Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Re: Complimentary figures to Mythic Legions?

Postby Visionary » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 pm

Was at Target today and saw the new Mattel WWE Create A Wrestler figures and the HHH Barbarian and the Rock figures look to be good fits with Mythic Legions.

The heads,torsos,arms,legs,and accessories are all interchangeable so you can create the best warriors that work for you.

I'll put up some pics when I get them all.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Izdawiz » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Visionary wrote:Was at Target today and saw the new Mattel WWE Create A Wrestler figures and the HHH Barbarian and the Rock figures look to be good fits with Mythic Legions.

The heads,torsos,arms,legs,and accessories are all interchangeable so you can create the best warriors that work for you.

Been looking forward to these. Especially the Lucha set. They look like fun.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombihamma » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:27 am

Ziero01 wrote:
Dayraven wrote:that articulated scorpion coming from schleich is going to look awesome attacking my dwarves.

That Scorpion looks pretty awesome, as does a lot of the newer Schleich stuff but it's hard finding any real info on price or size for a lot of em. The sets with the small critters and the magic swords are especially interesting, but I'd like to see how big they are compared to other figures and if the magic swords can be removed from their displays. Also Schleich stuff is usually ridiculously priced so I'm wondering how much these things will actually go for in the US.

Some other figures that I think will go great with my Mythic Legions figures actually just came in today, the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter Titan Skeletons. Though I will admit they are a bit short (5" compared to ML's 6") they're still big enough, due to their bulk, to work with larger figures. The only real downsides to these guys is their lack of a hinged jaw and the complete lack of any kind of paint. A simple blackwash alone would be enough to bring out a lot of their details, and it might be something I actually try on em myself.

These guys are actually a lot of fun and came out much better then I had initially expected so now I'm kicking myself for only getting three. If they actually follow through with their second Skeleton Warriors kickstarter like they're discussing, I'll be sure to grab a few more. Combined with my Revoltech skeletons, my Deadites and Forbidden, my Skeleton Horde has grown nicely. Malleus and his Skeleton Knights will fit in well with these undead warriors.

Cool looking bunch, what are the grey taller skeletons in the back ?
zombihamma
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:28 pm

The big one with the red cape is from the Final Fantasy 8 Monster Collection from Kotobukiya and the smaller ones with the shields are the Revoltech Jason and the Argonauts Skeletons which are very articulated.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:03 pm

[url][/url]
Izdawiz wrote:
Visionary wrote:Was at Target today and saw the new Mattel WWE Create A Wrestler figures and the HHH Barbarian and the Rock figures look to be good fits with Mythic Legions.

Been looking forward to these. Especially the Lucha set. They look like fun.

Yeah these are definitely worth it to me,they look great and are making me more excited for ML.

The figures are a bit wobbly but if you get some good ones you'll enjoy them trust me.
I'd say best thing Mattel has put out in a few years.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Izdawiz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:04 pm

I've already got the Lucha set and I'm customizing an Aztec eagle warrior out of it. The silver wings I gave to Statos because I always thought he looked ridiculous with just those arm feather things. Now he looks like a proper flying monkey.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Visionary » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:27 am

Izdawiz wrote:I've already got the Lucha set and I'm customizing an Aztec eagle warrior out of it. The silver wings I gave to Statos because I always thought he looked ridiculous with just those arm feather things. Now he looks like a proper flying monkey.

The Lucha set does nothing for me but a cool Aztec Warrior would be nice,like that crappy 10" Rey Mysterio that's out now with the eagle head.If that was the look of the Lucha I'd buy it.

The Rocker set looks a bit boring too except for the cool wizard robe with hood and I kinda like the punk head.

What are your thoughts on the figures?Do you like the mix and match possibilities?

I'll buy another HHH and Rock set.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Eterniandreams » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:59 am

How would MOTUC Ram Man look next to Mythic Legions? Awesome I think.
Eterniandreams
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Eterniandreams wrote:How would MOTUC Ram Man look next to Mythic Legions? Awesome I think.

I wish I knew since Mattel made it impossible to buy the damn thing.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Dayraven » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 pm

anyone keeping on eye on these "Articulated Icons" teasers on the fwoosh? http://thefwoosh.com/2015/07/articulate ... -breakdown not sure when it might go down, but this is a pitch for an upcoming kickstarter thing... will definitely be watching the price point on these as 3 or 4 of them would be incredible. who doesn't love ninja? especially if you like the concept of open ended fantasy, a minotaur vs a gang of ninja, or a cluster of dwarves trying to infiltrate a dojo... there's some incredible possibilities there for a very fun storyline. ninja vs skeletons!!!
Dayraven
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Ninjas vs Skeletons Nuff said take my wallet!

Or Skeleton Ninjas!
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Superdadd2 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:14 am

Visionary wrote:Great pics

Thanks, Sir!

More than ever I wished that I got the raven figs. I would have loved them to with this fig. But oh well…

Image]

They would match like the dragon dudes match this Spawn fig!

Hey anybody ‘wanna trade 4 raven figs. for these guys MOC??? Inquiring minds want to know!

Superdadd2
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:49 am

One of the coolest things I saw at Comic Con. I've already preordered 4 of them at BBTS.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Ziero01 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:52 pm

The Kotal Kahn figure is pretty badass looking, but it's the Scorpion figure that piqued my interest. Anyone know about the quality of Mezco's figures? I don't think I've ever owned any of their figs and I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I buy something.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive