny… Thor is my favorite comic character bar none. But, Beta Ray Bill not so much. I just see him as a copy of Thor. It’s always been that way. I love Ms. Marvel, I don’t like the female Thor or Captain Marvel Characters. I love Sif, Wonder Woman, Black Widow, etc., But Beta is a very well written character for the most part.

When you say “another” Beta Ray Bill, do mean the new one?

I do think both ML offerings are pretty good sculpts… And I do love the articulated jaw on both.

And of course, the latest one is an overall improvement both in sculpt and ‘artie. But I rarely play with them, you know? They’re ‘kinda redundant for me.

But I suppose they’re compatible… they could be a different race… from an alternate dimension?

They’re definitely ‘kewl looking. I don’t know about getting “Fat Thor” 'tho... he’s just a reminder that I need to loose more weight! :D
SD-2
Bronze Grunt

Postby SD-2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:59 pm

Ziero01 wrote:I have him on Pre-Order with Hasbro's new shop, but he'll easily be the default Thor in my Marvel Legends display. I think he looks absolutely fabulous and is a welcomed upgrade to my BaF Odin wave Thor....who is really kinda crap. Though I'm curious as to how his hammer holds up, is the handle thick enough to prevent warping if it's held up for extended periods of time?

The Hammer handle is much sturdier than the previous one. Probably because the Hammer’s handle is shorter.

Visionary wrote:Great Thor pics SD-2! He goes well with ML

That MacFarlane Ragnarok figure looks ok but the frost beard is throwing me off a bit. Herc fits right in too.

Thanks, ‘Vish…

I dig the new Herc fig… But I wish this update was in his classic costume. There’s no denying it’s a better fig. than the last one.

I love to play with scale. And this little Herc sports my favorite costume. This brings me back to my John Byrne days.

The Ares fig. is pretty much the same in both scales… Sigh.

See? Not exact, but pretty close.
SD-2
Bronze Grunt

Postby SD-2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:12 pm

I wonder if it would be possible for the FH to do a ML line just featuring their renditions of ancient Heroes.

Hercules,
Achilles,
Samson,
Gilgamesh,
Thor,
Sinbad,
etc.
SD-2
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:14 am

Samson
Hercules
Achilles
Zeus
Ares
Mercury
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby you_will_forget » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Dammit Viz, I read that and now my computer is destroyed.

Jo
typing with much smaller fingers
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:51 pm

SD-2 wrote:I wonder if it would be possible for the FH to do a ML line just featuring their renditions of ancient Heroes.

Hercules,
Achilles,
Samson,
Gilgamesh,
Thor,
Sinbad,
etc.

Great idea.

My old Beta Ray broke in half, still looking for the new one.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:55 pm

How about a Snake Mountain on a $17.98 budget? Sure the door is a little short, but the snakes don't mind.

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:28 pm

you_will_forget wrote:Dammit Viz, I read that and now my computer is destroyed.

Jo
typing with much smaller fingers

Remember the evil dog from LaughOlympics?

Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:31 pm

Izdawiz wrote:How about a Snake Mountain on a $17.98 budget? Sure the door is a little short, but the snakes don't mind.

I bought 2 of these too to use somehow later on. Might buy another if super cheap
Visionary
Goldsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive